Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2016, 05:21 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Taxpayer money is already spent on all of that.

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/training

Home | Office of Child Care | Administration for Children and Families

Students | Food and Nutrition Service

Why are you under the impression that all of that isn't already being done?
I am not under the impression that nothing is being done. I believe that more should be done, and that many of the existing programs are underfunded, inadequate, inconsistently delivered, and often end up excluding people who need them.

Disagreement about what the facts mean does not necessarily imply ignorance of the facts themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 05:24 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I am not under the impression that nothing is being done. I believe that more should be done, and that many of the existing programs are underfunded, inadequate, inconsistently delivered, and often end up excluding people who need them.

Disagreement about what the facts mean does not necessarily imply ignorance of the facts themselves.
All of the suggestions you made are already being done. It doesn't help. People who don't want to work, don't. They sit back and collect taxpayer-funded freebies, because they can.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
All of the suggestions you made are already being done. It doesn't help. People who don't want to work, don't. They sit back and collect taxpayer-funded freebies, because they can.
Are you saying that there is a good job available to everybody who wants one?

Old 12-05-2016, 06:32 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Are you saying that there is a good job available to everybody who wants one?
There are jobs available. And there will be even more available after the illegals are deported. If one doesn't bother to graduate high school, has a criminal record, has a poor work ethic, etc., they're not going to get a "good" job. It's their responsibility to live within their means. It's not the taxpayers responsibility to financially reward them for being irresponsible.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:59 AM

1,850 posts, read 820,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And no, I really, really, really don't care that some poor person is spending MY tax money on soda.

Sure, but what you care is irrelevant, since you're spending OUR tax money, not "yours." Liberals want it both ways. They want to tell everyone that they must give them their money, then they tell everyone not to mind what they do with it. Instead, how about you donate your own money and then you can not care what anyone does with it? Except when you challenge liberals to do that, suddenly they go "oh, no, that wouldn't be enough money, we need your money, too."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Who said anything about not letting your kids eat for a week? We're talking lunch money which is not an entire week's worth of meals. Its ONE meal per day and I challenge you to find any teen who didn't squirrel away lunch money for other purposes.
Oh, thanks for admitting that we don't need the school lunch program, ftw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Nobody would suffer from malnutrition, even if they did skip lunch every day
And another person admits we don't need the school lunch program. Anyone else?

Old 12-05-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
There are jobs available. And there will be even more available after the illegals are deported. If one doesn't bother to graduate high school, has a criminal record, has a poor work ethic, etc., they're not going to get a "good" job. It's their responsibility to live within their means. It's not the taxpayers responsibility to financially reward them for being irresponsible.
There are people who have graduated, never committed a crime, worked hard, and played by the rules all their lives who have lost jobs through no fault of their own. Finding a new one is not always easy, particularly for older workers whose skills are either outdated or simply not in demand.

I am willing to admit there are people who don't want to work. Are you willing to admit that bad things sometimes happen to good people?

Old 12-05-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
There are people who have graduated, never committed a crime, worked hard, and played by the rules all their lives who have lost jobs through no fault of their own. Finding a new one is not always easy, particularly for older workers whose skills are either outdated or simply not in demand.

I am willing to admit there are people who don't want to work. Are you willing to admit that bad things sometimes happen to good people?
Notice how, again, liberals need to come up with this mythical person that doesn't represent any reality, but which you cannot argue against?

Why do you need to be for welfare? Because there's someone who is college educated, from a middle-class family, who never committed a crime or used drugs, who worked hard, and played by all the rules, and yet is now broke, with no savings, has a loving wife and three kids. Would you say no to him??

Why do you need to be for abortion? Because there's someone who is college educated, from a middle-class family, who never committed a crime or used drugs, who worked hard, and played by the rules, and was raped by her father in an incest relationship. Would you say no to her??

Why do you need to be for marijuana legalization? Because there's someone who is college educated, from a middle-class family, who never committed a crime or used drugs, who worked hard, and played by the rules, and just discovered they have advanced cancer. Would you say no to him??

When in reality, it's three deadbeats who didn't graduate high school, have been in and out of prison, used drugs, and are on welfare. How do I know? Because their communities would be glad to help out the three mythical individuals. That's fact.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:13 AM

1,180 posts, read 778,147 times
My purchase this morning with my Food Stamps was Jack Links Peppered Beef Jerky, 2.85oz and $4.99 on Sal.

It should be a crime for the stores to make these things cost so much.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:14 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Sure, but what you care is irrelevant, since you're spending OUR tax money, not "yours." Liberals want it both ways. They want to tell everyone that they must give them their money, then they tell everyone not to mind what they do with it. Instead, how about you donate your own money and then you can not care what anyone does with it? Except when you challenge liberals to do that, suddenly they go "oh, no, that wouldn't be enough money, we need your money, too."

Weird. I'm under the impression that liberal, conservative, and unaffiliated voters all pay taxes, and none of us get to decide as individuals what happens to that money.

Oh, thanks for admitting that we don't need the school lunch program, ftw.

And another person admits we don't need the school lunch program. Anyone else?

Nobody living in my house would suffer from malnutrition if they skipped lunch every day, because they eat two substantial and nutritious meals that I prepare at home each day. I'm not willing to generalize that to all schoolchildren. Furthermore, my children do pay for the food they consume from the school cafeteria. It's not free. Did you miss that part?
Answers above.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
I'm under the impression that liberal, conservative, and unaffiliated voters all pay taxes, and none of us get to decide as individuals what happens to that money.
Then you're under the wrong impression. We all get to decide what happens to that money. That's why liberals need to lie constantly about it. For example, saying "we need more money for roads and bridges" when they really mean "we need more money for union pensions and benefits." Only a liberal would say "no, your job is to send me your money and then shut your face about it."

Quote:
Nobody living in my house would suffer from malnutrition if they skipped lunch every day, because they eat two substantial and nutritious meals that I prepare at home each day. I'm not willing to generalize that to all schoolchildren.

Oh ho, so suddenly your kids don't need lunches, but everyone else's does. LMAO. I thought we had to run society like you run your family? No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies