Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 10:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,395,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Go read the full version. There is a difference between "Oh hey taxes suck", and "They mean to destroy all that I hold dear". And thats my point. These people have legitimate reasons to be afraid.
But they're always afraid so no rational person cares.

Afraid of words. Afraid of signs. Afraid of people. Afraid of being triggered.

Nobody in their right mind is going to sympathize with people who needed service dogs to comfort them after an election.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:17 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,402,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What is your beef with KS we are doing just fine here. You believe the lamestream media too much.
The IKE reports lay that out very clearly. Thats not "Lamestream media". Quite trying to deny reality.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
But they're always afraid so no rational person cares.

Afraid of words. Afraid of signs. Afraid of people. Afraid of being triggered.

Nobody in their right mind is going to sympathize with people who needed service dogs to comfort them after an election.
And they are VERY directly being threatened. This isn't being afraid of some imaginary fear. This is some guy saying "Hey we're going to open up the floodgates of hate, have fun!"...all the while stating they are going to do the EXACT things I laid out in the post.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:19 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,465,785 times
At this point we just need to get on with waiting to see what he and his minions are going to try to do and then play defense where needed. But whining and protesting a fair election at this stage makes one look stupid.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:30 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,740,996 times
I'm loving it. This is exactly what I dreamed will happen with Trump becomes President. These are people that are disenfranchised and depend on entitlements, they can't compete in this economy. They should be blaming Obama that gave them free stuff and now they can't let go of it.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:33 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,891,231 times
Quote:
"Hey we're going to open up the floodgates of hate, have fun!"....
All the hate is coming from the Left and the coalition of identity groups. The Left playing victim and projecting has got to be over 50 years old and well played out.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
All the hate is coming from the Left and the coalition of identity groups. The Left playing victim and projecting has got to be over 50 years old and well played out.
You really havent been paying attention to everything going on in our country have you?

Old 11-11-2016, 10:38 PM

39,258 posts, read 27,655,778 times
Quote:

Immigrants? Do I even need to explain this one? They just fled their homeland, and all of their friends because everyone was killing each other-or the terrorists won and drove them out, to arrive to….this. What the heck America? These people were being killed by our enemies.
I am assuming by immigrants, you are actually talking about refugees here.

While Trump’s proposal to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the U.S. is debatable, trying to prevent ISIS operatives from entering the U.S. (who are trying to pose as refugees) cannot be compared to Hitler’s ideas and decrees. (Not saying you are the one who is doing the comparison here)

There is not a modicum of evidence to suggest Trump would immediately call for a boycott of all Muslim businesses and bar Muslims from holding civil service, university, and state positions (like Hitler did with the Jews) if he were to be elected.

The mere existence of the “Jewish race” was what acutely troubled Hitler, while Trump has never even hinted at having a problem with those of a “Muslim race”.

Trump is plainly distressed with the large numbers of people who have entered the U.S. illegally (as was President Clinton); he has never implied that he has a problem with the mere existence of their race. If he did, one in four Hispanic registered voters would probably not support Trump.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:41 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,231,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I'm loving it. This is exactly what I dreamed will happen with Trump becomes President. These are people that are disenfranchised and depend on entitlements, they can't compete in this economy. They should be blaming Obama that gave them free stuff and now they can't let go of it.
Many of us have valid concerns, like those in the OP, who do not depend on any entitlements. We are concerned because our lives may, or may not, be turned upside down by the president elects actions.

Living in MS, if Trumps supreme court picks overturn Obergfell my families lives will change drastically. No more insurance through my wifes employer for me or our youngest. Higher taxes on our family income. Loss of all of those legal protections that come with marriage. Yeah, there are real concerns based on Trumps own statements.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:45 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,958,741 times
Illegal immigrants should be scared. They have no right to be here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies