Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 05:45 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Your adjectives say more about you than your intended targets.
Well - I'm a woman and take no offense to anything that they've said because they have parroted my feelings exactly - shall we start pulling quotes and label you too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 05:53 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I have always found Maddow smart. She has taken to doing monologues now and that gets tedious but she is the darling of liberals who tune in to MSNBC just for her. She treats all her guests with respect and is cordial, such as Conway who was very pleasant surprisingly on her show.. I find it interesting that Kelly has been moved UP to the same time slot as Maddow kicking out slimy Hannity. This is what made me want to start watching her and I found a very different Megan. Apparently she is leaving soon, and good for her. She is too good for Fox.
Why do you call her a *****? are you male or female, if you don't mind my asking.
Yes, I am biased towards women who stand up for other women. Smart women on Fox are made to act like bimbos.
I disagree with that - smart woman are not made to act like bimbos. I stopped regularly stopped watching Fox after the Trump / Kelly debacle - but found all their women journalists to be quite smart - seeing both sides of the debate and discussing the good and bad of each.

You don't like Hannity because he's a Trump supporter - you like Megyn because she's a feminist and started the whole Trump hates women controversy. Hillary's campaign latched on to that and that is the focus of her campaign - no substance - no policies - but empty promises and the gender card.

Extreme feminists, BLM and the far left have made this country what it is today - get rid of all of them and maybe we can get it back on track.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:16 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Clinton never threatened to veto NAFTA. He actively supported it and sold it to the American people. Why do you think he had his Vice President debate Ross Perot about it? Who could forget that giant sucking sound (bite)?
Ross Perot was right on a lot of things.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:33 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Ross Perot was right on a lot of things.
He was kicked out by the real threat on his life by the powers that used him to get Clinton elected.

Perot was throughly disgusted by Bill Clinton.

Trump is always for the winner.

That's why he wants to get elected.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:15 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You must watch and listen to these you mentioned a lot, to know so much about them.

If they are as bad as you claim WHY do you watch and listen to them so much?
It takes only a few minutes to judge Rush and Hannity, they are so one dimensional. it is not that hard to do. I tune in out of curiosity and for entertainment until it quickly turns to disgust and I cannot stand them any more. So, in small, tiny measure, just for knowing the world we live in.

I do watch Fox, I have said it before. I watch Chris Wallace who I think is very smart and asks tough questions of all his guests. I watch the first half and then switch off when the Panel gathers as it has nothing to say that interests me. Sometimes I like Bret Baer (sp?). Just recently i started watching Kelly when she was cast on the same time slot as Maddow. All together I do not watch cable news much, I prefer PBS and listen to NPR.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:27 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I disagree with that - smart woman are not made to act like bimbos.

You don't like Hannity because he's a Trump supporter -

you like Megyn because she's a feminist and started the whole Trump hates women controversy..
I watched Gretchen Carlson when she was lampooned by Jon Stewart who enumerated her stellar qualifications. also a graduate of Stanford like Maddow. You don't get into Stanford on looks. Yet she asks stupid questions and acts dumb. why is that? because she is paid good money for that.

I dislike Hannity because he is an idiot, unlike Rush who is actually smart even though he never finished High School.

I only watch the opening segment of Kelley and only started recently and yes, I am quite impressed. I have caught her before when she dressed the typical Foxy way and behaved that way. Then she took Carl Rove to task on Election night. That was an electric moment. And yes I respect feminists. Why don't you? Trump of course hates women and has no respect for them. How many times does he have to prove it for you? No it is not the same as Clinton, although he is also slimy.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:31 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I have recently been watching Megan after she came out in support of women against Roger Ailes. I think her new style has also made her bold and sharp. I actually like her quite a bit and find her show more interesting than Rachel Maddow.
Why does it appear that she is in the dog house now with the Fox faithfuls?
Megyn Kelly is just a strong independent voice and what every journalist should aspire to be. I think the fact that people have no idea what to make of her is just sad and shows how far we've fallen.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Megyn Kelly is a little too drama queen for me. She's ok.

She needs to be grabbed by the p*ssy and... Oh, is my mic hot?

Old 10-09-2016, 02:30 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Megyn Kelly is just a strong independent voice and what every journalist should aspire to be. I think the fact that people have no idea what to make of her is just sad and shows how far we've fallen.
Agree.

She's also mature, too mature for the crowd drawn to most of the crowd at F-News.

Hannity Pannity rose to the top.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 10-09-2016 at 02:44 AM..

Old 10-09-2016, 06:13 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I disagree with that - smart woman are not made to act like bimbos. I stopped regularly stopped watching Fox after the Trump / Kelly debacle - but found all their women journalists to be quite smart - seeing both sides of the debate and discussing the good and bad of each.

You don't like Hannity because he's a Trump supporter - you like Megyn because she's a feminist and started the whole Trump hates women controversy. Hillary's campaign latched on to that and that is the focus of her campaign - no substance - no policies - but empty promises and the gender card.

Extreme feminists, BLM and the far left have made this country what it is today - get rid of all of them and maybe we can get it back on track.
Just because she was chosen to ask Trump the question about his treatment of women she is suddenly labeled a feminist, or are all smart women feminists. Trumps views on women were going to appear one way or the other plenty of people have brought it up, but when a woman brings up the subject she get's the label. Kelly is very bright and fair for the most part, not true of the extremist like Hannity and Limbaugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies