Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 06:43 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Then you actually believe that they could go through over 650k emails in a few days? Emails that should not have been on that laptop to begin with?
While I try to give benefit of the doubt I'm really having an issue here...
Yes, it's called technology. It's been explained in this thread by people who work in the field, again and again and again. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:48 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, it's called technology. It's been explained in this thread by people who work in the field, again and again and again. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't possible.
"How are all these people in this thread posting so quickly? How could anyone type and post things that fast? My typewriter and the post office can't keep up with this!"

Old 11-07-2016, 06:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
As someone who's "worked in the field" for many years I call B.S.. Key word search is possible BUT it only catches what words are put in AND it can glitch. Miss entering a word or three and all the possible derivatives and whoooosh, search blows right on by .
Would you bet YOUR LIFE on the search they did? I wouldn't.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
As someone who's "worked in the field" for many years I call B.S.. Key word search is possible BUT it only catches what words are put in AND it can glitch. Miss entering a word or three and all the possible derivatives and whoooosh, search blows right on by .
Perhaps it's time for you to retire. Technology seems to have passed you by.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
And it shows that Comey could have easily allowed this process to proceed without making any announcement, realized there was nothing there, and could rest easy knowing he did nothing that would unduly influence the election--if that wasn't his end goal to begin with.

Yet, he didn't choose that route. Instead, he made an announcement based on absolutely no facts and succeeded in throwing the country into chaos. Those who claim that Comey is some kind of good guy Boy Scout who was only trying to do what's right are giving him props he doesn't deserve. The technology is there to figure out if there was anything newsworthy to report before making an announcement. The question, why didn't Comey do that?
Yes, he should simply have done his job and look into the mails and speak only if something was found. Making the announcement 11 days before the elections was a huge error in his part, and I am surprised he has not stepped down already.

To make matters worse, it seemed like someone from the FBI called the media on daily bases to feed them some anti Clinton information (false, or not). For example, someone told them there was 99% change the emails contained something incriminating, and FOX, and other outlets were all over it.

It is clear some people at FBI had clear intent of influencing the elections, and I think the people with that agenda played (or bullied) Comey into doing what he did, and that shows weakness on his part. Some heads need to roll no matter who wins tomorrow.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Perhaps it's time for you to retire. Technology seems to have passed you by.
Perhaps you should actually bone up on how things work, or actually WORK?

Old 11-07-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you should actually bone up on how things work, or actually WORK?
A number of people in this very thread have detailed how easy it is to create an algorithm that would eliminate duplicate emails, but you don't seem to understand any of it. If you are really in the field and can't understand search algorithms, it would seem perhaps technology has gotten ahead of you.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:09 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Except everyone (except loony Harry Reid ) knows Comey did not violate the Hatch act as written.
The Hatch Act language is clear that federal employees (with certain exceptions and the FBI is not one of the exceptions) must abstain from "any active part" in political campaigns.

The FBI has violated both the letter of the law and the intent.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:09 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Um - have you ever heard of full email headers? Has it ever occurred to you that they can be searched for the servers through which the email was relayed?

Just asking.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:16 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Is the argument that the FBI doesn't know how to use computers and software?
Did you watch Comey made a big brouhaha about the encryption for Apple iPhone regarding the San Bernadino case. Guess what? Some small company offered to help them. Apparently they didn't have a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies