Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 06:25 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So tell me, who are they supposed to vote for? The globalist party that supports giant corporations that send our jobs overseas, but will bring in hundreds of thousands of poor immigrants to compete for an ever dwindling pile of jobs, or the globalist party that supports giant corporations that send jobs overseas, but isn't trying to kill the one industry they have? Hmm, that's a toughie.
According to the rags they read globalism doesn't exist except when the libs used to pro working class and protested globalization. But now since they're the party of Wall St, Silicon Valley and the Clintonian wing they're pro globalization.

Honestly I think the switch from the economy and class, to identity politics on the part of the Dems was just so they could peddle Clinton and her pro globalist/globalization policies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Did I say that?

You certainly are imaginative. I like that in a storyteller!

BTW, "you guys" doesn't apply to me. I'm neither a Democrat nor enthused for Hillary.

Those darned liberals. Well, what can you do?
The point is that for all praise Clinton was given in the media and all the gloating she couldn't even muster the same states and counties that voted for Obama. That's a darn shame. Doesn't make Trump any less of a winner for winnng his base

Old 11-23-2016, 06:32 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,757,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Guess the store should have had a few safe spaces for those poor poor New Yawk libs to cower in, away from the attack by rural America, Lol.
They are so,so,so, misguided! They have my clue at all that the people who elected Trump are the ones who make everything work in this word. The men and women who keep the streets safe, put the fires out, haul the trash away, and maintain the infrastructure.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:44 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
I suppose you missed this, so out of regard for your sensitive feelings, I will repost it.

Do you need a hug?
No, I'm good. I did see this post after commenting on another upthread.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:53 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Coastal libs are a joke ... drop a couple thousand refugees in the Hamptons, Nantucket, or Marin County and watch the buttercups scream.
You got that right. I know for a fact that the people of Long Island(you don't even have to go all the way out to the Hamptons) will pay whatever real estate taxes are necessary to keep their schools as white as possible.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:03 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
That's too funny. Imagine if they played some Waylon Jennings , Meryl Haggard or Hank Williams (any of of them)

Old 11-23-2016, 07:21 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
They are so,so,so, misguided! They have my clue at all that the people who elected Trump are the ones who make everything work in this word. The men and women who keep the streets safe, put the fires out, haul the trash away, and maintain the infrastructure.
This is really the amusing part.

Throughout history truly elite people have understood that they need those less elite than them to survive.

The stupid coastal elite are so enthralled with themselves that they don't have a clue what would happen to them if the "great unwashed" vanished overnight.

What I wouldn't pay to see a Harvard grad cleaning out the septic tank when no one from the "great unwashed" shows up to do it for him/her.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:23 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Don't you know?
Look it up ... you appear to be good with your fingers.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:33 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
And we see the same thing in Britain. Sound familiar?

This article is from June 2016.

Trump was paying attention but Dems seemed out to lunch on this issue. I remember posting about how Trump's election could be a Brexit type situation in the U.S and a bunch of people thought I was crazy but turned out to be very true.

___

"Millions of people in Britain are 'ignored and despised' by the metropolitan elite because they do not embrace their liberal views, an ex-BBC editor has admitted.
The metropolitan political class was said to be 'completely bewildered' about how to respond to the concerns of 'ghastly' ordinary people."

"For decades, politicians and the BBC have been accused of censoring debate, branding as 'racist' those who voiced concerns about the perceived erosion of our national identity or the pressure on jobs, housing, schools and healthcare. Fury at being overlooked for so long has led to vast numbers of Britons – many casting a ballot for the first time – to vote to quit the EU in a howl of frustration at the political elite."

Metropolitan elite out of touch with ordinary, 'ghastly' Britons, says ex-BBC chief | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-23-2016, 07:54 PM

That's the thing though. Any call for the nation to retain some sovereignty in the face of overwhelming globalization is instantly scorned as being "racist" and "xenophobic", as if people are talking about race and not purely economics.

We make it an economic issue but they make it a racial issue when it doesn't even make sense in context.

All they have is identity politics on the mind 24/7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies