Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 01:41 PM

649 posts, read 317,038 times

Advertisements

Yep , a landslide victory & an overwhelming mandate .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 01:41 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,674,237 times
I think there should be an investigation. I don't care who won/didn't win. It's seriously disturbing to me that the Russians are hacking their way into things and could possible influence outcomes, no matter what side. Everyone should be very concerned, even those who this might have helped. There are future elections coming, you know.

Old 12-09-2016, 02:21 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,183,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Do you mean the bleating by Democrats & the MSM that started ONLY after Hillary lost the election?

It's nothing but FUD to attempt to discredit Trump's landslide victory.

I would be surprised to find anything like a direct connection between the Russian government and the hacks; but the way I see it, it is a serious problem if the allegation was true, and perhaps an even more serious problem if it wasn't. Either way, there should be some effort to get to the bottom of it.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:26 PM

17,447 posts, read 9,283,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
At this point what difference does it make?
I'm not laughing - I'm guessing it would be Very,Very helpful for the Leftist to KNOW exactly which Citizens voted for "who". Hard to "attack the enemy" until you figure out exactly "who" they are, "where" they live.

Oh Yeah ........ it could make a difference -- BUT, first they have to "investigate" so they can be identified.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:30 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,734,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Exactly. Why wouldn't we investigate? We absolutely should.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:07 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,189,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
President Obama has ordered the U.S. intelligence community to conduct a “full review” of the cyberattacks during the 2016 election and to prepare a report on the subject — including to Congress — before he leaves office, White House homeland security adviser Lisa Monaco said Thursday.
Obama is just mad because the Democrat Party got hacked and their e-mails became public.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:25 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,072,629 times
Is this like Obama's investigation of the IRS for targeting conservative PACs seeking IRS approval?

Old 12-11-2016, 07:27 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed. I believe that. Obama DOJ is a no show yet again.

But as for Russians hacking 1000s upon 1000s of local BOEs, that is just nonsense, from a lame duck President, who has no accomplishments.

i.e. Obama seeks to spread FUD about the results.

...or not:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAlp8XM?m=en-us

Old 12-11-2016, 10:27 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,715,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Obama is just mad because the Democrat Party got hacked and their e-mails became public.
Regardless of how these emails got hacked and publicized, you cannot un-ring that bell. Reading those emails shows how Bernie, one of their own no less, got totally screwed by his own party as well as a whole host of other unsavory issues that came to light.

We now know a lot more about the inner workings of the democratic party establishment than we knew before. Much of it I'd think troubling to the democratic voter....or any American actually.

One could be excused from becoming rather cynical after reading all of this behind the scenes stuff they wrote back and forth. Obviously the democratic voter is a patsy to be used for one purpose only....and that is their vote for the anointed candidate. Hey....we'll see you again in 4 years, take care!

I'm sure there is a lot of this going on elsewhere too, but for now, this is what has come to light, so this is what we're dealing with.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:30 AM

1,156 posts, read 943,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
My understanding is that they're investigating the email hacks and not the election itself.

Frankly, I'm glad the Russians hacked and released the info....it's the only dang transparency we're going to get.

If the Russians had known about Watergate I'd be glad if the news broke that way too.

This is the sad part. It's really hard to get mad at someone exposing the truth about a politician. It's really sad that allegedly it took Russia to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies