Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 03:34 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Until you understand Donald Trump, you won't ever understand Donald Trump. He has run businesses his entire life, so he is "out there" he "projects" he has huge confidence in himself. (Can you imagine where he would be today if he were a wimpy, wishy-washy kind of guy.) His father expected a LOT from him. He took the reigns early on...

Some of you find him abrasive. I have said many times, he is that way! Does that make him loveable to everyone? No. But that is who he is and just because he might seem too blunt or to the point, does not make him a bad person. I ask that everyone that is digusted with him or those that fear him, give him time to show you what he can do!
You do realize he's a class A jerk, right?

I mean, you get that, don't you? He's a narcissist.

The US has elected its own Kim Jong Un.

Good grief.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
Does he know he can stop campaigning now?
And pass up all his adoring fans?

Never.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:35 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
They should be rooting for him even though they didn't vote for him. Unless they don't want to see America succeed...
Republicans didn't mind if America failed as long as President Obama failed. Here's something else: If President Obama did a "victory tour" after the election, Republicans would have gone insane. This "in your face" gloating tour Trump is doing is something Republicans would accuse Obama of doing that Trump is actually doing.

Fox News had this where they admitted:

Greg Gutfeld then noted, “If Obama did a victory lap, this network would explode. We would be frothing. We’d have pitchforks running down Pennsylvania Avenue!”

On The Eve of Trump's Presidency, Right Wing Hypocrisy Is In Full Swing | RedState
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
The Clinton supporters have learned nothing from this election, as demonstrated by some of these posts.

Still, they are beating that same drum, i.e.
Trump doesn't talk the way they want him to talk (sorry you got your feelings hurt - he's trying to save lives)
Trump tweets his thoughts (it's called "smart" communication)
Trump doesn't mince words and calls it like it is (democrats want to be coddled and hummed to)
BUT -
Trump is creating jobs already
Trump is picking the best and the brightest for his cabinet, and is way ahead of other presidents
Trump is doing a victory tour to thank the voters

Insulting Trump does nothing but blow-back onto the poster. These rude comments by small posters here will come back to haunt them and they will be eating crow in short order. Do you need salt and pepper on that crow?
Hahahahahahaah!

I had to stop at "smart" and "communication" in the same sentence referring to Donald Trump.

You're joking, right? I mean, you are actually joking, aren't you?

You do not tweet your thoughts to people when you are a WORLD LEADER.

Criminy.

He has not created a single job except forcing NYC to add on additional policemen at taxpayer expense.

No crow will be eaten because his administration will fail.

I promise you that I hope it does not. I shall be the first to say he pulled off a miracle of the highest order if his administration isn't the Hindenburg.

But, crow? Nah. He sucks. Even HE looks confused by this job. Which is why he is probably going to get Mike Pence to do it.

That might keep him from being an abysmal failure, but it sure won't be because he's so awesomesauce.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL, I don't drink beer. I'm a high class liquor drinker lol. And I was too busy cooking over Thanksgiving to drink nor did I "stuff my face." I actually painted some rooms in my house when I wasn't cooking.

I don't think people speaking makes them a leader. And as stated, I'm well aware that there are numerous protests being planned for his inauguration. I would think he would be focused on that, since it actually is an event where he can "thank" the public instead of going around the country right now. It is odd to me that he is going around talking about "media" and thanking people when he should be working on getting setup.

That's all.

And IMO America has been great for the last 45+ years.
Exactly.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:52 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Republicans didn't mind if America failed as long as President Obama failed. Here's something else: If President Obama did a "victory tour" after the election, Republicans would have gone insane. This "in your face" gloating tour Trump is doing is something Republicans would accuse Obama of doing that Trump is actually doing.

Fox News had this where they admitted:

Greg Gutfeld then noted, “If Obama did a victory lap, this network would explode. We would be frothing. We’d have pitchforks running down Pennsylvania Avenue!â€

On The Eve of Trump's Presidency, Right Wing Hypocrisy Is In Full Swing | RedState
Gutfeld is more of a comedian really. Nothing wrong with thanking the voters and speaking directly to the people.

As President Elect , Trump is President-Elect to everyone and will be President to everyone.
I don't think Democrats were barred from attending the victory tour were they?

Old 12-02-2016, 03:56 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't bow to presidents. Any of them. This isn't a monarchy and I loathe that jackhole Trump. Always have, always will. He's got his faithful snowed.

I always knew the US had some gullible citizens, but not to this degree.

Yikes.
I agree and think Trump's followers and fans have a a feeling
of a cult, had he not won he surely could have gotten all
his adoration by starting a "religious" cult ala scientology .
I read somewhere that he actually employs the same techniques as per Bannon's
advice.
Seems like the US is the one country in the world that loves cults and
has enough people wanting to be snowed or conned.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Gutfeld is more of a comedian really. Nothing wrong with thanking the voters and speaking directly to the people.

As President Elect , Trump is President-Elect to everyone and will be President to everyone.
I don't think Democrats were barred from attending the victory tour were they?
So you're saying Republicans would have been fine if President Obama had done a "victory tour" following the elections which comes of as intense gloating? Even Fox News disagrees. Even RedState, a right wing website disagrees.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:59 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
If Trump didn't speak to the people, then liberals would say .. "Why is he hiding?" "What's he doing?"
You know it's true.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I agree and think Trump's followers and fans have a a feeling
of a cult, had he not won he surely could have gotten all
his adoration by starting a "religious" cult ala scientology .
I read somewhere that he actually employs the same techniques as per Bannon's
advice.
Seems like the US is the one country in the world that loves cults and
has enough people wanting to be snowed or conned.
Watching this happen, I think this is going to boomerang on Trump hard. This gloating tour has never been done by an elected president and he must know it will make the unity he is pleading for worse than ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies