Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 04:24 AM

409 posts, read 258,779 times

Advertisements

The poor are all you've got left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 04:25 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
If you want to stop catering to Obamaphone lady and push an elitist Democrat platform I encourage the effort.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:28 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Democrats voters- mostly poor communist and non-white and foreign identity voters, sprinkled on top with liberal and globalsit elites.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If you want to stop catering to Obamaphone lady and push an elitist Democrat platform I encourage the effort.
Democrats should cater to muslims moar .

Old 11-17-2016, 04:39 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,950,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Are you saying they're only poor people and rich people? Whatever happened to most of the people who are somewhere in between?
They're split sorta, but middle class Dems typically vote that way because of the perceived idea the Dems help the poor. It's the Republicans that are always painted as wealthy trying to give themselves tax cuts.
Now you're wanting to leave the poor on the table so Republicans can get another free grab for a voter base? You do realize that includes inner cities right? This is the worst political strategy ever.

I do agree it's kinda messed up that having kids when your poor is so much easier than for everybody else. Having a lot of kids and not being married but living with baby daddy is actually rewarded under our current system, but makes it prohibitive to move into the next class. Trying to strike it out in the middle class, having kids is far too expensive. I know really educated and smart people who only have one or no kids because of the expense. As a result they're going to be outbred in a few generations.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:52 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Not true. I see you have a problem with the religious. Jews vote overwhelmingly Democrat. Catholics go either way. Muslims tend to be poor and vote overwhelmingly Democrat. Hispanics tend toward being more poor and Catholic and vote overwhelmingly Democrat. Blacks many poor and religious and vote off the charts Democrat.
All these groups make up a small portion of the electorate. White evangelicals vote Republican.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:57 AM

Quote:
All these groups make up a small portion of the electorate. White evangelicals vote Republican.
They make up over half of the Democrat voter base and increasing with mass immigration. Whites period vote Republican just not at the crazy percentage non-whites vote Democrat.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:03 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
I say the reason we keep losing is because we keep catering to the very poor who have a much higher fertility rate than everyone else. We all know they tend to vote Republican anyway. By catering to the poor, we are driving away vast blocks of the electorate by appearing to foster a culture of dependency.

Can other progressives explain to me why we keep catering to the very poor when they are usually religious, have a gazillion children they can't afford, and tend to vote Republican anyway?

Didn't the election result proof enough that those who use Obamacare cannot be counted on as a voting block? I say screw them. Repeal Obamacare and start focusing on segments of the population that we can actually count on.
If you are a Democrat, and presuming to speak for such, no wonder so many people on here think we are elitist jerks.

This is a very offensive post, and I am embarrassed to be associated with you by party.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:26 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
If you are a Democrat, and presuming to speak for such, no wonder so many people on here think we are elitist jerks.

This is a very offensive post, and I am embarrassed to be associated with you by party.
They don't get it and more importantly they don't get that this is one of the primary reasons Hillary lost.

Pleas stop trying to point this out, Thanks.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:46 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

And another reason we lost is because people are fed up with being politically correct over accepting the truth.

Take, for example, 73% of black kids are born out of wedlock. Every time I bring this up other liberals try to shut me down because it offends people. But it's a fact that 73% of black kids are born out of wedlock.

Here's another fact. More than a third of kids born in the US are paid for by Medicaid.

Poor people are not a dependable voting block. While we try to be all politically correct and suck up to them, we are actually driving away other potential voters for progressive ideas.

Repeal Obamacare so we can remove a distraction. Cut back on Medicaid so we can remove another distraction. Put a limit on the number kids for subsidy (if you can't afford it) to 1.

Look at it this way. Between myself and my domestic partner, we make almost $200k/year. And yet, we have to go through rigorous background checks and pay tens of thousands of dollars to adopt while poor women pop out kids with multiple baby daddies nonstop and have the state pay for everything.

Poor people are overwhelmingly religious as a population. Let god take care of them. We need to focus on progressing society instead of keep working on this lost cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies