Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 06:48 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So says the routinely wrong traditional media.

This is in all likelihood "Fake News".
If so it won't be the only fake news to come from Palin...

Old 12-01-2016, 07:02 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
How does it feel to be completely wrong on everything you post? You would be ahead to stay quiet and see what happens so you don't look so foolish whehn you are proven wrong on every thing you say. Trump has already done more for America, before being sworn in, that the gay communist has done in eight years.
So you are equating ALL Obama supporters with being gay? Or all "liberals" with being gay?

What has Trump done for America??

The Carrier "deal" came because Pence is still sitting Gov of Indiana...
I imagine that is something Carrier tried to twist the state's arm to get before it announced the move...
Big deal...this type of blackmail happens all the time between cities and states doing business with companies...trying to,entice them to relocate or to stay put...
Not saving all the jobs...just 800 and spending 750K in tax abatements a year to do it...
i bet most of the plant workers are gone and office/sales/distribution people are staying...
What might have been the case all along...

Now any company with significant work force can make the same play...
Which they do all the time anyway...but there will be more pressure on the gov to come through...
That is really keeping the Fed out of the states' business---isn't it...

Trump didn't follow through with what he promised on the campaign...he didn't threaten to slap a 30% tariff on every Carrier unit imported/sold in the US...
He didn't even threaten to have Dept of Defense start using suppliers other than Pratt and Whitney, one of the sister companies to Carrier within their parent company, for jet engines...that process would take lot,longer but would be more of a loss...

Old 12-01-2016, 07:34 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The fact that as a liberal you are not only unhappy but predict doom and gloom, tells me Trump is making the right choices. I don't really need to know anything else except libs hate the people he's nominating. That says it all. Trump is certainly on the right track. I hope he keeps it up.
Lazy thinking at it's finest.

I don't want to actually think about the appointments. I don't want to be concerned with their backgrounds, with their agendas. I don't want to know anything. Except whether people I hate are unhappy about these nominations. If they hate it, I like it. If they hate bs, I love it. Serve me up some cow patties!

Old 12-01-2016, 07:53 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Lazy thinking at it's finest.

I don't want to actually think about the appointments. I don't want to be concerned with their backgrounds, with their agendas. I don't want to know anything. Except whether people I hate are unhappy about these nominations. If they hate it, I like it. If they hate bs, I love it. Serve me up some cow patties!
I know all this is way too much for you to handle, after crying and balling about losing the election and moaning and throwing a fit about nearly everyone Trump has nominated. Go to your safe place and take a nap. If it makes you feel better, Pelosi is still there to comfort you when you wake up.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I know all this is way too much for you to handle, after crying and balling about losing the election and moaning and throwing a fit about nearly everyone Trump has nominated. Go to your safe place and take a nap. If it makes you feel better, Pelosi is still there to comfort you when you wake up.
You don't know at all. Because you haven't bothered to find out anything. That's just too much work for you. I didn't cry or BAWL about losing the election, and I haven't moaned or thrown a fit about Trump's nominees. Perhaps, before you start throwing about your attacks on others, you should actually do some research.

Again, lazy-thinking, and personal attacks. Because it's so much easier than to actually...think.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:35 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
You don't know at all. Because you haven't bothered to find out anything. That's just too much work for you. I didn't cry or BAWL about losing the election, and I haven't moaned or thrown a fit about Trump's nominees. Perhaps, before you start throwing about your attacks on others, you should actually do some research.

Again, lazy-thinking, and personal attacks. Because it's so much easier than to actually...think.
Ironically, you don't really know what these cabinet members are going to do either... and yet, here you are complaining...

Old 12-01-2016, 08:44 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Bwahahahahha.

Sarah Palin for the secretary of the VA?
Great choice!

Palin will send heads spinning if she gets that job. Her "take no prisoners" style will make those entrenched bureaucrats wish they had never been born. All Americans would benefit from her appointment, but veterans most of all.

The Left wants someone who will obey all the existing rules and fail, thereby absolving The Left of any responsibility for the 8 year meltdown that they didn't control.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:47 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Palin is a horrible choice... she isn't bright... she isn't articulate... and she isn't surrounded by smart people... Romney is a terrible choice... he works for the Tech CEOs... he is there to spy on Trump... and he will sabotage Trump if he could for maximal impact...

Old 12-01-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Ironically, you don't really know what these cabinet members are going to do either... and yet, here you are complaining...
I'm concerned about some of their backgrounds, and some of their agendas. And since some of them have known agendas, it's a legitimate concern.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:50 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
I'm concerned about some of their backgrounds, and some of their agendas. And since some of them have known agendas, it's a legitimate concern.
Donald Trump campaigned on charter schools, so if by that you mean that you are concerned that Betsy Devos is going to promote charter schools as the secretary of education, then that should come as no surprise. It would be a betrayal if he appointed someone who was not committed to this goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies