Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 06:28 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Just a clarification: There need not have been any keyword searching involved. The first step any professional would undertake would be to isolate which emails to apply such keyword searches to, and that would require comparing metadata and nothing else. That's far simpler. The elimination of emails with Message-IDs that have already been reviewed and the elimination of emails for which routing never passed through the Clinton server seems to have eliminated practically all, if not absolutely all, the emails. At most, it seems to have reduced the number of emails for which keyword searching would needed to have been applied to a very small number. Regardless, even if it was a significant amount of data, efficient keyword searching algorithms are readily available, and would also have taken practically no time whatsoever.

The fact that Hillary Clinton was completely cleared of all criminal suspicion in the emails matter in just 8 days shows that there were either a very small number or absolutely no matching, non-duplicate emails that were found.
And it shows that Comey could have easily allowed this process to proceed without making any announcement, realized there was nothing there, and could rest easy knowing he did nothing that would unduly influence the election--if that wasn't his end goal to begin with.

Yet, he didn't choose that route. Instead, he made an announcement based on absolutely no facts and succeeded in throwing the country into chaos. Those who claim that Comey is some kind of good guy Boy Scout who was only trying to do what's right are giving him props he doesn't deserve. The technology is there to figure out if there was anything newsworthy to report before making an announcement. The question, why didn't Comey do that?

Old 11-07-2016, 06:32 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
I haven't read this whole thread, but you know Comey was under unbearable pressure to call it off at this critical moment and declare duplicates and personal content.
It is an interesting assumption, but the reason why no one (who understands the ramification of it) suggests that is because it ratifies the contention that Comey's letter to Congress 12 days ago was the result of "unbearable pressure" to do something to help Trump's faltering chances to win the election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
I'm not saying one way or another but the point is that the issue was never legally resolved, she was not tried...
This comment reflects a generalize lack of understanding of jurisprudence. To say something "one way" (i.e., to have credibility behind a claim of criminal wrong-doing), the accusation needs to be legitimate enough to warrant investigation; that investigation must uncover sufficient evidence to establish all the parameters of the crime (means, motive, and opportunity - all three, not just one or two - keep in mind that Comey's determination is that this accusation failed due to lack of motive, i.e., no evidence of intent); that evidence must be deemed credible and compelling enough by a prosecutor; that evidence must be deemed credible and compelling enough by a grand jury; and a jury must find the accused guilty of the crime after a fair trial. If you are ever falsely accused of anything in your life, you'll greatly appreciate the fact that our system of jurisprudence places truth over the blood thirst of a rabid mob.

When an investigation is completed and a determination is made that there is not enough evidence deemed credible and compelling enough, for all intents and purposes whatsoever - including the evaluation of the credibility of comments you would make - the matter is legally resolved. So your saying that the matter isn't legally resolve runs counter to the American system of jurisprudence, marking your comments as disreputable. Whether you posted what you posted out of ignorance, denial of reality, or political propaganda - who knows? It doesn't matter. What matters is that what you posted was wrong.

Now: If you want to talk about what you like and don't like, that's another story. Your personal opinions are your own; the law is not.

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The technology is there to figure out if there was anything newsworthy to report before making an announcement. The question, why didn't Comey do that?
Hmmm?

Maybe he is an honorable law man who wanted to out the FBI as a Republican tool.

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Clinton investigated and cleared again.

The Clintons are back in the White House and good times are here again in America!

She can be as pure and innocent as an angel, and I still won't vote for her. Her stance on Immigration, Trade and the 2A are why.
It's really simple though, if an individual is happy with the current direction our country is headed then it's a no brainer to vote for HRC.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:36 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
I still want Comey's head on a pike. He sent out a letter saying they found emails that may or may not be related to Clinton. That's an outright attempt at throwing a wrench in the engine and claiming innocence.

Last edited by MetroWord; 11-07-2016 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: fixed spelling error

Old 11-07-2016, 06:36 AM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
The Clintons have ties to the Mafia, I'm sure they pulled some strings at the FBI.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
110% comey did not want the election to turn info a landslide before this crap Clinton would have got 320 to 340 electoral votes. Now she will get 292 to 294 and Trump is very liekly to win FL OH and maybe NC before Trump had no chance of winning these states. Comey should step down tomorrow if not Obama should have him arrested for breaking the Hatch Act.
Except everyone (except loony Harry Reid ) knows Comey did not violate the Hatch act as written. Now I guess if you want to twist it around like a pretzel,just like SCOTUS did to push obamacare through then there's a chance...

Old 11-07-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Everyone needs to relax about Comey. The deal is he was darned if he did, darned if he didn't. If he'd not sent the letter out, he'd be accused of withholding vital information and being partisan. He sent the letter out and is being accused of being partisan.

I truly believe he's an honorable man who used his best judgment in releasing the letter. Not everyone agrees with his decision, but when it comes to complex problems, it is entirely possible a rational human being, in receipt of the same information you have, may come to a completely different conclusion.

And you can look up my post history. Not a backer of either candidate, but I AM a backer of law enforcement and military being separated from politics. I believe Director Comey truly is.
Then you actually believe that they could go through over 650k emails in a few days? Emails that should not have been on that laptop to begin with?
While I try to give benefit of the doubt I'm really having an issue here...

Old 11-07-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I want her to stick around. I like the things she has been advocating.

Plus, she makes Republicans look like fools.

Always a good time.
But are you willing to pay for them?

Old 11-07-2016, 06:43 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Just heard a snippet on Fox, for like the millionth time this morning, trump at a rally yesterday... saying "you can't go over the emails in 8 days".. No joke?

What part of they were already going through them when comey wrote the letter doesn't trump get?

What part of they had a program with an algorithm that weeded out text that referred to clinton, etc., that allowed them to scan for ones that they wanted to examine doesn't he get?

What part of it isn't a great idea to lie so much doesn't he get?

As an aside, what part of calling people "folks" is hokey and makes him sound like a reincarnation of George Wallace doesn't he get?
Trump lying? Ever single word that comes out of his mouth is a lie or an exaggeration. He doesn't even pretend any more that his statements are factual. He doesn't care, and his supporters don't care either. They love his lies, it's all nod-nod, wink-wink cult-like adulation. What his supporters haven't thought about is that his big talk about how much he is going to support the "little guys" when he gets into office is ALSO a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies