Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 10:45 AM

27,216 posts, read 15,393,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
In a nutshell, this is exactly what we are doing when we allow "refugees" from hostile territories into America.

The Trojan horse analogy is appropriate.

No not all are dangerous. The MAJORITY aren't I'm sure, but as we can see, it only takes a few to do some massive damage.

Why does this concept not make sense to so many?

Pick your favorite high crime neighborhood in your area.

Would you just let someone into your home from these areas if they came knocking on your door?

Forget about all the ways media spins this concept and just think about this for a second, and then respond.

Yes, how much is a small percentage of a lot?

Too many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 11:00 AM

27,216 posts, read 15,393,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
False equivalency.

Nope, the US is our home.

One of the primary (actual duties, unlike the made up ones) responsibilities of the Federal Government is to protect our nation.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:55 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,005,752 times
No. No explanation necessary, IMO.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:11 PM

772 posts, read 392,028 times
No!

You can bring them out of the hostile area, but you can't easily change their violent mindset.

You are playing with fire!

Old 12-05-2016, 07:04 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,650,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If there is a rule that we don't allow anyone in from 'hostile' areas, wouldn't it make sense for dangerous people to come through 'nice' areas like London?
Anyone coming in the country should be screened, but especially from hostile areas.

Yes there is no perfect system, but there is a better one than what we have currently.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:16 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,495,784 times
Should Afghan translators who worked for our military be allowed in? I`d hate to see thousands of good people who put their lives on the line for us being denied entry to the home of the not so brave. They are targets of ISIS.
Why are thousands of military translators left in Afghanistan? | PBS NewsHour

Old 12-05-2016, 07:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,752,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Anyone coming in the country should be screened, but especially from hostile areas. Yes there is no perfect system, but there is a better one than what we have currently.
Currently they are screened for up to two years. Yes, there is no perfect way. We took lots of Vietnamese in and they came from a very hostile place.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:29 AM

18,162 posts, read 15,667,893 times
Quote:
Currently they are screened for up to two years. Yes, there is no perfect way. We took lots of Vietnamese in and they came from a very hostile place.

True. But the enemy in Viet Nam didn't want to come here and blow things up. Their goal was to take the South and stay there. Terror tactics here would have been counter productive to their goals. Giap wasn't a fanatic and neither was Ho Chi Minh. Trying to attack targets in the US with infiltrators would have strengthened US resolve and weakened the public opinion against the war.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:34 AM

39,332 posts, read 27,714,397 times
Quote:
Vietnamese has a different culture, too. I know i will get a lot of negative remarks for my next statement, I know that Vietnam war is highly unpopular, but ask any south Vietnamese, they view Americans as their saviors, do they not?

Old 12-05-2016, 07:50 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,495,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Vietnamese has a different culture, too. I know i will get a lot of negative remarks for my next statement, I know that Vietnam war is highly unpopular, but ask any south Vietnamese, they view Americans as their saviors, do they not?
The South Vietnamese who came here had the misfortune of siding with the invaders so yes, we`re their saviors...sort of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies