Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 07:31 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Hit the nail on the head, hag! The left is acting like all this info was made up and released just to screw Hillary. Well, maybe if she had turned over her e mails when ordered by congress to do so, we would have seen everything without Wikileaks's intervention. Many of us have always known what a despicable person Hillary is, and how corrupt the DNC and the media are. As it turned out, it took Wiki to show the rest of the voters, those who actually cared about the truth, the real depths of the depravity.
Has anyone ever stopped to ask themselves whether or not the released information is even legitimate?

I mean, it might be. Or, it might not be. It's a script of electronic information and you'd have to go to the source code itself to see what was there when these were sent and have any of US done that?

Nope.

That said, I'm not really concerned with that because we'll never know. But, I care about a foreign government doing this to the US. Whatever crap we do to each other is something I care about, but come on... you're really okay with Russian interference if it means your candidate wins?

That's scary.

I would not feel the same way if the situation was reversed.

Don't even get me started on Comey's role in this, because that's disgusting.

Maybe the "media" did go after Romney's statements, but that's how journalism here in the US has always worked, regardless of candidate or party... remember how Howard Dean got attacked for being too boisterous or how Hillary Clinton got attacked for being too emotional? I do. It influenced the primaries those years.

Eh... that stuff happens.

But, foreign interference? US agency interference?

Nooooo... that's just not okay.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The WH disagrees....why do you disagree with the WH?
Why do you disagree with McCain? I don't know what WH believes, and I couldn't care less about what someone else believes. Unlike you, I am interested in the truth. You seem more interested in agreeing with your favorite politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 07:39 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,872,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why do you disagree with McCain? I don't know what WH believes, and I couldn't care less about what someone else believes. Unlike you, I am interested in the truth. You seem more interested in agreeing with your favorite politician.
Interested in the truth and yet you still read WaPo... what a joke... you are interested in your own lies...

Old 12-12-2016, 07:42 AM

17,349 posts, read 11,305,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Has anyone ever stopped to ask themselves whether or not the released information is even legitimate?

I mean, it might be. Or, it might not be. It's a script of electronic information and you'd have to go to the source code itself to see what was there when these were sent and have any of US done that?

Nope.

That said, I'm not really concerned with that because we'll never know. But, I care about a foreign government doing this to the US. Whatever crap we do to each other is something I care about, but come on... you're really okay with Russian interference if it means your candidate wins?

That's scary.

Maybe the "media" did go after Romney's statements, but that's how journalism here in the US has always worked, regardless of candidate or party... remember how Howard Dean got attacked for being too boisterous or how Hillary Clinton got attacked for being too emotional? I do. It influenced the primaries those years.

We don't know for certain the Russians did anything regarding those emails. Also, the United States has a long and colorful history of influencing both publicly and secretively elections around the world and has gone as far as helping to put into place their own pro American puppet governments in various places in contrast to the wishes of the general public that live in those countries. The CIA of course was and continues to be front and center in this effort.
Israel is a drop in the bucket when you consider other Middle Eastern and Central American countries where the CIA has played a role in determining who wins elections.
The false outrage over some leaked but real emails is astounding.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:49 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,560,147 times
Quote:

Nope.

That's scary.

Yes. It seems that if ANY of it were tampered with and/or edited in any way, you would have heard the DNC and Clinton alleging such. They have never said a word, which is tantamount to admitting guilt in this case. If it makes you feel better to tell yourself "We will never know" then go ahead, but don't expect the rest of us to buy into that crap.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:50 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,371,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

I too am interested in the truth, but at this point, what has been factually established? "Anonymous sources", and sparse description of what the Russians allegedly have done that center only the hacked emails, with no allegations that any Russian agency attempted to interfere with the actual voting process is not a whole lot to go on.

With regard to the hacked emails, that's the price of doing business via Gmail, and not being able to recognize phishing, spear phishing, or whaling attempts. Even with the admittedly criminal hacking required to access, and publicize those emails, that doesn't excuse the actions contained in those emails. Things like collusion at the DNC to support Clinton at the expense of Sanders, media providing the Clinton campaign with debate/town hall questions prior to the events, and a complicit media actually vetting stories through the Clinton campaign prior to publication. Those are all self inflicted wounds.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:51 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,295,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
The CIA isn't the news media. They say Russia interfered.
No they don't.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:52 AM

21,486 posts, read 10,593,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Well, I can't speak for the experts but I don't think anyone has directly stated or showed evidence that voting machines were hacked. There is evidence that email was hacked and (I haven't read much today) I think email servers were hacked for both parties. It was just the DNC emails that were released. Either the RNC had nothing juicy or someone chose not to release the RNC information. Who knows.

What the data is suggesting is that a foreign state infiltrated servers and caused the release of data/emails/etc, that could be seen as influencing public opinion for one side. Now, depending on your worldview, maybe things got released that the public is glad to have seen. The real question we need to ask ourselves is are we okay with foreign governments hacking into our RNC and DNC or other parties' information and using it to influence voters? I'm not okay with that and I would be very happy if the government (bi partisan) investigated the matter thoroughly to see how far they went and what actions they took so that it can be prevented for further elections.

I have not yet heard that voting machines have been directly hacked but I do believe we need to make sure that does not happen.
Reince Prebus said the RNC was not hacked. They had the FBI check it after the DNC got hacked, and they were cleared.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:54 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
Quote:

Nope.

That's scary.

My candidate didn't win. Not this election, not last election.

No one should send information they want to safeguard through an electronic communication system. No one should assume that electronic communication is private. This is exactly why government officials and government employees are repeatedly told they will be terminated and even risk prison for failing to use proper, secured servers. The obtainment of the DNC's private electronic communication, if nothing else, affirms why blatently disregarding those rules presents a very real security breech.

We have spent years selectively having information fed to us from all sides from a variety of sources. One must learn to consider the source of information because almost all of them have a slant to what information they choose to share. There is no difference this time.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:58 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,515,041 times
If sharing secrets about the shady dealings behind a political party's attempts to beg, borrow, and steal their way into office is "influencing" then I'm all for it.

That same kind of "influence" is what's occurring right now: concerted media effort to encourage blaming the messenger rather than concentrating on the content that messenger provided. Regardless of whom provided the leaked emails, the end result cannot be overlooked: we were shown the positively scummy tactics of the Democratic Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies