Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2017, 08:32 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Iran of course.

If Trump goes into Syria, I will disown him. It would have been just as well to put in the mummified Clinton.

Might wanna review some of the suspects:

Turkey arrests 12 in raids on 'terrorist' organization | Reuters
Earlier, several Turkish newspapers had reported that 12 people from Syria's al Qaeda-linked al-Nusra Front who allegedly had been planning an attack inside Turkey and were in possession of 2 kg (4.5 pounds) of sarin, had been detained in Adana.

Back in 2013. Who has this crap? Its not just Syria. They are running the same scam again.
He just went in. I guess it is time to disown him. Sad!

Old 04-06-2017, 09:24 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Here you go, stay out of Syria. Oh wait my poll numbers are down so lets drop some bomb's.
How cute. You love resurrecting this thread you've created. The pinnacle of your life's achievements.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:09 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Haha. Fact check by posting opinion article from the Mexican Owned Blog Known as the New York Times?

Trump is damned if he does and he damned if he doesn't with some people.

Now they cry because he actually wants to do something about Syria and ignore that the whole mess was caused by Obama failing to keep his promise about the "Red Line".
Every president inherits some mess by the previous president. Obama inherited the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Trump didn't inherit anything about Syria from Obama. This is all on him from what happens now going forward

Old 04-06-2017, 11:47 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Every president inherits some mess by the previous president. Obama inherited the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Trump didn't inherit anything about Syria from Obama. This is all on him from what happens now going forward
Also, Rex Tillerson never worked for Obama. He made a clueless statement last week that could have prompted the latest attack. Of course I'm not blaming the situation in Syria on Trump. However, he should just lead and stop blaming the previous administration.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Haha. Fact check by posting opinion article from the Mexican Owned Blog Known as the New York Times?

Trump is damned if he does and he damned if he doesn't with some people.

Now they cry because he actually wants to do something about Syria and ignore that the whole mess was caused by Obama failing to keep his promise about the "Red Line".
Totally false narrative spread by the right-wing. I guess they assume most people have short attention spans.

[URL="http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/01/world/middleeast/syria.html"]Obama Seeks Approval by Congress for Strike in Syria[/URL]

I’m prepared to give that order,” Mr. Obama said in a hurriedly organized appearance in the Rose Garden as American destroyers armed with Tomahawk missiles waited in the Mediterranean Sea. “But having made my decision as commander in chief based on what I am convinced is our national security interests, I’m also mindful that I’m the president of the world’s oldest constitutional democracy.”

The majority of Republicans voted "NO"

Whether someone agrees or disagrees that Trump should have ordered the strike, he did not get the approval of Congress (from what I've read)

Old 04-06-2017, 11:58 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
In a statement condemning Tuesday’s chemical attack in Syria, President Trump faulted the administration of former President Barack Obama for not intervening more aggressively in that country’s civil war — contradicting his own, earlier advice.
“Today’s chemical attack in Syria against innocent people, including women and children, is reprehensible and cannot be ignored by the civilized world,” Mr. Trump said in the statement released by the White House. “These heinous actions by the Bashar al-Assad regime are a consequence of the past administration’s weakness and irresolution.”[MOD Cut/copyright]
Fact Check: Trump, Faulting Obama on Syria, Contradicts Himself

He is the biggest POS-HYPOCRITE in history! I am no fan of Obama or Clinton, but man I hope his plane crashes on his next trip!
Trump didn't criticize Obama for not going after Assad.

He criticized Obama for drawing a "red line" and then doing nothing when Assad violated that red line.

That showed weakness and made other countries think that they could get away with anything.

Trump has made it clear that he isn't into drawing red lines. He is simply going to act when he thinks it is appropriate. And he is going to do it without warning.

That's the way it should be.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Trump criticized Obama for drawing a red line and then not acting on it.

He didn't just criticize Obama for not going after Assad.

So your analysis is wrong.
Baloney. I listed all of his tweets in another post. Trump clearly said not to go into Syria.

[url]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/346063000056254464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=htt ps%3A%2F%2Fwearechange.org%2Ftrumps-syria-tweets-consistently-anti-intervention-since-2013-happened%2F[/url]

He also said that Obama needed to get approval from Congress. So he's not only a hypocrite, he's a liar.

[url]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/373146637184401408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=htt ps%3A%2F%2Fwearechange.org%2Ftrumps-syria-tweets-consistently-anti-intervention-since-2013-happened%2F[/url]

President Obama DID NOT draw a red line and then change his mind. He went to Congress and the Republicans voted against him. He had the missiles ready to launch.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:06 AM

Quote:
He is the biggest POS-HYPOCRITE in history! I am no fan of Obama or Clinton, but man I hope his plane crashes on his next trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It's just callous, uncaring, insensitive, ridiculous to blame a previous USA administration for this tragedy and yet offer up no real solution, no real help.

I don't know if it was because the USA should have done more or whatever but assigning blame instead of offering up a solution or just prayers was unnecessary, self serving, cruel, tasteless, immature, ridiculous....
Quote:
Well dear you did just describe the lunatic NARCISSIST POTUS!
What hysteria on the part of the anti-Trumps.

And they wonder why they can't win elections.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Trump didn't criticize Obama for not going after Assad.

He criticized Obama for drawing a "red line" and then doing nothing when Assad violated that red line.

That showed weakness and made other countries think that they could get away with anything.

Trump has made it clear that he isn't into drawing red lines. He is simply going to act when he thinks it is appropriate. And he is going to do it without warning.

That's the way it should be.
So you think he's a dictator and shouldn't get Congressional approval and do whatever and whenever he wants when he thinks it is appropriate?

Old 04-07-2017, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Can I just remind all of you stuck on facts -- Trump hasn't done anything yet.

He so much as said that in his press conference...he has changed his thinking...
"My attitude to Syria and Assad has changed very much. You are now talking about a whole different level. What happened yesterday is unacceptable to md."

Plus -- if you back -- he did make 12 Tweets saying Obama shouldn't do ANYTHING at all back in the day.

You can try and spin that -- but doesn't matter where who reproduces those 12 tweets -- they are 12 actual tweets he put out...those are his words above.

Go back to your little world and pretend he's being so awesome.
I guess you've never changed your mind about anything.

Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies