Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2016, 01:37 PM

772 posts, read 390,947 times

Advertisements

The government needs to stop taking in these refugees from terrorists countries. They also need to keep a closer watch on the Somali refugee community. This is not the first time: either they are running off to join Isis or committing criminal or terror acts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 01:38 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Yes they were being snarky because they know the inevitable capitalization that those that want to ban guns AND they never mentioned guns. Outside of whether the early reports of the attacker were gun or knife related, IT WAS YOU THAT FIRST MENTIONED BANNING guns.
You're trying to say the OP were being snarky about gun bans, but I was the one who first brought it up?

That makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
The rest of your post is jjustvtrying to dig yourself out of your own hole.
#epicfail
I have challenged many gun nuts who brought up the car/gun analogy to justify having guns like we justify having cars.

To date, NO ONE has ever successfully debate that point. ALL of them will make some excuse to walk away or just disappear altogether. You're just the latest victim. That's because the entire car/gun premise is utterly silly and makes no logical sense.

I have also made many gun nuts who brought up the stupid "swimming pools kill people too" argument ran away with their tails between their legs.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:40 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You're trying to say the OP were being snarky about gun bans, but I was the one who first brought it up?

That makes no sense.

I have challenged many gun nuts who brought up the car/gun analogy to justify having guns like we justify having cars.

To date, NO ONE has ever successfully debate that point. ALL of them will make some excuse to walk away or just disappear altogether. You're just the latest victim. That's because the entire car/gun premise is utterly silly and makes no logical sense.

I have also made many gun nuts who brought up the stupid "swimming pools kill people too" argument ran away with their tails between their legs.

Vivid imagination at work.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:40 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
With the only facts we know being he is Somali, stabbed/slashed, and ran over humans to kill them, I'd say its 100% given that he was mentally ill. No sane person runs over humans with a car, then starts cutting them up with a giant knife. Somali or not, terrorism or not, its clearly someone who is not mentally stable.
Please. The media (here and abroad) says the single attackers in every instance of Islamic terrorism are mentally ill. It's wearing thin.

"A new magazine issued by the Islamic State advises lone jihadists to get over any squeamishness about using knives and embrace sharp objects as "widely available" weapons of jihad in nighttime stabbing campaigns. ISIS' Al-Hayat Media Center issued the second issue of its magazine Rumiyah, meaning Rome, in English, Turkish, German, French, Indonesian, Russian, Arabic and Uyghur." October 4, 2016

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-securit...rests-beaches/

Old 11-28-2016, 01:41 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Now a campus shooting in Ohio. When will it stop, we need to stop being so PC and do what needs to be done

Perp used a machete and a vehicle. He was neutralized by a gun.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:41 PM

1,302 posts, read 684,306 times
In the very top Elite of the Freemasonry there is a group of very influential 32 degree freemason, who claim to be Muslim Descendants, they call themselves The Shriners. Unless shiners, With this I am trying to say that this will be close to imposible not to have Muslim immigrants,

Old 11-28-2016, 01:42 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,547 times
Things like this and the way they were previously handled are some of the reasons why Mr. Trump won.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:43 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

That makes no sense.

Are you dense? They said let's ban knives! Jiminy crickets. He was mocking individuals like you. Nobody mentioned banning guns in any way till you. But keep digging, now it's getting comical.

You give yourself way too much credit because you look like an utter fool if you review your posts.

Those 'analogies' you speak are mocks to your first comparison of gun to knife which, again for the thinking challenged being you, have NO BASIS IN THIS THREAD.

So you are borderline trolling and definitively hijacking. This is a Somali dude with a car and a knife. What we've mocked you on with extreme references to 'bans' on knives, hatchets, vehicles, and planes is because you made, bluntly, the ridiculously absurd comparison to:

Knife + 0
Gun = 49.

Do you need me to grab the post number for your short term impaired memory?

Old 11-28-2016, 01:43 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Please. The media (here and abroad) says the single attackers in every instance of Islamic terrorism are mentally ill. It's wearing thin.

"A new magazine issued by the Islamic State advises lone jihadists to get over any squeamishness about using knives and embrace sharp objects as "widely available" weapons of jihad in nighttime stabbing campaigns. ISIS' Al-Hayat Media Center issued the second issue of its magazine Rumiyah, meaning Rome, in English, Turkish, German, French, Indonesian, Russian, Arabic and Uyghur." October 4, 2016

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-securit...rests-beaches/
Look, I'm not saying that the extremist Islam mindset isn't part of the problem, nor am I making excuses for it. But the bottom line is that anyone who can be convinced that mass murder is an acceptable way to advance their cause IS by default mentally ill.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:48 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times
Obama's answer.... Import more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies