Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 05:13 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

Bring them all back home!!!

Suicide Attack Kills at Least 4 Americans at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan - NBC News

Quote:
A man wearing a suicide vest killed two U.S. service members and two U.S. contractors inside the largest NATO military base in Afghanistan early Saturday, the Pentagon said.

Another 16 U.S. service members and one Polish soldier were injured in the blast at Bagram Airfield, Defense Secretary Ash Carter confirmed in a statement.

"Force protection is always a top priority for us in Afghanistan, and we will investigate this tragedy to determine any steps we can take to improve it," Carter said. "For those who carried out this attack, my message is simple. We will not be deterred in our mission to protect our homeland and help Afghanistan secure its own future."

Image: Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers keep watch outside the Bagram Airfield entrance gate, after an explosion at the NATO air base, north of Kabul

The attack occurred around 5:30 a.m. local time as people were gathering for a post-Veterans Day fun run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 05:22 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,866 times
No point in chasing around some well armed bearded goat herders who grow opium for a living. The only reason there are so many military out post is that the sales of war supplies and arms is a lucrative business...for a cold hearted elite. America does not win wars...it uses them to ensure that the military INDUSTIRAL complex thrives...at the expense of common people.

Last year I sat on the steps of a great monument in Washington. I man crouched down and we talked. He said he was the youngest person to serve in Viet Nam...A general wanted to make him a poster boy. This vet told me he asked the general "what was Viet Nam all about?" The general told him the truth...He said it was about weapons testing and was business as usual.

After looking at the Viet Nam memorial wall....I was disgusted...The cold hearted savage elite murdered all these young people for profit and adventure...horrific.

Old 11-13-2016, 05:45 PM

23,992 posts, read 15,091,790 times
But, but, but. We have to fight them over there so we don't have to fight them here.

Sound familiar?

Old 11-13-2016, 06:54 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
WHY...
Do we still have troops in Afghanistan?
Are we sending more troops to Iraq?
Are we involved in Syria's civil war?
Do we still have any troops anywhere in the Middle East?

I thought obama was going to bring our troops home 7 or 8 years ago. Why didn't he do it?
After all, HE HAS A PEN AND A PHONE!

Old 11-13-2016, 07:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
WHY...
Do we still have troops in Afghanistan?
Are we sending more troops to Iraq?
Are we involved in Syria's civil war?
Do we still have any troops anywhere in the Middle East?

I thought obama was going to bring our troops home 7 or 8 years ago. Why didn't he do it?
After all, HE HAS A PEN AND A PHONE!
It doesn't matter if it is a D or an R in the White House, corporations want to get their fair share of Federal dollars from monies allocated for defense.

And it's never been about defense, it's always been about defense contractors. Afghanistan is the perfect situation, a war halfway around the world with no chance of either ending or having a favorable outcome.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:06 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,711,567 times
We didn't learn in Vietnam and not again in Iraq.

Time to bring them home and stop this BS.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:14 PM

My sister was a real estate person...a high roller for a while. She knew this man who employed her as a kid. The guy eventually turned into an arms dealer. He built a fabulous house with an indoor pool...had a Rolls Royce in the drive way....I visited him on a few occasion cos my sister was staying there. I looked around and said to him....this place was built on blood money.

He answered saying...I saved lives- I armed BOTH sides referring to the Iran Iraq war...in other words he doubled the kill.

This jerk was allowed to operate with impunity in Canada...when he was running low some guy in Saudi Arabia would send him a big welfare check. What I learned from this is that war is business. Finally this character started to look like a decrepit Howard Hues. His hair had grown long...fingernails uncut...and his perch looked like a dogs bed.\

Even his daily whiskey bottle was gathering dust. He died in his bed while his kids smoked crack down stairs...both of his sons perished....His life ended horribly.

The point of this anecdotal story is to show....these parasites all get theirs in the end....there is cosmic justice...it just takes a long time.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
But, but, but. We have to fight them over there so we don't have to fight them here.

Sound familiar?
Some goat herder with a beard and gun does not even know where America is on a map. Follow the money...which they never did...they ran off on a wild goose chase to Iraq and Afghanistan. When everyone knew that the Saudis had financed 9 11.

That is what I found perturbing about the killing of Osama Bin Laden. America was sending tons of money to Pakistan in the form of military aid....and there low and behold...Osama was staying in a compound around the corner of a large military base....Intelligence always knew where he was.

Then Clinton and Obama figure out they will pick some low hanging fruit to boost their ratings...So they killed Bin Laden...he was in political storage for years till the right time to use his death for political gain.

What a bunch of crap....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies