Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 12:15 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
I don't want to start a flame war here. So please tread lightly.

All I am looking for is video evidence of Mr. Trump being 'racist'. I see so many accusing him of being racist but never have seen or heard him say anything racist. But maybe I just missed it. That is why I'm asking for someone to post video evidence of him saying racist things. That is all. I'm not looking for a debate here.

We all know racism is immature, short-sighted and wrong. I just want to know if the rioters are being truthful about their claims.
I don't think he's so much connected to racism as he is to general xenophobia and sexism.

He has a long, rich history of regarding and treating women like ****. Of that there is plenty of evidence.

And he is also scapegoating immigrants of all stripes big time, I guess probably out of political expediency. But it's not going to bring a single job back.

But in general, his policies will be geared toward running roughshod over minorities, not as direct targets but more just as collateral damage. You can be pretty sure that things like gay marriage would never have happened under a Trump presidency, and maybe he'll find ways to roll it back. And he will strongly support things like ability of businesses to systematically discriminate against LGBT people on religious grounds.

It won't be too explicit, but it will permeate in the background.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 12:22 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You can be pretty sure that things like gay marriage would never have happened under a Trump presidency, and maybe he'll find ways to roll it back.
Gay marriage is really a Supreme Court decision and, yes, another socially conservative justice will most likely vote against marriage equality given the chance. Which would return it to the state level. I do not see any federal action by congress or the executive branches likely.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:29 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You do know that his father was running the company at the time, don't you?

Also, are you aware that it was Trump who forced the exclusive clubs in Palm Beach to start allowing blacks and Jewish people to join? He started this positive change by announcing when he opened Mar-a-Lago that blacks and Jewish people were welcome to join.

Here's a link---and it comes from a liberal-approved newspaper:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...f76_story.html
No. Trump was running the companies. Everyone who's commented on this said that Trump handled more of the operations and decisions than his father. Even if the direction came from his father, Trump was the one making sure it was implemented.

The only reason he sued that town was to lift restrictions on his property. This wasn't altruism or fighting on the behalf of Jews & Blacks. He just needed a stick to hit them with, and the anti-discrimination one was what he used.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:37 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Here is Trump's record. It was in post #34 so it wasn't like you had to read through a bunch of other posts to find it?

Is Donald Trump a Racist? Here's What His Record Shows

Next in 1991:

In 1993

Later yet:

More:

Here Are 13 Examples Of Donald Trump Being Racist | The Huffington Post

Gee nana, funny how you deliberately ignored this link that I posted earlier in this thread.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...f76_story.html

Old 11-12-2016, 02:24 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
No. Trump was running the companies. Everyone who's commented on this said that Trump handled more of the operations and decisions than his father. Even if the direction came from his father, Trump was the one making sure it was implemented.

The only reason he sued that town was to lift restrictions on his property. This wasn't altruism or fighting on the behalf of Jews & Blacks. He just needed a stick to hit them with, and the anti-discrimination one was what he used.
Who know's the truth but digging a claim up as far back as from the early 1970s doesn't mean anything.

If you owned a property you should be able to rent to whoever you want. You think black or whoever else owned property and business owners don't discriminate? Hillary essentially discriminates by living in a very white and upscale neighborhood. If a group tends toward being bad tenets then that's their problem. If a black property owner had bad experiences with white tenets and their friends and associates they should be able to discriminate too.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:59 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,886 times
What? Still no videos of Trump saying any racist remarks?
We all know articles with words can contain lies. That's why I asked for video proof. The untouched video doesn't lie.

'Mexican' is not a race. 'Mexican' is a nationality.
'Muslim' is not a race. 'Muslim' is a Religion.

All these stupid protests claiming Trump is such a racist but absolutely NO video proof...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies