Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 11:11 PM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That was the biggest and before vaccines. Now days around 30K die annually from influenza.
That isn't at all accurate. The first point is, deaths attributed to the flu are actually deaths caused by pneumonia that may or may not have been caused by an influenza virus complication.

Point number two is that most illnesses assumed to be influenza are never actually clinically type tested (never proven to be influenza infection)... Just assumed, based on flu-like symptoms.

Point number three is that there are numerous illnesses that produce flu-like symptoms that have nothing to do with influenza infection.

Point number four is that pneumonia can occur as a result of many non-influenza infections.

But it's great propaganda for selling vaccinations ... AND THAT IS ALL THAT IT IS. A self serving narrative that is very weak on science, and very strong on political agenda.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:22 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I pretty sure the autopsy would confirm the data. They aren't taking info from Aunt Betsy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-06-2016, 11:32 PM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well............... if you are opposed to vaccinations, you are a horseman of the apocalypse.

Do you think polio, diptheria, mumps, measles, rubella, meningitis, small pox and shingles are funny?

Do you have any idea of the number of deaths and untold misery that would affect hundreds of millions of people if we had people like you determining whether we should have vaccinations or not?

What medical school did you go to? If you are not a physician, how do you justify propagating such harmful idiocy?
It's not idiocy to tell the truth ...

And our very existence on this planet as a species proves beyond a reasonable doubt that modern, 20th century allopathic medicine has not saved humanity from certain doom, given our long history of survival without it!

To hear you tell it, we should have long been extinct before modern medicine arrived on the scene.

The hard cold truth is ... Vaccination was born as a fraud, given that the mother of vaccine technology .. Smallpox vaccine was a total fraud that caused unimaginable death and suffering everywhere it became mandatory ... Based on an old wives tale that milkmaids were immune to smallpox infection. So a quack named Jenner used coxpox virus (which is an entirely different virus than smallpox) as the inoculating agent.

So given an entirely different virus was used as the inoculating agent, the vaccine could never have prevented a single case of smallpox infection. In fact, the vaccine ... as history shows ... Only weakened the immune systems of those so vaccinated, exponentially increasing the death toll from smallpox everywhere vaccination was imposed.

By the same measure, and contrary to popular myth created by fear mongering propaganda, Polio was actually one of the mildest infectious diseases to ever exist, with 95% of those infected, experiencing mild cold like symptoms, or no symptoms at all.

Back when I was a child, there were only two vaccines ... Smallpox (which was a total fraud) and Polio vaccine which almost killed me.

But I got chickenpox, measles, and mumps ... none of which caused as much suffering as my run in with polio vaccine.

So the real truth is ... Vaccination is the greatest medical health fraud ever perpetrated upon humanity. The truth between the lines is that propaganda can indeed convince masses of people to embrace the craziest things, including the deliberate injection into the human body of live and dead viruses, claiming it to promote good health.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 10-06-2016 at 11:54 PM..

Old 10-06-2016, 11:49 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
That isn't at all accurate. The first point is, deaths attributed to the flu are actually deaths caused by pneumonia that may or may not have been caused by an influenza virus complication.
Yes. People don't tend to die from the flu, they die from complications brought on by the flu (pneumonia is one complication). And if one doesn't have the flu, one won't contract pneumonia via the flu. So if one doesn't have the flu and dies from pneumonia, it OBVIOUSLY was't caused by "an influenza virus complication".

Quote:
Point number two is that most illnesses assumed to be influenza are never actually clinically type tested (never proven to be influenza infection)... Just assumed, based on flu-like symptoms.
Like someone who thinks she/he had the flu every year for decades. But can take care of family members and babies who also don't have the flu (but call it "the flu). So he/she is "flu proof". Just flu-like symptoms which are most likely typical childhood viral infections and older folks aren't as susceptible to "catching". So hug/hold/take care of the family member/child who doesn't have the flu...b/c you won't get the flu from someone who DOESN'T have the flu.

Quote:
Point number three is that there are numerous illnesses that produce flu-like symptoms that have nothing to do with influenza infection.
That was actually both your first & second points.

Quote:
Point number four is that pneumonia can occur as a result of many non-influenza infections.
See above comment & add on.

Quote:
But it's great propaganda for selling vaccinations ... AND THAT IS ALL THAT IT IS. A self serving narrative that is very weak on science, and very strong on political agenda.
Pretty strong on science.

Tamiflu and the flu shot (even if it doesn't work 100% b/c the main infectious strain running around fooled the actuaries of "flu science") will shorten the length of feeling like **** & get you up and moving around a lot faster than someone who had neither.

Something to be said about that.

Especially when we live in a world (or country) where folks have to work for a living to pay taxes and can't afford to take 2 weeks off for catching the flu.

Last edited by Informed Info; 10-07-2016 at 12:17 AM..

Old 10-07-2016, 12:07 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I believe my OPC's will keep me shingles free. Stress is major with shingles and I work that angle too. Learn to let go of so much including a lot of blabber on forums.

Alternative medicine does plenty of their testing but don't spend billions like pharma world. As I said cancer research centers are using OPC's in their research. And no patents are needed for the supplement world.

And I will forever question IF they want to cure "C". It's a huge huge business, money maker. But I take care of me and share what I know.
"I believe" is not good enough. Show us the evidence that it does what you "believe" it does. Big Supp does no testing because no one makes them do it and if they did do it most of what they sell would be shown to do absolutely nothing worthwhile.

It's not a "question of IF they want to cure 'C'". There is no single disease called cancer. It is many diseases with different causes, and many are already being cured. You have been told this before. Why do you keep saying "they" do not want to cure cancer when there are people on this very board telling you they or their family members have been cured? It does not make you look very smart.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:10 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Dude, I think you need to reevaluate the term "overwhelming evidence".

Old 10-07-2016, 12:13 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
It's not idiocy to tell the truth ...
Depends on what one considers "the truth".

Quote:
And our very existence on this planet as a species proves beyond a reasonable doubt that modern, 20th century allopathic medicine has not saved humanity from certain doom, given our long history of survival without it!
No.

What was the average age one could hope to live to during the 18th century?

Quote:
To hear you tell it, we should have long been extinct before modern medicine arrived on the scene.
To hear you tell it, zero medicine was necessary. For anything. Live and die. No need to fix a thing.

Quote:
The hard cold truth is ... Vaccination was born as a fraud, given that the mother of vaccine technology .. Smallpox vaccine was a total fraud that caused unimaginable death and suffering everywhere it became mandatory ... Based on an old wives tale that milkmaids were immune to smallpox infection. So a quack named Jenner used coxpox virus (which is an entirely different virus than smallpox) as the inoculating agent.
The hard cold truth is that vaccines were "born" to stop disease. And they did.

Smallpox caused unimaginable death and suffering everywhere.

Not the vaccination.

Quote:
So given an entirely different virus was used as the inoculating agent, the vaccine could never have prevented a single case of smallpox infection. In fact, the vaccine ... as history shows ... Only weakened the immune systems of those so vaccinated, exponentially increasing the death toll from smallpox everywhere vaccination was imposed.
First of all: Huh?

Second of all: What history are you trying to rewrite here?

Quote:
So the real truth is ... Vaccination is the greatest medical health fraud ever perpetrated upon humanity. Thetruth between the lines is that propaganda can indeed convince masses of people to embrace the craziest things, including the deliberate injection into the human body of live and dead viruses, claiming it to promote good health.
You've got some research to do, and lots OF it.

Your anecdotals are just that.

Produce scientific proof of your "beliefs" before you keep spreading misinformation as fact.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
There are 78 million Baby Boomers, and older, still alive and kicking who survived all these diseases before those vaccines were ever invented.

Besides which we now have lifetime acquired immunity from those diseases. The vaccinated are not keeping "unvaccinated" Granny safe and alive from measles, mumps, etc, but maybe she is preventing those whose vaccines did not work from catching those diseases. Herd Immunity does not only come from vaccines.

Look up Acquired Immunity.
There are millions worldwide who never lived to the age of the Baby Boomers because they got those diseases.

People who are vaccinated have lifetime immunity also. They did not have to get sick to acquire it. Some vaccines need boosters. So what.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So you gotta go back to 1919. I don't like any of what you said I like...please don't speak for me.

I had the measles, chicken pox and slight case of mumps as a kid but I lived and doing fine.
And some who had measles, chickenpox, and mumps did not do fine.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollarstorrrrey View Post
Autism may be a subtype of MR from recent studies. 70% of Autistics have an I.Q below 70. With the exception of Asperger's which usually has an I.Q above 70 though usually lower than average.
There is no category of "MR". "Mental retardation" is just a descriptive term for intellectual disability. Such disability is no longer a requirement for an autism diagnosis, and many people with autism have only the social issues and communication difficulties associated with the diagnosis.

About two thirds of those with autism are intellectually normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies