Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 08:41 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Politico has short article that Trump is rumbling he won't sign the spending bill...
Nothing about DACA and little money for his wall (but plenty for those in Middle East)...

Likely he will sign it---but with Congress scattered, it would certainly be major event
Frankly would love it if he did refuse to sign it--thumb in the eye to Ryan and McConnell

Trump has been all about getting back to his "true" self--meaning doing what I want when I want it
But likely he got enough news/attention by hiring Bolton
Maybe if Rosenstein's news conference is about Guccifer2.0 then he will need to choke it out and will refuse to sign the spending bill--
That is about the ony thing except shooting a missle that could capture news focus...
If he felt threatened about something coming from Mueller...
I'd be all in favor of this, too - Trump could just resign, head down to Mar-a-Lago, eat McDonald's and two scoops of ice cream on top of chocolate cake and tweet and golf to his little black heart's content for the rest of his days. I'd cheer him on, in fact.

Melania could retreat to Trump Tower, with that handsome security guard conveniently next door at Tiffany's.

Barron? Poor kid...maybe sister Tiffany could take him under her wing. Meanwhile, Ivanka's kids may wind up with Grandma Ivanna...

Old 03-23-2018, 08:42 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
POTUS again has lied in today's tweets. New day same POTUS. All to deflect from his Russia problem.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:38 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Politico has short article that Trump is rumbling he won't sign the spending bill...
Nothing about DACA and little money for his wall (but plenty for those in Middle East)...

Likely he will sign it---but with Congress scattered, it would certainly be major event
Frankly would love it if he did refuse to sign it--thumb in the eye to Ryan and McConnell

Trump has been all about getting back to his "true" self--meaning doing what I want when I want it
But likely he got enough news/attention by hiring Bolton
Maybe if Rosenstein's news conference is about Guccifer2.0 then he will need to choke it out and will refuse to sign the spending bill--
That is about the ony thing except shooting a missle that could capture news focus...
If he felt threatened about something coming from Mueller...
You may be on to something here.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:39 AM

According to Politico, Miller and conservative lawmakers have been trying to convince Trump to veto because this could be their last shot to fund Trump's wall if Democrats take over the House in November.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:30 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I'd be all in favor of this, too - Trump could just resign, head down to Mar-a-Lago, eat McDonald's and two scoops of ice cream on top of chocolate cake and tweet and golf to his little black heart's content for the rest of his days. I'd cheer him on, in fact.

Melania could retreat to Trump Tower, with that handsome security guard conveniently next door at Tiffany's.

Barron? Poor kid...maybe sister Tiffany could take him under her wing. Meanwhile, Ivanka's kids may wind up with Grandma Ivanna...

I've been telling my sister for months that I thought that Ivanna was going to be getting Ivanka's kids soon.

Old 03-24-2018, 03:19 AM

https://twitter.com/votevets/status/977238994093133825

Old 03-24-2018, 04:05 AM

"diGenova's role was to engage with the media and actively defend the President."

However, there are still several issues to be resolved before he is hired on.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/polit...eam/index.html

One is that reportedly Trump is still not convinced they are the right for the team.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...oin-legal-team

He's a Fox pundit who promotes nutty conspiracy theories and appears skeevy as all get out, but he's willing to take the job. What more does Trump want?

Old 03-24-2018, 07:01 AM

This has been quite the week.

Trump toyed around about signing the budget bill. Signed, but said this is the last time. Then launched another attack against transgendered people in the military. This does not appear to be pacifying his goblin army.

Tillerson and McMasters were fired.

Dowd left. Unclear whether DiGenova or his wife will remain.

Trump's daughter has a man-pedi with the governor of Iowa.

Trump's son-in-law is accused of passing classified intel to the Saudis.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:58 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This has been quite the week.

Trump toyed around about signing the budget bill. Signed, but said this is the last time. Then launched another attack against transgendered people in the military. This does not appear to be pacifying his goblin army.

Tillerson and McMasters were fired.

Dowd left. Unclear whether DiGenova or his wife will remain.

Trump's daughter has a man-pedi with the governor of Iowa.

Trump's son-in-law is accused of passing classified intel to the Saudis.
That might explain this:

Quote:
President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner returned home Saturday from an unannounced visit to Saudi Arabia — his third trip to the country this year.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...-arabia-244291

Old 03-24-2018, 01:10 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Oh, dear.

Looks like U.S. steel pipe and pork might be hit first with tariffs followed by soybeans, cars and cotton.

Good times.
An Arkansas cousin tells me that the soybean tariff is likely to also lead to the closing of local processing plants and resulting job losses.

Lots of unforeseen consequences to these ill-considered tariffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies