Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 12:59 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,245,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
There hasn't been a recovery. Eight years later we are still worse off than before the crash. Not that the Obamabots care about the truth.
Me, everyone I know, and the statistics say we are WAY BETTER OFF now than eight years ago.

That doesn't mean that some people, for one reason or another, can't get out of their rug.

But I thought that's where "personal responsibility comes in". It turns out "personal responsibility" is blame Obama.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 01:02 AM

979 posts, read 491,875 times
Quote:
In my very short post I said before the crash. Yet you completely ignored it while making a statement about how facts support you yet you don't bring out those facts. Just because you said. Why listen to you?
Granted, your entire post makes me wonder if you care about factual information and data....
Question for you, when did the crash happen that lead to the recession we went through? Also, I am not sure what you just said here....

"Yet you completely ignored it while making a statement about how facts support you yet you don't bring out those facts." I am not entirely sure what you just stated here because this part of your sentence makes no sense.

Your entire post makes me question the education system in this country, and wonder how it has let this country down....

Old 12-06-2016, 01:02 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,345,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Why do you have to lie so much? Is it even possible for you to tell a truth for once??! Just once!?

I have never said Trump had 0 chance. Never. I have no respect for anyone who has to pull this kind of sting in order to win an argument.

I would never give anyone 0 chance, let alone the crazy right-wing party. They would elect O.J. Simpson under the "right" circumstance.

Haha. You sound like Chief Spreading Bull (Elizabeth Warren). 0 chance you said. Brokered convention you said. Hes done you said.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:05 AM

37,953 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:
Me, everyone I know, and the statistics say we are WAY BETTER OFF now than eight years ago.
You don't have much credibility on the issue, and neither does everyone you know. Your experts haven't been correct in a long time. But I'm just judging from your posts. Why are so many on government assistance 8 years after the crash?

Quote:
That doesn't mean that some people, for one reason or another, can't get out of their rug.

But I thought that's where "personal responsibility comes in". It turns out "personal responsibility" is blame Obama.
lol You didn't say anything here.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:07 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,553,619 times
It's been ''crashed'' for 8 years. Obama decided to feed his welfare parasites rather than grow the economy.

It has nowhere to go but up once he's gone.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Question for you, when did the crash happen that lead to the recession we went through?
~ Dec 2007 - Sep 2008 any of those dates. Many use Sep because of the stock market crash

Quote:
Also, I am not sure what you just said here.....
Yet you still comment.

Quote:
"Yet you completely ignored it while making a statement about how facts support you yet you don't bring out those facts." I am not entirely sure what you just stated here because this part of your sentence makes no sense.

Your entire post makes me question the education system in this country, and wonder how it has let this country down....
You said the facts back you up. You haven't presented any facts. I said that earlier and you still haven't presented anything to back up your absurd statement. Why comment when you cannot comprehend a simple post?

Your entire post makes me question the education system in this country, and wonder how it has let this country down...

Old 12-06-2016, 01:08 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,245,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Haha. You sound like Chief Spreading Bull (Elizabeth Warren). 0 chance you said. Brokered convention you said. Hes done you said.
I have said NONE of those things.

Are you going to keeping lying?

Old 12-06-2016, 01:12 AM

979 posts, read 491,875 times
Quote:
Before the crash 28 million on food stamps. Now with this "recovery" 8 years later only recently have we come down from all time highs in food stamp usage, and 43 million are still on food stamps. Nothing spells recovery like a 50 percent higher rate of food stamp usage. Because the more people we have on government assistance the better, right?
Actually before the crash, there were 37 million people on food stamps, during the recession it went up to just over 47 million, and now it is down to 43 million and dropping. Not sure what the issue is with this one, yes the number of people who need food stamps goes up with a recession. Since the recession has ended, we have seen that number continue to drop, as long as it is going down, I have no issue with where it is at.

SNAP Costs and Caseloads Declining | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Old 12-06-2016, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Actually before the crash, there were 37 million people on food stamps, during the recession it went up to just over 47 million, and now it is down to 43 million and dropping. Not sure what the issue is with this one, yes the number of people who need food stamps goes up with a recession. Since the recession has ended, we have seen that number continue to drop, as long as it is going down, I have no issue with where it is at.

SNAP Costs and Caseloads Declining | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Actually before the crash, there were 28 million people on food stamps. Early 2008 27-28 mil late Sep we went over 31 million. You're 1 year off at a minimum.
You have no issue that the number of people on food stamps 8 years after the crash is 50 percent higher? Your standards are extremely low.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:25 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,397,951 times
People will cherry pick some single economic indicator, ignoring all the others. Very predictable.

Another thing thats predictable? We will most likely have a recession within the next 4 years. And that was true no matter who won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies