Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 02:18 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,009,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
North Korea doesn't have free media, and I'm sure Putin controls a lot of the Russian media since he's a dictator thief.

We have freedom of the press in the US. It you don't like it move to one of those other countries.
So much racism in this post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 02:20 PM

52,306 posts, read 52,756,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
So much racism in this post
Are you joking??

Old 11-05-2016, 02:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
....Forget who you support or don't support. One thing that has CLEARLY been exposed in this election is the pure corruption in our major news media outlets. All Americans need to start a grass routes effort to completely boycott them. I will not even allow my television to scan over their channels ever again. They have became nothing more then a wing of the government spreading mass propaganda with a pure agenda to attempt to make us think exactly how they want and need us to think. It's completely out of control. I hope one by one their ratings fall so low they are forced out of business. We now have social media everywhere and we can obtain our news via free flowing sources. And not the state sponsored corrupt entities our news media has become.
There'll always be InfoWars and the Limbaugh Letter for you.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:40 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,914,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I didn't even know what MSM was until I started reading posts here a few weeks ago. I always thought it stood for men who have sex with men.

it's funny how people say the media is only liberal, and you are correct, without the media Donald Trump would have not even gotten he Republican nomination.

Trump has only one person to blame for the negative media about himself......Donald Trump,
Sounds like you not knowing what MSM stands for isn't the only thing you are very well informed about.
Perhaps it's the extreme cold where you live that is preventing the correct information to penetrate?

Old 11-05-2016, 03:10 PM

24,013 posts, read 15,110,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Media bias was exposed a long time ago. The only people who don't see media bias are the ones who are supporting who the media props up. In 2012, the media bias was clearly blatant, but people didn't notice because the media bias was not trashing their candidate. In 2008, the media was colossally biased but again, many didn't notice because it wasn't trashing their candidate. In 2004, 2000, 1996, 1992, etc the media was bias.

Dan Rather...it was bloggers that caused his job loss. A blog that was, at the time, right wing, called 'Little Green Footballs', is the one that brought the lies about the so called letter to the public because the media was totally biased.

(By the way, that was back when bloggers took their craft seriously. Now people throw a blog up on the internet, use click bait titles to get people to read, and they rake in money off of advertising...blogging is not what it used to be.)

Brian whatshisface...Williams and his Iraq war lies...

Seriously, the only time people wake up and see it is when it's their own being dragged through the mud by the lying media. The media in this country has been a propaganda arm for the US government for a long, long, long time. A LONG time.

No one should trust the media. It's why people like Assange are getting all kinds of attention. Assange doesn't write those emails, he simply leaks them. Wikileaks has a 10 year track record of complete truth. Not a single time in 10 years has anything they put out been false.

The people who cry about this, pretending that there is no bias, are utter morons who shouldn't even be allowed to make decisions because they are too stupid, and will undoubtedly bring problems on to other people with their idiotic choices.

It's time that the media gets a serious overhaul. We can start by not paying them millions a year. We can then go in to the schools and start teaching ethics....and while there, maybe they stop telling females to talk like they have a stick shoved up their backside while reporting. Seriously. Listen to reporters on scene, they ALL talk the same way...same nuances, same inflections...God it's annoying.
I recently read a piece about 4 or 5 guys someplace on the other side of the world blogging as if they were conservative Americans. The hits were making them rich.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:40 PM

772 posts, read 391,198 times
The American Media are all biased! I don't trust them either.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:24 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,022,497 times
I have not trusted the media since Vietnam..........

Old 11-05-2016, 06:26 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,811,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yeah--Hitler didn't trust a free press either.

I'll never trust Wikileaks again. Russian front.
Point out where they've been wrong.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:39 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,813,839 times
Why doesn't media remember that? Because it was several years ago. To quote Lady Gaga will the real Donald Trump please stand up?

So even if he was a great person in 1989, we wouldn't be voting for 1989 Trump. The Trump that you would be voting for is 2016 loud mouthed Trump.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:42 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,202,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
....Forget who you support or don't support. One thing that has CLEARLY been exposed in this election is the pure corruption in our major news media outlets. All Americans need to start a grass routes effort to completely boycott them. I will not even allow my television to scan over their channels ever again. They have became nothing more then a wing of the government spreading mass propaganda with a pure agenda to attempt to make us think exactly how they want and need us to think. It's completely out of control. I hope one by one their ratings fall so low they are forced out of business. We now have social media everywhere and we can obtain our news via free flowing sources. And not the state sponsored corrupt entities our news media has become.
I'm way ahead of this.

I get my news mostly from non-MSM sources except of two people on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies