Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 07:59 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I find it interesting how the democrats are complaining about the Russians interfering with the election because if they did, wouldn't Trump have won the popular vote too? Also, they didn't seem to mind when Obama sent our tax payer money to Israel and went over there personally to interfere with their election....and it backfired.
Let's not forget what the Left was saying about Russia when Obama won in 2012 ......

Kind of funny seeing the left freak out over Russia and Putin especially given this is the same left who mocked Mitt Romney in 2012 for calling Russia a geopolitical foe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 07:59 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Yes. It seems that if ANY of it were tampered with and/or edited in any way, you would have heard the DNC and Clinton alleging such. They have never said a word, which is tantamount to admitting guilt in this case. If it makes you feel better to tell yourself "We will never know" then go ahead, but don't expect the rest of us to buy into that crap.
Have you never said nothing when the things being said were ridiculous? I have. If that means people think I'm agreeing with their nonsense, so be it.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Interested in the truth and yet you still read WaPo... what a joke... you are interested in your own lies...
Are you trying to say McCain did not say those words? You think it's come kind of WaPo conspiracy? You sure have drank the cool-aid to the last drop.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Default Why would anyone be surprised?

The question should be " Why are we surprised" IF in fact Russia had any hand in hacking DNC files why are we surprised given the U.S. has attempted or done the same thing for years with respect to many other countries both friend and foe.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:10 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I really don't think you know the definition of "protocol" in the governmental world really means....

Many people have stated stupid stuff in the government, and I'll tell ya, if I would have been charged with those email server problems that hillary did, me saying, I'm sorry would not have gotten it....her saying I'm sorry for doing it is far more stupid than what trump is saying....really....
I understand what you are saying but if it was me, I'd release my tax returns to shut all my detractors up. There is a reason he isn't, IMO.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:10 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,278,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Also the Homeland Security Chair Michael McCaul (R, TX) claimed in September that the RNC was hacked then changed his mind. This is the same person that Clinton storing classified information on her server amounted to treason, but have not heard a word from him on this event.

This offers more details that the hacking came from Russia, anonymous but still more details.
Now why would they just expose DNC emails and not RNC, what country do you think would have an interest in Trump as president??

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/09/us...tion-hack.html
The article is long on speculation and short on substance. Remember the 2002 CIA report on WMD the Bush administration cited for substantiation of the invasion of Iraq. Well there was quite a pertinent paragraph skipped in the cliff notes being consumed by the media, that paragraph said that the CIA were unsure that Iraq was producing Biological or Chemical weapons. Since all I've seen is "believes" and "confidents" in cliff notes on this, it may be prudent to not jump to conclusions, fool me once, and all that.

However that all said it's still not about the election unless you consider the suppression of pertinent information as effecting the election. If Trump for instance was being aided by the RNC while the RNC was hamstringing his opponents I'd like to know, wouldn't you? Isn't that something that voters should be aware of?

Old 12-12-2016, 08:12 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Have you never said nothing when the things being said were ridiculous? I have. If that means people think I'm agreeing with their nonsense, so be it.
Yeah, that's probably it...

Old 12-12-2016, 08:24 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Has anyone ever stopped to ask themselves whether or not the released information is even legitimate?

I mean, it might be. Or, it might not be. It's a script of electronic information and you'd have to go to the source code itself to see what was there when these were sent and have any of US done that?

Nope.

That said, I'm not really concerned with that because we'll never know. But, I care about a foreign government doing this to the US. Whatever crap we do to each other is something I care about, but come on... you're really okay with Russian interference if it means your candidate wins?
I'm NOT "ok" with anyone attempting to influence elections. That would include Slanted/Biased (even wrong) US Corporate Media reports, Homeland Security attempting to 'hack' into the Georgia Elections Board (which Homeland Security admitted to) or a Foreign Power's attempt to influence.

That said -- the "hacked" emails of Hillary Clinton and the DNC are partly because they didn't have secure servers and accounts. We know this because the FBI Testified that they were 'unsecured' and that she was "careless". We also know they were "legitimate emails" because the Clinton Camp never refuted that they were not "legitimate". Several people were actually fired because of the emails.

Wiki-Leaks is the entity that released this information, just as they released information about the Bush Administration. To Date - I can't recall a single release by Wiki-Leaks that has proven to be False. Wiki-Leaks refuses to say how they get their information OR who they get it from. We also know that Guccifer was a source for some of the Leaks and he is in custody in the USA now.

The Accusation by an 'un-named CIA officer' is that the Wiki-Leaks released were actually done by Russia and the Goal was to Elect Donald Trump. That's Political and it can't be proven, the FBI won't sign on to this Conspiracy Theory because it is not PROVEN.

Foreign and Domestic Hacking is a BIG, BIG problem. My own information was 'hacked' when somebody 'hacked' into the US Office of Personnel Management and stole all the data for people who had clearance investigations - I get letters from the IRS and OPM on a regular basis about that. I also get letters saying that someone is using my Social Security number ..... but of course they won't say who and they won't stop them.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:28 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Reince Prebus said the RNC was not hacked. They had the FBI check it after the DNC got hacked, and they were cleared.
Yeah, I saw that. I"m sure it's absolutely true.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:29 AM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
There is no evidence election being hacked.

Just weather Dem fairytale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies