Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US restrict immigration?
Yes, we can't let in everyone who wants to come here. 133 95.68%
No, everyone who wants to come here should be welcome. 6 4.32%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 05:43 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times

Advertisements

Yet another absurd right wing poll.

The US restricts immigration has for a century or more.

No one is in favor of unrestricted immigration except perhaps some lunatic fringe libertarians.

The issues deal with things like the rules and H1Bs and quotas etc. I personally would like to see tighter restrictions on H1Bs and modifications so they become free agents after a short period. I would also llike to see regulations making outsourcing of jobs difficult.

The illegal immigration issue is that we allowed to many to get in and established and have neither the resources or the will to throw them out. And if we actually put up the needed 10 of billions of dollars each year it is not certain we could actually do it. It is likely that attempting such a program will turn out to be political suicide to those in support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 05:46 PM

979 posts, read 490,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
How do you think we have 320 million people now to begin with? We've added over 60 million people just from immigration since the late 1960s, and many are non-interchangeable and non-compatible and Democrat voters. The rate was increase in 1990. We will have 400 million before you know what happened.

Leftist are devious.

I want less population growth and I want America's demographics to start returning toward the historic demographics. It's Americans' country, heritage and birthright and always will be.
People don't live forever, just because 60 million have immigrated to the US since the late 60s, doesn't mean they are all still here or still alive.

I am not sure what you mean by "historic demographics." Is this something you care to explain? As of right now, first generation immigrants make up a small percentage of the American population.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:47 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Yet another absurd right wing poll.

The US restricts immigration has for a century or more.

No one is in favor of unrestricted immigration except perhaps some lunatic fringe libertarians.

The issues deal with things like the rules and H1Bs and quotas etc. I personally would like to see tighter restrictions on H1Bs and modifications so they become free agents after a short period. I would also llike to see regulations making outsourcing of jobs difficult.

The illegal immigration issue is that we allowed to many to get in and established and have neither the resources or the will to throw them out. And if we actually put up the needed 10 of billions of dollars each year it is not certain we could actually do it. It is likely that attempting such a program will turn out to be political suicide to those in support.

In fact, the USA has restricted immigration since 1790.

At first only white men could be citizens. Perhaps that's what the tRump lovers mean when they say MAGA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...migration_laws

It's too bad we can't use conservative ignorance as an energy source. It's apparently unlimited, renewable, and self-perpetuating.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:48 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,604 times
Quote:
I want America's demographics to start returning toward the historic demographics.
You mean you want to give the country back to the Indians?

Old 11-17-2016, 05:49 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
People don't live forever, just because 60 million have immigrated to the US since the late 60s, doesn't mean they are all still here or still alive.

I am not sure what you mean by "historic demographics." Is this something you care to explain? As of right now, first generation immigrants make up a small percentage of the American population.
LOL the population was increased by 60 million more today than would've been and made younger and higher breeding. It's a lost cause having a discussion with liberals. Watch this brief, informative video on immigration and population growth:

https://youtu.be/muw22wTePqQ

PS: Can a mod or anyone tell me why my embedding doesn't work?

Old 11-17-2016, 05:50 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Not only restrict, but stop except in limited circumsrances.

Not only that, but send back everyone who's grandparents weren't born here.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:53 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,654,092 times
All immigrants must pass basic English exam and have IQ 100+.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:54 PM

979 posts, read 490,995 times
Quote:
LOL the population was increased by 60 million more today than would've been and made younger and higher breeding. It's a lost cause having a discussion with liberals. Watch this brief, informative video:

https://youtu.be/muw22wTePqQ

PS: Can a mod or anyone tell me why my embedding doesn't work?
60 million people didn't just immigrate to the US this year or in recent years. I guess I just don't understand what it is that is bothering you so much....I would like to understand what it is you are talking about.

You mentioned "historic demographics," did you wish to explain this because I don't know what historic demographics you are referring to? Also, would you want to end international travel to the US to make sure the US became an isolated country with zero immigration? Maybe you can help me understand what it is you want to see happen in the US in regards to immigration and those that have legally immigrated here in years past?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Not only restrict, but stop except in limited circumsrances.

Not only that, but send back everyone who's grandparents weren't born here.
Oh good, I made the cut off, my great grandparents were immigrants....but then again, I wouldn't mind the idea of going back to Sweden if I got to bring my family with me....but then again, I do love the northwest and plan on spending my life here, so I am not sure I could ever move away.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:55 PM

251 posts, read 168,973 times
As a native born in California.

I feel they are treated better than I am by the government.

Ive owned a large manufacturing facilitiy, worked in the film industry
and all the government has done for me is tax tax tax, regulate , regulate, regulate,

They fund, fund, fund illegals, and hb1 workers in a heart beat.

Its My Turn Now.

Go Home , You can do the same thing there as you can here,
And you'll be helping Americans in the process.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:56 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
You mean you want to give the country back to the Indians?
No way, we worked too hard to steal it from them at gunpoint. Just give em some worthless land in the desert.

Oh, wait...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies