Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 01:03 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

you mean a library...with books? for grown ups?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 01:12 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
you mean a library...with books? for grown ups?
Yes, it would be the opposite of the massage parlor in the Clinton library.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:45 AM

493 posts, read 637,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I've read many a post on various threads all over C-D about how down here in Texas and in Dallas we are all "Bush lovers" and such. This could not be further from the truth. Sure there are some here that like him and have voted for him but not any more than in other states and cities. The great debate over where this new "Presidential Library" would be located really got a rise out of many of us Texans. I'd say the overwhelming majority of us Dallasites did NOT want the Bush Library IN Dallas. When the news was made that it would indeed be here at SMU it was NOT trumpeted at all in the news or by anyone. It was merely a bleep of a comment on the local news and more along the lines of they felt obligated to say SOMETHING about the decision and then quickly moved on to other stories. We are ALL trying hard to sweep this news under the rug. Then last week the Bush family said they would indeed move to Dallas............ urgh. NO, please don't. As I've said for many years this Native Texan can proudly say that I have NEVER Voted for a Bush . And to let the rest of you know how some of the others in Dallas feel about this here are some of the letters to the editor in todays Dallas Morning News. My fave: Instead of a "Presidential Library" this Bush should just have a "Presidential Bookshelf". LOVE IT!!!!

Letters: Bush library | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Opinion: Letters (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/letters/stories/DN-wedartletters_0227edi.ART.State.Edition1.468a2d1.h tml - broken link)
I'm sure all the Highland Park/University Park peeps will enjoy his legacy being planted in the Park cities...SMU...man...at least TCU didn't get it...I considered applying there back in High School...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies