Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2017, 04:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So Donny has settled yet another lawsuit aimed at him and his corrupt and racist practices. After just settling the Trump U case he has now settled another big one.

He sued two celebrity chefs a few years ago when they refused to honor their agreement to put and manage restaraunts in his new D.C. hotel. Reason being neither was comfortable being in business with Donny after his steady stream of anti immigrant and Mexican comments.

So Donny huffed and puffed and sued them and vowed to pursue them in the courts and when he was asked about settling he declared - I will never settle!

Well he has now settled both cases and is back to ruining our Country.

Making America Settle Again!
OP, this thread has a special interest to me.

When Trump said that someone in NY was unjustifyibly threatening to sue me. I knew they were after money. I had to decide if it was worth paying an attorney or just pay to get them out of my hair. While debating what to do I was watching Trump who said he doesn't settle because it makes you a target and I knew he was right, I was in the same position. It was then I decided to fight them. I hired an attorney, fought and won. They actually even said to my attorney they thought I'd just pay.

So seriously OP, I wouldn't spout unless you've experienced this type of thing. He was right. What do you expect him to say... hey sue me, I'm an easy target?

Last edited by petch751; 04-11-2017 at 04:21 PM..

Old 04-11-2017, 04:16 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
So today we have the POTUS lying about the results of his missile attack. Then the WH forgets history and puts out that Hitler did not use chemical weapons in WWII.

No one knows if any lasting damage was done to that airbase.

We do know that Hitler used chemical weapons on his own population as well as people from all over Europe. Jews, Protestants, Catholics, and any other person who stood up to the little corporal.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Of course, now the suits make headlines, so he has incentive to pay them off. Those Trump U victims were morons to settle for so little.

Trump, like many bullies, often backs out or peters out. For instance, although he has filed over 700 lawsuits, he's also constantly threatening to sue, which I guess is mostly bluster.
I'm not defending either Trump or the people taking the class but I think these classes were similar to Robert Kiyosaki classes (who both Kiyosaki and Trump wrote a book together). I've read a lot of Kiyosaki's books and put a lot of what he said into action and benefited a lot from what I learned.

I considered his classes but opted not to take them but when looking into it, I understood it wasn't hand holding schooling. You were given assignments. I wonder if people paid for his classes and thought that because they were classes offered by Trump then the magic would rub off on them without effort of their own. I also wonder if they didn't have the opportunities available to them that were required to pull it off. You know, when I was into black and white photography I wanted to be the next Ansel Adams but realized where I lived it was never going to happen.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:27 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
So today we have the POTUS lying about the results of his missile attack. Then the WH forgets history and puts out that Hitler did not use chemical weapons in WWII.
Hitler did not use chemical weapons on the battlefield.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:28 PM

448 posts, read 366,093 times
boss are you bald yet? If not just get it over and light your liberal hair on fire. LMAO

Old 04-11-2017, 04:29 PM

Ok yes, I looked it up before you posted the links.

In the Friday statement, Mr. Andrés said he was “excited” about the prospect of working with the Trump Organization on programs to benefit the community. “I am pleased that we were able to resolve our differences and move forward cooperatively, as friends,” he said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/10/u...chef.html?_r=0

Old 04-11-2017, 04:30 PM

“we are pleased we were able to amicably resolve our differences and wish Geoffrey continued success," Donald Trump Jr., who now runs the family’s business empire, said in a statement, according to the report. The details of neither of the settlements have been disclosed.

Trump’s eldest sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, have reportedly taken over management of the family's business empire

Old 04-11-2017, 04:35 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,519,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
He will probably file bankruptcy again.
Haha. He's going for a record, something else he can brag about.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:40 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Per numerous sources: The parties did not disclose the terms of the settlement

Ergo, I'd assume they both agreed to just drop their suits.
That's something nobody wants to see.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:44 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trump settles more often than not. The guy really isn't a successful businessman. If he wasn't born into the dough, he'd be running a used car lot.
He'd be selling on that lot, not running it. Probably living in a trailer court.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies