Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 09:59 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times

Advertisements

It's all about Nutty Don all the time. The Boy Scouts in the crowd were laughing and just having a good time. They were on reality TV.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:09 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Seems the Boy Scouts put out a statement that they don't endorse political candidates or parties.

So why did they invite Trump? Surely they knew he would attack Obama, carry on about “fake media” and bad mouth Clinton for one thing or another.

The rambling story about the builder going bankrupt who “ was now much older. And I saw him at a cocktail party, and it was very sad because the hottest people in New York were at this party, ...” was probably unexpected, but the rest is SOP.

Boy Scouts of America distances itself from partisan politics after Trump speech - POLITICO
Yeah that speech reflects terribly on the scouts. Disappointing.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:46 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
I am curious as to who in the Boy Scouts of America thought that having Trump address them was a good idea in any way, shape or form. He certainly doesn't represent anything that the association stands for.

On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

A Scout is:

Trustworthy,
Loyal,
Helpful,
Friendly,
Courteous,
Kind,
Obedient,
Cheerful,
Thrifty,
Brave,
Clean,
and Reverent.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:57 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I am curious as to who in the Boy Scouts of America thought that having Trump address them was a good idea in any way, shape or form. He certainly doesn't represent anything that the association stands for.

On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

A Scout is:

Trustworthy,
Loyal,
Helpful,
Friendly,
Courteous,
Kind,
Obedient,
Cheerful,
Thrifty,
Brave,
Clean,
and Reverent.
The Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts have been under attack from the Left for years. This was a good move to have the inocence of oour youth demstrat basic Citzenship. The Left could learn from the Basic qualities the Scouts bring to the table.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:01 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts have been under attack from the Left for years. This was a good move to have the inocence of oour youth demstrat basic Citzenship. The Left could learn from the Basic qualities the Scouts bring to the table.
Political affiliation has nothing to do with one's ability to be a scout, or enjoy the outdoors.

What nonsense is this?

Old 07-25-2017, 03:43 PM

937 posts, read 700,301 times
More typical nonsense from sun baked brains in Arizona. I love how Republicans turn everything into a political agenda that somehow supports their narrow mindedness.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:01 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Political affiliation has nothing to do with one's ability to be a scout, or enjoy the outdoors.

What nonsense is this?
Exactly.

Partisan politics has no business in Scouting.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:21 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
GTFO with that nonsense, BSA is about kids learning, collaborating, enjoying the outdoors and if anything to get them away from things that are divisive, and pushed towards things that bring you together. The 12 years I was a Scout, not once did political affiliation come into play.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:24 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
So we are now back to one of the biggest lies of the POTUS. Healthcare which will be cheaper and better then the ACA.

Tonight the GOP controlled Senate and the VP have created large amount of uncertainty for the Individual market.

So all those who voted for POTUS are about to get their wish. Going back in time to another day when the healthcare you purchased gave you nothing in return unless you were dying.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:37 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump turned a speech at the Boy Scout Jamboree into a rant about the Washington Post and how he would fire Price if ACA repeals fails, proceeded to badmouth Obama, led a cheer for himself, ...

Trump to Boy Scouts: Tom Price Is

Seems a far cry from "to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."
Just more appalling behavior and such embarrassment from this freaking fool... he doesn't have a clue what an ass____ he is being, as if this is what any person would do. So, is his family actually proud of what he does? Just because he was horribly raised, is totally unaware and accidentally got into this position, everyone else has to cope with this. For how long?

Last edited by In2itive_1; 10-31-2017 at 05:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies