Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 07:41 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,098 times

Advertisements

The fear mongering is off the charts, but a Hillary presidency will probably be about the same as a Trump presidency. She would have to begin repaying the favors to all of the people/companies/nations who have given her hundreds of millions of dollars. Trump would probably be as annoying as ever and the press would have a field day.

I held my nose and voted for Trump on the slight chance that he might actually shake up Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 07:41 PM

539 posts, read 566,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Hillary Clinton is a human trafficker ????????
Her family is involved, and funded certain things pertaining to human trafficking and child molestation.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
No sense in being afraid. We are going to either have Hillary or Trump. We accept the outcome of the election, whatever it is, and we move forward.
Thank you.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:46 PM

16,550 posts, read 8,589,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The Framers thought slavery was ok, so that is not the entire basis to which you want to argue.
Wow, some of the liberal still try to discuss/debate with that tired old tripe?
I find it amusing that some think everything about this countries founding document and framers vision can be diminished/destroyed all because of the norms of those times. Yes, slavery existed even among those who wanted to end it, but knew it wouldn't happen over night. Trying to stop it too soon could destroy the nation. Then years later that fear was born out when this country fought a bloody civil war to stop it.

Stop trying to obfuscate the topic by looking at the past with a politically correct myopic lens.

I would also add, that when the Constitution suits your beliefs, liberals do not try to undermine their own argument by saying it should be discounted because the authors of our founding document were not perfect.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:47 PM

I hope Trump doesn't have the ability to change anything, like Obama was always stopped when trying to change things for the good.

Btw, I do really like Obama. But I hate Hillary. And I hate Trump. I know there's third party, but how the heck can they win when our voting system is skewed to make sure they never win?

Old 11-07-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
The fear mongering is off the charts, but a Hillary presidency will probably be about the same as a Trump presidency. She would have to begin repaying the favors to all of the people/companies/nations who have given her hundreds of millions of dollars. Trump would probably be as annoying as ever and the press would have a field day.

I held my nose and voted for Trump on the slight chance that he might actually shake up Washington.
He will shake the tree, and go after corrupt Republicans as well.

Just his ethics reform plan alone is worthy of a vote for him.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:49 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,748,451 times
Be VERY afraid if you voted for Hillary.

This witch does NOT belong in the White House and should she, by some horrible chance, win. I am going to make sure I never hear her voice again.... permanently mute her on my TV (keep the remote next to me at all times) because I did not pick this trainwreck of a crook for my President and I don't ever want to see or hear from her again.... and I hope Donald uses some of his money to track her like a dirty dog that she is and brings her garbage to light and put her in an orange jumpsuit. She is corrupt, so if you voted for her, this will unfold before your eyes and well, as the saying goes, "You voted for her."

Old 11-07-2016, 07:49 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,929,264 times
If you think the current crop of politicians have your best interest in mind go Hillary...if you want to drain the swamp and start relatively fresh, go with Trump.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:50 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,030,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MigratingCoconut View Post
I live in Michigan, am 23, and am terrified of voting tomorrow. I feel like voting third party won't solve anything because of the voting system. I don't want a man who's a racist and sexist and doesn't know a thing about his country the president, and I don't want a Clinton who was involved in human trafficking children, and a disgrace to all females, to get that dignity and title of first female president.

But... I can't not vote, that makes everything worse. The lesser of two evils? They are both horrible.

For older people, has there ever been an election similar to this? How did you decide?

How does one decide the leader of our country when... Both options have a horrifying outcome?
Do you currently have health insurance, if so who pays for it and how much does it cost you?

Old 11-07-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigratingCoconut View Post
I hope Trump doesn't have the ability to change anything, like Obama was always stopped when trying to change things for the good.

Btw, I do really like Obama. But I hate Hillary. And I hate Trump. I know there's third party, but how the heck can they win when our voting system is skewed to make sure they never win?
Voting 3rd party this election is a total waste of your vote/time. More to the point, Johnson is a kook, and Stein is a leftist loon.
So if you can get past Trump being a vulgar/insulting person at times, he can and will ferret out corruption in DC and the media.
Frankly, no one should care what either of their personalities are like, but rather what our country needs to get done.

Trump is not my cup of tea, but I obviously voted for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies