Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 03:45 AM

3,890 posts, read 4,546,929 times

Advertisements

Antisemites And White Supremacists Declare 'Holy Crusade' Against MILO - Breitbart

This Milo person has been a curiosity to me ever sinc I heard him on some Youtube show. Seems to me he's "appropriated" many of the modern methods of those who call themselves "alt-right" (when in reality they're just run of the mill lunatic white supremacists like the Daily Stormer guy in the article.) and watered it all down to Libertarian ideas, radical free speech, and protectionism etc. and they MAD! Heck he even uses that Pepe the frog cartoon like some of those online Neo Nazis do. Have no idea how a stupid cartoon became an icon for White Supremacy anyway... what the heck? I mean it's a cartoon, and the Pepe dude is green! (maybe their open to little green men?)

Anyway, thought it was kind of interesting... Milo Y, the gay guy who's boyfriends are black is hijacking their stuff, and it's making them crazy! It's like he's a troll, trolling the trolls! Kinda brilliant in a way.
Hmmm... maybe he's like Batman! I have to admit it's somewhat satisfying to think of hard core skinheads tearing their hair out over this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 05:30 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times
The OP is of course being completely dishonest about this. There is no attempt to understand, only to demonize.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:12 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,931,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The OP is of course being completely dishonest about this. There is no attempt to understand, only to demonize.
Who should he be attempting to understand? Milo? Or the Alt-Right?

I get his curiosity, I don't get your response.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:12 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,931,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Antisemites And White Supremacists Declare 'Holy Crusade' Against MILO - Breitbart

This Milo person has been a curiosity to me ever sinc I heard him on some Youtube show. Seems to me he's "appropriated" many of the modern methods of those who call themselves "alt-right" (when in reality they're just run of the mill lunatic white supremacists like the Daily Stormer guy in the article.) and watered it all down to Libertarian ideas, radical free speech, and protectionism etc. and they MAD! Heck he even uses that Pepe the frog cartoon like some of those online Neo Nazis do. Have no idea how a stupid cartoon became an icon for White Supremacy anyway... what the heck? I mean it's a cartoon, and the Pepe dude is green! (maybe their open to little green men?)

Anyway, thought it was kind of interesting... Milo Y, the gay guy who's boyfriends are black is hijacking their stuff, and it's making them crazy! It's like he's a troll, trolling the trolls! Kinda brilliant in a way.
Hmmm... maybe he's like Batman! I have to admit it's somewhat satisfying to think of hard core skinheads tearing their hair out over this.
Personally, I think Milo's job is to cultivate controversy, & possibly to perform 'bait & switch' con tricks like a well-trained lapdog. Yes, he may have motives however they're more likely to be solely self-serving ones. Take his answer re: Libertarians in this interview for example:

Quote:
...Q: What about Libertarians?

A: What about them?

Q: Are they not an acceptable alternative?

A: No. They’re a joke. “Libertarians are children. Libertarians are people who have given up looking for an answer.”

Q: Why?

A: Libertarians are children. Libertarians are people who have given up looking for an answer. This whole “everybody do what they want” is code for “leave me to do what I want.” It’s selfish and childish. It’s an admission that you have given up trying to work out what a good society would look like, how the world should be ordered and instead just retreated back into selfishness. That’s why they’re so obsessed with weed, Bitcoin, and hacking.
https://www.thenation.com/article/an...-the-internet/
An Interview With the Most Hated Man on the Internet

Milo Yiannopoulos explains the alt-right, why Donald Trump is a cultural candidate, and why he thinks America should be great again.

The entire piece is worth a read if you're looking to understand Milo.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:19 PM

3,890 posts, read 4,546,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
What??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies