Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 08:38 AM

16,644 posts, read 8,653,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
you say you want smaller government but you also want to stop Democrat cities from taking in Muslims and immigrants, etc

that's not smaller government at all

This is an absurd thread to suggest the cities become your own country.
Regardless, smaller government doesn't mean no government.

The Federal government in theory should have very limited powers over peoples lives. However one of their major responsibilities is to protect the citizens and keep them safe.
Allowing just anyone into the country, especially those intent on committing crime or terror is one of the things the Feds are suppose to prevent. That along with a strong militarty to protect everyone from enemies, both foreign and domestic.

As to (D) cities wanting to take in Muslims/illegal immigrants, that is not what the average (D) voter wants. Granted urban voters went for Hillary, but not because they approve of those particular policies. Other issues, as well as party branding (i.e. brainwashing) had them voting against their own interests in some cases.
But let me ask you a question. Do you as a (D) want Muslims and illegals to pour into the country?
If so, please explain why, and what need there is to have it happen?

Other than poor minority voters who are dependant on other people (i.e. taxpayers) to provide for them, what typical urban (D) voter lives in the slums/ghettos. Though some are touched by that crime, it is just a news story to most (Ds). Rest assured if the daily crime/mayhem were to be where they lived, they would be screaming for law & order. Obviously terrorist attacks can effect them, but thankfully they are few and far between.
No, those who run the (D) party want the influx of illegal aliens knowing they would become (D) voters if ever made citizens. That is the cynical and destructive reasoning, by putting political power & control over the welfare of the American people.

Fortunately it would seem as if people (R's & D's alike) are starting to wake up to this, hence (R's) control most state government, and the entire federal government in numbers not seen since the early 1900's.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:35 AM

1,850 posts, read 822,387 times
The best part is how poor the arguments of the left are. They openly break the law and if anyone disagrees, they go "I thought you were for small government." Even if you accepted that as a valid argument (which would be idiotic), the next question would be "that's odd, why is it that 'small government' means that only YOU get to break the law?" For example, if you say "why, you are right! I am for small government, which does mean that you can break the law! That includes tax law, right?" suddenly the liberal will say "yeah, try it, I'll just throw you in jail." And they won't even comprehend how inane they look.

In fact, to create sanctuary cities, they actually need to increase government in order to defy the law. You need to increase government in order to accommodate illegal aliens, since you then have to process them and handle everything about their lives, everything from education to welfare to healthcare to printing up government paperwork in two languages. So immediately you can see that the fake argument of portraying acceptance of sanctuary cities as "small government" is something only a child would buy.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:19 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,851,961 times
Quote:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

City people just do not understand Republicans in rural areas. At all. We are from different planets.

Can't we just separate into two countries and go our separate ways? Why not?

As I posted elsewhere, every Muslim terrorist attack in the US has been done in a Democrat city. And yet, Democrat cities all voted for Clinton by huge margins, and the most devastated-by-terrorists city, New York City, voted 80% for Clinton. In Manhattan, where 9/11 took place specifically, Clinton got 90% of the vote.

We Democrats control the cities in this country. We WANT to invite Muslims in. We WANT the consequences of that. We WANT the illegals, the immigrants and the consequences they bring too.

So why stop us? We can't win you over, no matter what, it seems. I've seen countless posts from Republicans on this forum about the evil threat that Islam presents, the problems of illegals, black crime, etc etc etc. If you don't like it, maybe get out of the cities. Maybe we need our own country of American cities, and you Republicans get the rest of the country.

It's win-win, no?

Lol, go our separate ways? You mean remove the yoke of dependents (the Democrat base) populating urban areas and strangling the producers?

Sounds like a plan to me.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:22 PM

25,856 posts, read 16,558,385 times
The absolute dumbest and most helpless idiots I've met in my life are city dwellers.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:23 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,024,536 times
Quote:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

City people just do not understand Republicans in rural areas. At all. We are from different planets.

Can't we just separate into two countries and go our separate ways? Why not?

As I posted elsewhere, every Muslim terrorist attack in the US has been done in a Democrat city. And yet, Democrat cities all voted for Clinton by huge margins, and the most devastated-by-terrorists city, New York City, voted 80% for Clinton. In Manhattan, where 9/11 took place specifically, Clinton got 90% of the vote.

We Democrats control the cities in this country. We WANT to invite Muslims in. We WANT the consequences of that. We WANT the illegals, the immigrants and the consequences they bring too.

So why stop us? We can't win you over, no matter what, it seems. I've seen countless posts from Republicans on this forum about the evil threat that Islam presents, the problems of illegals, black crime, etc etc etc. If you don't like it, maybe get out of the cities. Maybe we need our own country of American cities, and you Republicans get the rest of the country.

It's win-win, no?
Maybe you could learn to really appreciate diversity as you guys claim to instead of wanting everyone to think the same.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:38 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,692,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm all for segregating and living under separate jurisdiction. You realize your diverse cities will turn into Detroit or worse when the conservatives and non-diverse leave don't you?
...and you will stuck living in the rural counties of backwoods W.Virginia with you teeth falling out becuase you buy nothing but soda with your food stamps.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:29 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,024,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
...and you will stuck living in the rural counties of backwoods W.Virginia with you teeth falling out becuase you buy nothing but soda with your food stamps.
Stupid rural stereotype. You people truly are racist. You really truly hate white people in middle America. It's pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies