Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2016, 02:36 PM

1,767 posts, read 1,743,305 times

Advertisements

Trump is showing his un-prowess with some of these picks of who he is surrounding himself with. This Jefff Sessions is a complete idiot that quite honestly is too old to be making any further important decisions. Based on his current comments I would say he is out of touch with the current attitude of the citizens. Go back to the backwoods in which you came from.

In management your only as good as those that you hire and if you hire buffoons then you cannot complain with subpar results. Trump has one chance to redeem himself and actually have a decent legacy but so far he seems very weak in his administration.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:45 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Michael Rogers rumored for National Intelligence Director. Rogers is the current director of NSA, a cyberwar expert. He is also the guy who fingered the Russkies as behind the wiki hacks. Puppeteer Putin will be none too happy, I fear. If it comes to pass, then Trump has finally made a good pick.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:45 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post
Trump is showing his un-prowess with some of these picks of who he is surrounding himself with. This Jefff Sessions is a complete idiot that quite honestly is too old to be making any further important decisions. Based on his current comments I would say he is out of touch with the current attitude of the citizens. Go back to the backwoods in which you came from.

In management your only as good as those that you hire and if you hire buffoons then you cannot complain with subpar results. Trump has one chance to redeem himself and actually have a decent legacy but so far he seems very weak in his administration.
He's only 10 months older than Hillary. If you voted for her you thought she would do fine for 4 years so by your rationale he's got at least a good 3 years, 2 months left in him.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:56 PM

62,962 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:

Sessions is an idiot? How so? Just what attitude are you referring to and what comments has be made that you deem idiotic?

Old 11-18-2016, 03:06 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Sessions is smart, sturdy and hates the enemies of America. Works for me.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
He is not an idiot, but some may disagree with his views, like on marijuana legalization, which could become a thing of the past during Trump reign. Sessions is strictly against it, and might enforce Federal laws to snuff it out.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:10 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
To be honest - the names in the Rolodesk are short for filling the Cabinet. At this point - he just has to get people in there.

My guess is that he is getting people in there now. He will look at how they function... and if he needs to make a change later, he will.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Trump is showing his un-prowess .....
Un-prowess [sic] Hahahaha.

Trump just took down two of the most powerful political families in Modern US Political History. Bush & Clinton.

That proves he knows a thing or two about politicians.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:29 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is not an idiot, but some may disagree with his views, like on marijuana legalization, which could become a thing of the past during Trump reign. Sessions is strictly against it, and might enforce Federal laws to snuff it out.
That's a valid concern. Trump says he'll leave it up the states, but you never know, especially with Sessions as the AG.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:35 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
I see a bunch of allegations, but no evidence of his remarks other than someone claiming he said something racist. Considering the fact that he was key for an appointment, his positions are conservative, it is not a suprise he is attacked.

So far, it appears to be more lies from the progressives which is not a surprise as they were lying constantly through the election.

Thank you for showing me that you have nothing but accusations. At least we know the progressives and democrats are lairs, we don't have to "allege" that.
Well..people see what they want to see..for sure. I'l try just once...
1) These 'accusations' were made by Republicans--during Sessions failed confirmation hearings..not Progressives...not Liberals. He admitted to some of the statements. Others he said were out of context..or..misinterpreted.
2) I..don't have anything at all..accusations or other...I, just provided some links..that it seems you didn't read all that closely..
3) He is not being attacked..his past positions are being questioned...there is a difference.
4) When a person in a trusted position says something like "I thought the KKK was alright, until I learned they smoked marijuana." it lends itself to an unsavory interpretation. He acknowledged the statement..denied it was racist. People are free to draw their own conclusions.
5) When a person in public office claims that the NAACP is a communist front--again, people are free to draw their own conclusions. Again, he does not deny making the statement..and in fact, still stands by it.
6) It appears to me that you are failing to distinguish between lies and interpretations.

If the standard you wish is basically Sessions using the N-word..on tape..with witnesses...repeatedly...than I guess you and I are going to disagree on what constitutes proper 'proof'.

I fail to see where the election enters into this at all..election is over. Time to move on.

These are not new allegations...but old..substantiated...facts--what is in dispute is the context..and the interpretation--it was deemed enough for Sessions Republican colleagues to deny him a Federal Judgeship--it remains to be seen how it plays in 2017.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies