Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 08:29 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,696,276 times

Advertisements

I hope Trump is just keeping his powder dry until Obama leaves office, so Obama will no longer be able to pardon her. And then give the green light to continue the investigation into the Clinton Global Initiative, and toss those fools in prison.

We need to drain the swamp and start the process of cleansing the poison from our nations corrupt politics, starting with the Clintons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 08:36 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,791,567 times
People, we have insurance policies that cost so much a month that people can't afford to insure themselves and we're worried about this. They are investigating her and what will be will be. It's time to focus on things like doing something about the monster called Obamacare and doing things that will encourage business growth i.e.... hiring people.

My god!

Old 11-23-2016, 08:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,313,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't have to prove that his interests are counter to the country's.
Then I don't care.

Quote:
His interests are subordinate to the interests of the country. No individual's interests come first before the country's interests.
You have to prove they are.

Quote:
The nation's interests always come first, or should always come first, as far as the leader of the nation is concerned. When that leader starts rationalizing that his personal financial interests coincide with the nation's interests, when that leader starts to mix the two, when that leader can't tell where his personal financial interests end and the nation's interests begin, it's a political disaster, and an ethical quagmire. Our previous Presidents have recognized this, and taken steps to prevent any confusion between their personal financial interests and the nation's interests. Trump is beginning to sound like he doesn't care.
Maybe he won't. Until shows where that is actually the case, you are just ranting.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:00 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,962,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The birther boy POS that just settled a lawsuit for swindling hopeful American entrepreneurs out of their savings could choose to prosecute ANYONE is the stuff ****ing bizarro world reality TV is made of.
Apparently, you don't understand lawyers who enjoy tying people up in court for misunderstandings on behalf of their client. These people are only claiming they could not find work......not sure how or why this would be Mr. Trump's fault. This happened during the housing fall, what are we missing?

Some have said, paying the money out was much easier than Mr. Trump being tied up in court. Mr. Trump should use his time getting rid of President Obama's screw-ups and Making America Great Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
This might in fact have more to do with Trumps' "pardon"
as anything.
Who is going to back pedal for him on this
one?
Seems many people have a hard time seeing Mr. Trump did a business deal involving himself, Hillary did deals involving America and Americans. None of Trump's deals involved foreign money being exchanged for access to America!

From the poster's article; Washington Post showing that Trump used foundation money to settle legal disputes for his companies and to buy a portrait of himself. The Post reported earlier on Tuesday about the new IRS filing.

Wonder why this below sounds so much worse? We could only wish Hillary's smallest offense was buying portrait of herself.
The Clintons have for decades put their own needs first (auctioning off the Lincoln bedroom

Hillary appointed an Accountability Review Board that would not question her about her accountability for the Benghazi, Libya, scandal. Clinton fixer Cheryl Mills stacked the deck against congressional investigators by instructing Benghazi witnesses not to talk to them.

The Clintons stacked the speaking-fee/foundation machine to get loads of money for themselves

Then there is the uranium deal Bill Clinton got hundreds of thousands of dollars in speaking fees, the foundation (which paid employees’ salaries and lavish travel) got millions, and this country got taken to the cleaners when Russia was allowed to buy one-fifth of the uranium production capacity in the United States- which it can now provide to Iran to construct its nuclear weapons program.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:07 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,982,449 times
Hillary should be fined heavily, forced to repay her own foundation (used for paying for Chelsea's wedding, etc), and face a lifelong ban from being a politician for lying under oath and putting our national security at risk. I think it would be in poor taste to throw her in jail, despite the fact that I think she absolutely deserves it.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:17 AM

50,987 posts, read 24,484,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
True, "The Donald" will not go after her.... It is not his job and would look vindictive, if he had any involvement.
He didn't say Jeff Sessions won't go after her. But, you Snowflakes will call him a liar, anyway.

Remember, Steve Bannon is Trumps personal adviser. Steve Bannon.
Never tell your enemy your plans, remember. I distinctly remember Trump saying he would tell ISIS one thing and do the opposite. He was adamant about the frustration with Obama telling "the enemy" our plans... Remember.

Let me ask everyone... Including Obama and Clinton. Have you ever been played?
He said...repeatedly...that he was going to appoint a special prosecutor. So either he lied, or didn't know what a president could do, or he's totally flipped his position. Which is it?

Old 11-23-2016, 09:21 AM

50,987 posts, read 24,484,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Well, at any rate, Hillary will be yesterdays news in January, and become totally irrelevant by next summer.

If nobody investigates her, or Obama pardons her (either would be a fate worse than death for her attention craving psyche), she will fast become a historical footnote as the biggest political loser in history, nobody will pay her or Bill any serious attention, her Clinton Foundation will crumble because she has no political power, and she will live out her days as an alcoholic recluse.

So, at this point it just doesn't matter any more.
No. The biggest political looser in history would be a Republican -- Barry Goldwater...who lost both the electoral college and the popular vote by landslides.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:25 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,605,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
You would think the Proggies would be happy about Trump's magnanimous gesture towards Hillary, instead of considering his humane decision a "broken promise".

I think this is another example that Trump is a pragmatist and not an ideologue, just as Obama explained recently at a press conference after his meeting with the President-elect. That fact should give the Proggies comfort.
The interesting thing about this situation is not so much Trump's actions toward Hillary, but the outrage from certain Trump supporters who heard him contradict himself over and over, about almost everything, yet are now shocked that he has done it again. I had a conversation with a friend yesterday. She expressed her dismay that Trump was not going to proceed with his promised actions against Hillary. I pointed out the man's inconsistencies during the campaign, and asked her if she was really surprised. Being a reasonable person, she admitted she was not.

As for this "Proggie," the idea of the Clintons being investigated was never the problem. The thing that bothered me was the "lock her up" refrain that seemed to indicate a guilty verdict without benefit of a trial.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:25 AM

6,268 posts, read 5,084,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Not going after Hillary has 2 intentions, he wants to make peace with Democrats. To get bills passed in the senate he will still need some democrat help but he's free from a veto override with the GOP majority.

Other intention is to keep the Clintons on watch. If they do anything, he can reauthorize the case to be re-opened.

Going after Hillary will likely not improve relations with the democrats and her followers. There's no more gain for going after her now that the elections are over with.

It would've better had Comey file official indictment last year before the primaries. This whole email scandal dragged on so long.

My last prediction is that Comey will be asked to stay by Trump. His Judas has served him well.
Since we're all guessing, here's my two guesses:

1. It's not up to Trump, it's up to his AG. After the Inaugeration I hope to see him say that all information has been handed over to his new AG and that the executive branch will absolutely stay out of the way to allow the DOJ to independently make a determination on the case.

2. He's keeping his cards close to the chest until January. Putting it out there that the Clinton investigation will continue will motivate Obama to issue a pardon before he leaves office.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:27 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,935,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Then I don't care.

You have to prove they are.

Maybe he won't. Until shows where that is actually the case, you are just ranting.
I'm pretty sure windfarms in Scotland have little to do with our nation's interests. That Trump would use the office of the President of the United States to advance his own personal interests is problematic.

And I'm in no way ranting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies