Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 06:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And the sour grape harvest continues unabated.

Isn't it long past time to admit the problem stems from running a buffoon for POTUS and not people calling him what he is?
CHRIS MATTHEWS (Hardball, February 25, 2013) - @10:30 in clip:

"If you're watching, Madam Secretary, all three of us have brilliant ideas. All of us have great ideas. And I especially put myself in that group .

We know how to do this. We'll get you in there."

chris_matthews_to_hillary_clinton_well_get_you_in_ there

Last edited by petch751; 10-13-2016 at 07:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Today's media is much like the former PRADVA in the USSR (government media).
It's more scary than people realize.

People come here to escape dictatorships and poverty but the American people who live in a bubble don't understand how these dictators are able to gain control. You don't need a military to take over, it takes people who are struggling willing to buy into someone who promises to save them, and when the media covers for their corruption, it's very dangerous for the people.

When the media stops being the watch dog and is controlled, owned, favored by the political elite or by a party (democrat or republican), it's very dangerous for the people.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:47 PM

1,009 posts, read 709,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, I don't think you understand at all. Growing up in the NYC area I've been exposed to Trump's self-promoting BS for well over 35 years and have never thought him anything but a con-man, has nothing to do with the media or politics but everything to do with simple observation of the man.
I was brought up in NYC area too I never thought of him as a con man . I actually knew people who worked for him and always spoke well about him . He also helped NYC build the ice skating rink in Central Park when the city couldn't get it completed for 5 to 6 years , Btw he did it in one year and under budget this is my observation of Trump . Con man nope

Old 10-13-2016, 06:49 PM

The range and sophistication of tactics in the modern dictator’s playbook allow authoritarian rulers to take the initiative time and again and push their opponents back.

Modern dictators use various combinations tactics as part of their larger strategy to control the political narrative and undermine their critics. They have a strong playbook, and it is guiding their advance.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
I was brought up in NYC area too I never thought of him as a con man . I actually knew people who worked for him and always spoke well about him . He also helped NYC build the ice skating rink in Central Park when the city couldn't get it completed for 5 to 6 years , Btw he did it in one year and under budget this is my observation of Trump .
I know I'll get blow back from leftie's but I met someone down in Florida who used to live in NY and worked for Trump. He said he treats his employees well. He is voting for Trump.

ahh what could have been

Old 10-13-2016, 06:58 PM

Donald Trump is right. The system is rigged. Clinton deserves to be under indictment. She isn’t because the Obama DOJ is protecting her. And the corrupt media is shielding her by distracting the populace and preventing widespread rightful indignation.

The presidential race is being subverted by a media coup d’état.

If you are one of the increasingly fewer people who still subscribes to Time and the New York Times–you're most likely not conservative.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:00 PM

1,009 posts, read 709,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I know I'll get blow back from leftie's but I met someone down in Florida who used to live in NY and worked for Trump. He said he treats his employees well. He is voting for Trump.

ahh what could have been
Petch who cares what the left says lol , yes he is decent to his employees . That person you met is a smart man

Old 10-13-2016, 07:02 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times
Trump has outed all the corrupt organizations in the country. Those who did not know, now know.

Things will never return to ''normal'' for the GOP or Dem establishment.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Trump has outed all the corrupt organizations in the country. Those who did not know, now know.

Things will never return to ''normal'' for the GOP or Dem establishment.
Many voters, maybe most, don’t understand, possibly because teachers and professors, themselves mostly comprised of leftists, tell students that journalists are simply collectors and conveyors of facts which has been proven to be false but the liberal guardians control that conveyor.

Here's an example....

Taliban-loving father of the Orlando terrorist who murdered 49 gay night club patrons sat directly behind Hillary Clinton as she spoke in that Florida city. Did the mainstream media cover that? Kinda sorta. But when white supremacist David Duke endorsed Trump’s candidacy in February, that incident received six times the coverage that the assassin’s dad story.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:17 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times
Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies