Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 11:36 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I've said the same exact thing.

But even with all his unpredictability and the inflammatory rhetoric he's used throughout the campaign, I'd actually rather have him in office over Pence. The unpredictability is somewhat of a silver lining, which we see with Trump walking back some of his most popular campaign proposals. On top of that, he's not a conventional Republican and could actually be categorized as something of a centrist, although of the nationalist/protectionist variety. Pence, on the other hand, is a far-right conservative with fully fleshed-out policy positions that are pretty scary in some instances.
Agreed, for all the reasons you stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 11:40 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,105,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Impeached for what??? C'mon folks.
Welcome, come on down

1. Outlandish behavior.
2. Lying under oath
3. Breaking the law

Legal affairs of Donald Trump

Old 11-14-2016, 03:09 PM

770 posts, read 603,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I've said the same exact thing.

But even with all his unpredictability and the inflammatory rhetoric he's used throughout the campaign, I'd actually rather have him in office over Pence. The unpredictability is somewhat of a silver lining, which we see with Trump walking back some of his most popular campaign proposals. On top of that, he's not a conventional Republican and could actually be categorized as something of a centrist, although of the nationalist/protectionist variety. Pence, on the other hand, is a far-right conservative with fully fleshed-out policy positions that are pretty scary in some instances.
I agree in that respect, Pence is far scarier.

I believe at the end of the day, he probably cares about 2-3 things, most likely tax cuts, direct benefits, but if he for some reason stands up to them, I could see then, when he's not working with them to get impeached on any number of the reasons you said.

His family's direct involvement already is a problematic situation, they just may not bring it up until they have to or to force him to move with their policy proposals again if he starts lashing back.

The only issue they may have though is him running in 2020 would be a serious risk, he clearly depressed the vote, but I don't know that they can think that'll happen again and that he could somehow pull it off again even as the incumbent.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:48 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,167,235 times

yes

Old 11-14-2016, 03:56 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,389,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Welcome, come on down

1. Outlandish behavior.
2. Lying under oath
3. Breaking the law

Legal affairs of Donald Trump

I think he is free to be as outlandish as he wants. Not illegal.

When was he placed under oath?

What law was broken?

Old 11-14-2016, 04:02 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,389,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmJamie View Post
Michael Moore called it for Trump being president and he also predicts Trump won't last a full term in office.

Michael Moore, Who Predicted Trump's Presidency, Also Predicts It Won't Last a Full Term (Video)
Moore and others will probably dog Trump unmercifully, endless calls for investigations and ultimately impeachment, and he might resign saying, it's not worth all this hassle.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:12 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post

yes

Is that Hillary I see with the goofy glasses cheering it on? My my, how the chickens have come home to roost....

Hey Hillary! You Got Punk'd!

Old 11-17-2016, 09:49 AM

21 posts, read 22,080 times
Wow, the leftist don't give up, and still can't stomach reality of Mr. Trump's win.

I can share with you who might be indicted for breaking at least 5 Federal Statutes as I read and understand them, and that's Ms. Clinton.

By the way, Mr. Trump has not yet been sworn into office, and is not personally under FBI investigation, nor has he *yet* to have committed "high crimes and misdemeanors".

Get real on the impeachment *stuff*. Let's hope the best for any US President.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:04 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Be careful what you wish for. A Trump impeachment puts Pence in the White House. He is far right of Trump, and has his own agenda.
That's what I thought about too but then maybe they could impeach Pence if he does something wrong as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
They should have never done Bernie the way they did him. We could have had him as president instead.
It is so sad to think. I didn't have a problem with Hilary (anyone's better than Trump) but I might have voted for Bernie if people educated me more about him and I knew that he had a chance to win the election. That was the main problem. When I listen to Bernie he sounds like someone I could vibe with but he never stood a chance in the election so what's the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
It's not about that, does anyone really believe the Reps are happy, Ryan and McConnell didn't exactly look happy or thrilled last week in the meeting. It's about the fact that neither of the parties can stand him. It would seem unlikely that the Republicans, who are still finding themselves as a party, as are the Dems would want him to be the face of the party going into 2020 and what he does to the party on the table, particularly when a more formidable candidate will be on the table.

If you notice, incumbents won for essentially all of Congress, so neither Reps or Dems came out in force for this election.

Of course the Republicans are playing nice now, if they continued with their anti-Trump sentiment it wouldn't sit well with him and his supporters and they can let the Dems do that.

No one really vouched for Trump. Pretty much every Republican candidate was against him. However, I'm not sure that matters because since he has now won, they have to stand by him because he is in their party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I've been predicting for months that Donald Trump will quit within his first year, leaving the job to Pence. He's already sent signals that he will do this (trying to get out of living in the White House, stating that Pence will be in charge of foreign and domestic policy, etc.). Right now, he's working on loading up his cabinet with stooges (so much for "draining the swamp") so he will have influence without having to do the work. Trump's goal all along was to prove he could win. It was never to govern. And we're all going to see that come January.
I foresee him quitting more likely than him being impeached. I don't think he could handle the job but that's still scary because of Pence.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:06 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Donald Trump will be just fine! ...Give the man a chance to be your President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: