Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 07:06 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,345,141 times

Advertisements

The only difference is people coming today have darker skin. The ghettos are and always have been the same. Just a different nationality in the area depending on the time were the n^gg#&$ of the bunch. Italians, irish, jews etc were all there at one point.

As someone that recently has had someone go through the actual immigration process, it is completely 100% stupid, expensive and a waste of time. The entire system needs an enema and made easier for the people we want to focus on bringing over.

If you don't want more immigrants then you better start having more children and giving the middle class and below some help instead of pushing for billionaires to get even more tax breaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 07:10 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,583,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
No offense im all for immigrants but its time we stop letting refugees in this country,if we gonna let immigrants come here make sure they are here to help the economy,educated and speak english.
This issue does not receive the proper attention from the politicans. It seems the arguement is that your either a bigot or for open borders neither of which captures the real issues.

Our current immigration policy is not good for the country:
  • We have lotteries for random overseas applicants - no specific stated requirements,
  • We have refugee status countries which we encourage people to come from (because we won't deport them) even if caught - i.e. Cuba, El Salvador, etc.
  • We support H1B visas for body shopping companies that are using overseas worker to replace decent american jobs
  • Illegals come here at many times until they can get in (a Cuban was interviewed in the NYT said he had tried 6 times)
    AND
  • Foreign citizens with advanced degrees have to apply and wait years - often never to be responded too.

I have a hard time seeing how any of this is good for the economy or anyone else in the USA.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:16 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I'm just going to leave this here. It's some stupid words near another damn woman. Nothing that means anything in this country.

What's written on the Statue of Liberty is not law and it's not binding, it's not something we have to do.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I agree. We should probably reconsider using a 18th century revolutionary screed in the 21st century too.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
Going off my last post in response to you, that 18th century document is actually law and is actually binding, unlike a poem on a statue that was a gift to us.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:09 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,192 times
For everything I disagree with trump on, (and it's essentially everything the man says) there is one exception and that's Muslim immigration.
Don't walk in our footsteps, my country(Sweden) could be doing so much better without this crap we have to handle right now.

Our rape statistics look like we have some kind of Harambe-warfare going on in the street and some of them act like they own the country and we, the swedes, should be leaving it to them. You can say what you want about them not being worse people than anyone else etc, but let's say rape and violent crime is oddly concentrated around certain neighborhoods, places where almost all swedes have left as islamification took hold.

People are getting pissed off for real, and Swedish hospitality is about find out its limits.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
People are getting pissed off for real, and Swedish hospitality is about find out its limits.
Good for you guys, I wish you luck and much needed change.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
For everything I disagree with trump on, (and it's essentially everything the man says) there is one exception and that's Muslim immigration.
Don't walk in our footsteps, my country(Sweden) could be doing so much better without this crap we have to handle right now.

Our rape statistics look like we have some kind of Harambe-warfare going on in the street and some of them act like they own the country and we, the swedes, should be leaving it to them. You can say what you want about them not being worse people than anyone else etc, but let's say rape and violent crime is oddly concentrated around certain neighborhoods, places where almost all swedes have left as islamification took hold.

It's horrible what's happening there and all over Europe. Unfortunately for us, if Clinton is elected, we'll have the same problems here. My only prayer is that the sexual attacks all happen to the idiots who voted her in office and their loved ones, and not anyone I care about.

Maybe it's time for all of Europe to get pissed and protest what's going on. I wish you all safety and the best of luck.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:26 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,810 times
Quote:
I'm just going to leave this here. It's some stupid words near another damn woman. Nothing that means anything in this country.

The author of this was a Zionist; lets send all of the Muslims to Israel.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:52 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
That's exactly how it should be but right now we have a policy that benefits the Democrats seeking election wins, nothing more.
^^Absolutely, and we are finding out what Criminals they are.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:17 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Basing a 21st century immigration policy on a sentimental 19th century poem is ridiculous.
... written in 1883 and not added to the Statue of Liberty pedestal until 1903, yet many seem to think it is among America's founding documents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies