Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 01:41 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
She actually lost the popular vote because 3 million of those were illegal aliases and millions more from dead people.
I'd like to see credible evidence of this statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 01:43 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
It makes me feel better, but not for my ego. It reminds me that there were more Americans than not who didn't fall for Trump's bluster.
It doesn't make us, the people who wouldn't vote for either of these retards, feel any better.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:51 PM

2,309 posts, read 902,690 times
Quote:
Here you go.

Report: More Than 3 Million Illegal Aliens Voted For Hillary – United States Illegal Alien Crime Report

Old 12-02-2016, 01:33 PM

649 posts, read 316,704 times
It is very easy to get fake documents & register to vote online so I don't doubt that many illegals voted .

Old 12-02-2016, 01:40 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Many seem to be bragging that she is ahead in the popular vote, but does it make them feel better for ego reasons or does it make them feel worse that she is ahead in the popular vote, but she didn't win and can't be president?
It should not matter. If the presidential election system was set up to give the win to the most popular votes, then Trump's campaign strategy would have been very different.

He probably would have defeated Hillary in either case.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:47 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,081 times
L-O-****ing-L

Three Million Votes in Presidential Election Cast by 'Illegal Aliens'? : snopes.com

Old 12-02-2016, 01:52 PM

649 posts, read 316,704 times
Nobody's checking so how would anyone know ?

Old 12-02-2016, 01:58 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
Nobody's checking what? Your comment is vague.

The point was that he submitted in his post a completely unsubstantiated source as "credible evidence" of 3 million illegals voting. In fact, the only source for this claim, is this set of two tweets by some guy named Greg Phillips. All the alt-right outlets picked up on these tweets then reported it as news. You would know this if you checked the Snopes article.

You can't claim bald statements as credible evidence. If the statements are substantiated, well then let's talk.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:09 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Many seem to be bragging that she is ahead in the popular vote, but does it make them feel better for ego reasons or does it make them feel worse that she is ahead in the popular vote, but she didn't win and can't be president?
It makes me feel worse in that more people in this country proactively voted for her by 2.5 million but only 97,000 votes in three states, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan cost her the election. Trump bragging that he won in a landslide makes me realize he has absolutely no clue how opposed over half the country is to him. I think Trump supporters know very well how opposed half the country is but they are so delighted by the win that they don't care and want to really push a narrative that implies a larger win that it was. This makes the other half even more adamant, the result being I think the last three weeks are just as damaging to the divide in this country as the past year has been.

I think Trump's "push it in your face" gloating tour will rip the divide more. He may be surprised at how often he is reminded that he lost the popular vote and how vocal half the country will be when he inevitably faces political challenges which every president does.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:20 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
You won't. Expect Trump to continue to make accusations like that and for them to be increasingly ridiculous.

The goal is deflect from his losing the popular vote by saying the opposition votes don't count, that those voters don't matter. Then, call for unity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
No one's checking for crocodiles in my backyard either so they must be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies