Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 08:39 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,542,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
Excellent article! Sent it to my son who supported Bernie and voted for Hillary. He's thankfully not a snowflake and doesn't avreee with the #notmypresident thing going on. Whew!

He shared this youtube video on his Facebook page... I think it's a reasonable response from a young liberal person.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=Dzz6gx09zLM

Old 11-10-2016, 08:47 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, the Tea Party people who got permits to have rallies and then left the areas cleaner than when they arrived were just like those smashing windows, attacking cops, looting and setting fires.
The Tea Party is made up of old people the people that rioted in Oakland were young people.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:55 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
The Tea Party is made up of old people the people that rioted in Oakland were young people.
Yes...STUPID dumb people.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:58 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
I remember Republican saying that the president of the United States Obama was born in Kenya and not the United States of America.

I remember a whole lot of whining and complaining done over the internet.

I remember people on the internet calling the president of the United States of America a bum , a dope addict , a gorilla , a Orangatang and a monkey.
Okay. And can you equate the severity of that with burning private and government property, assaulting, looting, defacing, etc?

Old 11-10-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
We vented on Election Day (and we sure got results!), and sometimes had to wait in line to do it; now it's your turn to vent, if you can restrain the OWS/BLM thugs and keep it respectful and peaceful.
I really don't know what you mean about election day , because didn't hillary Clinton get the popular vote.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Yes... the gun-toting bible thumpers, right? It's funny, even with the brimming assault weaponry, I don't recall any killings, lootings, rapes, burnings, defacings, etc being reported. So far we've had about three fourths of those things reported with these beauties.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:05 PM

[quote=california-jewel;46148299]Right you are, thank GOD we are no you know what!

Why don't you idiots wait till the Man is actually in office, before coming to any stupid conclusions. Wait till he is actually President.

We all gave Obama a chance, even though we were scared of the direction he would take the Country, turn out we were right, Wrong direction, but you do not see us dancing and doing violent acts.

Acting a fool, and stopping traffic, jumping on passer by cars, screaming at motorists. They need to grow the hell up, and learn, you do not always get what you want in life. And if you believe you do, you will go no where. Because we don't get everything we want when we want

howest2008............
I heard Republican say that Obama was the worst president of the United States after he was in office for one week (now it's that funny)....

Old 11-10-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I really don't know what you mean about election day , because didn't hillary Clinton get the popular vote.
You don't really understand why our election process is set up the way it is, do you? Think of it this way: a very large portion of our population live in a very small number of urban centers. Those very small urban centers lie in a very minute portion of our geographic area. The nation was set up as smaller states joined by the larger union. The idea was that each of those states have a say in national matters. By going with a strictly popular vote, it turns out to be mob rule--a few metro centers dictating the affairs of the entire rest of the nation. That was deemed unfair by the founders. We do not want tyranny over the entire nation by NYC, LA, Chicago, and a few other population centers. Our needs and wants vary profoundly from region to region and we should ALL have a say (each region). You folks living in NYC are just as foreign to me as someone in Moscow, Russia. You have your ideals and I have mine. That used to be OKAY in this nation.

Cut to the elections: it so happens that a sufficient number of the individual states decided they'd had enough of what they've had for the last eight years. After four more years of whatever we get, we all get to reassess our positions. Until then, as I have had to do for the last eight years (actually much longer than that), you'll have to survive. Hopefully y'all won't die of tantrumitis.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
"Whining" is well within our rights as citizens. Whine away all you like. Throw a tantrum. Sometimes it's good for you.

But burning other folks' property, looting, blocking public roads, beating on people, etc, is neither within our rights nor good for anybody. And it isn't going to do a damn bit of good now. It's only going to lower the law-abiding citizenry's opinion of you folks even more. Burning down the 'hood because your candidate lost the election isn't a very smart thing to do. Protesting the very construct that put Obama in the office for the last two election cycles isn't a very smart thing to do, either. All it does is display, loud and clear, some real immaturity at best and at worst, clearly demonstrates an inability to function rationally in a republic.

Drama King Or Queen what are you talking about there were between 55 million and 60 million people that voted for Hillary Clinton and only a couple hundred were rioting in the streets.

Last edited by Howest2008; 11-10-2016 at 09:26 PM..

Old 11-10-2016, 09:18 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Oh wait...
Democrats didn't put a narcissistic sociopath in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies