Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 11:36 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,595,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
Oh please.. toughest women and bravest men, I think thats a little bit OTT The British Monarchy are a disgrace to democracy, and the working people of the UK.

At least your pampered classes earned their wealth. If "Prince" Harry is in Afghanistan then thats great and I would wish him well... along with the thousands of other troops there. Thats what he is trained to do, and thats what he should do. He should be awarded no special gratitude above the other soldiers risking their lives.
I thought you might find your way on to here Ian, and may I say a nifty piece of finger work to edit out your ``If he`s there I`ll eat my hat ``comment .
I came to realise many moons ago that to those who hold opinions of the Monarchy like yourself, the Royals will never do right for doing wrong.
Luckily with every comment anti Royals make, the hole they dig for themselves gets deeper. As has certainly been proved very nicely here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 11:51 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
Whether the war in in Afghanistan is wrong or right, I applaud the fact that a royal prince wants to be treated like any other 'normal' citizen/soldier.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:26 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Do you have any understanding of how the Royal Family sucks the life blood out of the people of the UK, they live in high style while some of their people truly suffer. Their moral code is less then can be attributed to alley cats.

As for the racism in Texas, that statement has been made from a point of someone who has done some research. Check into the number of people who have been wrongfully imprisoned, its MORE likely to happen if your black. The same for people who are sent to death row, more likely to happen if your black. Texas has alot to answer for in that respect, just like the Royal Family has alot to answer for.
Oh, right. Last time I was in England, they heard I was coming so they rounded up all of the toothless, thread-bare beggars and put them in Her Majesty's dungeons so I wouldn't see them. Of course, they made sure the moats were freshly stocked with crocodiles before the drawbridges were raised so that lot couldn't escape.

And before you demonize Texas, you might realize that this is a nationwide problem. Glad you moved out of our state, though. One less bitter person in the population is always a good thing.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Do you have any understanding of how the Royal Family sucks the life blood out of the people of the UK, they live in high style while some of their people truly suffer. Their moral code is less then can be attributed to alley cats.
May I ask where your knowledge of my country was learned??,,,,Charles Dickens novels maybe??

Old 02-29-2008, 01:05 AM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Harry is hot.

I think its very cool that he is serving on the front lines.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:37 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,241,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
I thought you might find your way on to here Ian, and may I say a nifty piece of finger work to edit out your ``If he`s there I`ll eat my hat ``comment .
I came to realise many moons ago that to those who hold opinions of the Monarchy like yourself, the Royals will never do right for doing wrong.
Luckily with every comment anti Royals make, the hole they dig for themselves gets deeper. As has certainly been proved very nicely here...

And what hole is that? I don't think it is 'wrong' for Harry to be in Afghanistan.. in fact I think it is very honorable, but no more so than any other soldier, and the fact is that the public will now hold the royals is such high esteem because he spent 3 months in Afghanistan. Its all about PR.

P.s Queeny opened that centre today, and the security etc was just plain obscene. It actully looked more OTT than when George Bush came to London!

Old 02-29-2008, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
And what hole is that? I don't think it is 'wrong' for Harry to be in Afghanistan.. in fact I think it is very honorable, but no more so than any other soldier, and the fact is that the public will now hold the royals is such high esteem because he spent 3 months in Afghanistan. Its all about PR.

P.s Queeny opened that centre today, and the security etc was just plain obscene. It actully looked more OTT than when George Bush came to London!
Glad you think it`s honourable. Far better than having the `champagne Harry` tag your fellow republicans love so much. As for it being PR he trained for the job, after all that`s what it is , His Job. I can think of far less demanding and dangerous PR stunts. As I said before for the likes of some people the Royals can`t do right for doing wrong. Nothing satisfies them.

As for your grand opening I should think your bosses were far happier with the publicity they recieved from the Queen being there than they would have been from some B list celeb. Obviously they are quite happy to use a Royal for a PR stunt....

Old 02-29-2008, 08:56 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,350,260 times
He's outta there now. I think it was risky to deploy him. If al quaeda got him, you know they would keep him ransom and that would be WW3.
Kudos to all soldiers in afghanistan... it's rough out there.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:02 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
I wonder if the Bush twins will join him?

Old 02-29-2008, 09:06 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I wonder if the Bush twins will join him?
Did you think of that all by yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies