Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 12:50 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,166,061 times

Advertisements

Cities tend to vote democrat, because when you live in civilization, you have to be able to cooperate with one another, fairly allocate space and resources, and not kill each other when people undoubtedly step on each other's toes.

In the remote rural areas, you can pretty much have your own bubble and focus solely on yourself.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:19 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,077,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
My thoughts exactly. Erecting walls and blocking entry to the US of huge groups of people is the antithesis of small government. Trump's election has officially pushed me over the edge: I have become a proud bleeding heart liberal Why should someone feel ashamed for being compassionate toward other humans? I can't think of any reason at all, and find it amusing people are attacked for feeling that way.
You may choose to be compassionate with YOUR MONEY and YOUR TIME. It is not compassion when you designate other people's money to waste on refugees. That has a different name: THEFT. And theft is never compassionate.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:23 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,906,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Cities tend to vote democrat, because when you live in civilization, you have to be able to cooperate with one another, fairly allocate space and resources, and not kill each other when people undoubtedly step on each other's toes.

In the remote rural areas, you can pretty much have your own bubble and focus solely on yourself.
The not what's happening in cities especially democrat ran. It's just the opposite little cooperation, unfairly allocated resource, and lots of killing and crime.

You just made one of the better cases against Democrats and their policies.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:35 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,934,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
My thoughts exactly. Erecting walls and blocking entry to the US of huge groups of people is the antithesis of small government. Trump's election has officially pushed me over the edge: I have become a proud bleeding heart liberal Why should someone feel ashamed for being compassionate toward other humans? I can't think of any reason at all, and find it amusing people are attacked for feeling that way.
You can have open borders or you can have a welfare state. You can't have both.--Milton Friedman

Old 11-26-2016, 10:42 PM

501 posts, read 363,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
We want we want we want, just more of the same selfish, self centered rhetoric from the left. And you wonder why no one can compromise with you? You clearly have zero intention of compromising with anyone, just push, whine and riot until you get your way.
So let me get this straight. Liberals are simultaneously trying to help refugees, tolerant/welcoming of Muslims, gays, blacks, Latinos, illegals, legals, pro-healthcare for the poor, and on and on and on.... AT THE SAME time we are selfish and self centered?

You have an interesting definition of selfishness.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
What?
69,000,000 people voted against Hillary.

She got 63,000,000 votes..... I'm not sure you understand what a majority is.

And you just assume to assign "non voters" ? No.
Is this a semantical argument regarding third party votes?

Clinton got the plurality of votes. Happy? And she got the majority of votes between the TWO serious candidates.

2016 National Popular Vote Tracker

And it's a well known fact that non-voters prefer Democrats.

Nonvoters: Who They Are, What They Think | Pew Research Center

Old 11-26-2016, 10:53 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,261,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You may choose to be compassionate with YOUR MONEY and YOUR TIME. It is not compassion when you designate other people's money to waste on refugees. That has a different name: THEFT. And theft is never compassionate.
How about when you guys make me (and everyone else) have to pay more for products because y'all want to slap tariff on foreign goods and some of y'all are too lazy to learn a new skill to fill the tons of high skilled jobs that are begging for workers?

Old 11-26-2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Rural people don't understand city people.

Muslims don't understand Christians.

Christians don't understand Muslims.

Whites don't understand blacks.

Blacks don't understand whites.
In cities, Muslims and Christians get along just fine. In cities, whites and blacks get along just fine.

It's bizarre. In Trump's Cabinet, there is an endless parade of Southern state politicians filling major roles. States that have no or little Muslims, gays, refugees, illegals, etc. And yet they are ramming their ideology down the throats of all the city people who strongly OPPOSE them.

If you Republicans have any decency and consistency with your own values of small government, you'll stop trying to dictate how city people should live their lives.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:00 PM

1,850 posts, read 823,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post

This would probably be a better point if people in cities weren't the ones who were killing each other and complaining about unfair allocation of spaces while they protest marched against each other.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You may choose to be compassionate with YOUR MONEY and YOUR TIME. .
Sounds good to me. Let's get the Democrat cities into their own country, and you guys can have the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies