Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2016, 05:33 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
And Hillary's also?

Comey didn't say that there was nothing prosecutable in the new batch of e-mails. He only said that nothing there changes his original opinion.

There may be totally new findings unrelated to the original e-mails and private server issue, that warrant an investigation and may be prosecutable.
Keep hope alive!

Old 11-06-2016, 05:35 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Outlook alone would be capable of easily sorting 650,000 emails in a couple of days if you have a suitable staff and a little smarts. You do relatively simple things...sort to the date range of interest. Then sort those by sender. Send the As to one machine Bs to another...etc. Then look at the senders and dump all who are not of interest. That alone problably get to a few ten thousand in less than a day.

You then merge the list with the known emails and remove all the duplicates. Then the only real work is to look at the small set left. You could also load the meta data into a data base and does this all in a couple of hours if you have it set up right.
These emails were different than the ones previously investigated. There were not duplicates from the original investigation to simply toss out. I am absolutely not convinced they really went through 650,000 emails that quickly and I bet Congress won't be either.

bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
The smell of desperation coming from the rightists after today's news is just a hint of the inanely irrational behavior they're going to engage in when the election results come in. It's sad to see. There's no way to even converse with them given how everything they're saying now is grounded in irrationality and aggressive refusal to acknowledge that the world doesn't necessarily array itself to their liking.

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
\
Comey didn't say that there was nothing prosecutable in the new batch of e-mails. He only said that nothing there changes his original opinion.
And the original findings concluded that there was nothing prosecutable.

Good Lord.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:37 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Outlook alone would be capable of easily sorting 650,000 emails in a couple of days if you have a suitable staff and a little smarts. You do relatively simple things...sort to the date range of interest. Then sort those by sender. Send the As to one machine Bs to another...etc. Then look at the senders and dump all who are not of interest. That alone problably get to a few ten thousand in less than a day.

You then merge the list with the known emails and remove all the duplicates. Then the only real work is to look at the small set left. You could also load the meta data into a data base and does this all in a couple of hours if you have it set up right.
Yes.

Hopefully, the FBI would have even more efficient software that Outlook.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:37 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I thought it was going to take months to get thru 650,000 e mails?

CN
Hopefully you did not think that Comey - who already let them off the hook once - would not get this exact outcome done before the election.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:38 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I wonder how much money buys an FBI man? Look at what's at stake. No one will convince me there isn't something fishy about the entire thing.
Comey wouldn't take money. I posted earlier, before this announcement, that three months ago I read that Obama and Lynch threatened to put him in prison for tampering with the election.

He knows how powerful they are. I wouldn't be surprised if he resigns now.

But in my fantasy world, they're going after them for the Clinton Foundation.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:38 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Hillary Weiner Pervert Clinton Lovers: Keep believing in your girl. She will keep leading you..... like lambs to the slaughter house.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:39 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally it was stated that the new e-mails discovered, 600,000 +, had no duplicates. Now it is announced that they are duplicates. C'mon folks. It can't be both.
All Comey has said is that his original opinion stands and that nothing in the new e-mails changes that. However, that's just one investigation. What else will they find and investigate in the new batch of e-mails?
For Comey to release this info on the weekend, after the letter that caused such a stir, looks suspicious. If he was under pressure to release that letter, then he may well have been under pressure to release this no-news as news. I think there's a lot going on backstage that we don't see here in their public presentation.
The 650,000 number is from an unnamed source in a WSJ article. So far as I know no one ever made a claim that none of the emails were duplicates. Funny how Comey was the best thing since sliced bread 9 days ago and now what he is saying looks "suspicious" to you

Old 11-06-2016, 05:40 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
You don't really know what your wife is going to do in the privacy of the voting booth. That was part of you guys' whole argument for Trump before.
My wife wanted to let you know she is definitely voting Trump... she didn't like your tone..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies