Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 06:16 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama's economy has shifted millions of well paying jobs to Mexico, China, India, Argentina, Vietnam, etc.

As a result there are no jobs for Americans.

The Obama 'Recovery': Number Of Millennials Living At Home With Mom Reaches 75-Year High

Quote:
1. We've now had 78 straight months of economic expansion.

That’s right: For seventy-eight consecutive months, the US economy has gotten progressively better. That includes a new record for consecutive months of private sector job growth. Forbes magazine (which is no fan of President Obama) crunched the numbers and demonstrated how the economic recovery under President Obama has been better in just about every measurable way than the recovery under President Reagan.

2. We are currently enjoying the longest period of private sector job creation in American history.

This statistic also comes from the Forbes magazine article listed above. In fact, we've enjoyed 68 straight months of private sector job creation. That is the longest period of job creation since the Department of Labor has been keeping statistics.

3. Unemployment has dropped from 10.1% in October of 2009 to 4.9% by early 2016.

Not only has the unemployment rate dropped significantly, but since the recession ended, the US economy has gained over twelve million new jobs. (You can refer to the Forbes article above or check the article below.)

It is also worth noting that during the 2012 presidential election, Obama's opponent, Mitt Romney, promised to lower the unemployment rate to 6% by the end of 2016. President Obama succeeded at lowering unemployment to under 6% two full years earlier than Romney had promised.

https://soapboxie.com/us-politics/14...ople-Dont-Know
Why not compare this to where the last republican POTUS left things on his way out. And nothing will compare with the sorry state of affairs that the birther in chief will leave in his wake when he gets done fleecing the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 06:19 PM

57 posts, read 23,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why not compare this to where the last republican POTUS left things on his way out. And nothing will compare with the sorry state of affairs that the birther in chief will leave in his wake when he gets done fleecing the country.
We know..... waaahhhhh its Buuuuusssshhhhhh

Old 12-21-2016, 06:21 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, it isn't fair to only blame Obama.

Both Republicans, and Democrats took part in dismantling our economy.

Hopefully the establishment politicians won't fight Trump on reversing the policies that are destroying our economy. Who am I kidding, of course they will fight Trump every step of the way.
Trump's own appointments are fully on board with the globalist, crony capitalist way of running the economy. Just like Trump. "fighting Trump"? It is the working class people who need to fight Trump every step of the way.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:23 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Of course I understand this, as I am a proud working class American. The direct opposite of a lazy, entitled liberal loser

But for the libturds who have not walked the walk in our shoes, life probably seems picturesque. Unfortunately, Trump is going to lay the smack down on the delicate glass house they have built with welfare, other people's money and entitlement mentality.

2017... Your ass is grass lazy libs
Of course, Trump will also eliminate the safety regulations that keep you safe at work, the disability payments if you are injured, the unemployment insurance if you are laid off, and the environmental regulations that keep your employer from dumping waste chemicals into your water supply.

Minor details.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:23 PM

421 posts, read 205,187 times
The other trend i'm noticing is millennials "mooching" their family member's automobiles. In other words, using their family members as unpaid taxi drivers, without even saying "thank you" or giving a few bucks for gas

I've had my own vehicles/been driving myself around since i was 16, it's not THAT hard even with a part-time income I have a certain aunt who finds herself in the unfortunate position of "unpaid shoeffuer" for her two fully grown, bratty early-20's daughters

If you're not paying for any housing/rent, have at least a part-time job, and have a way to browse Craigslist auto listings, you can have your own car, no excuses! I bought my first high school beater for around $1000, like i said it's not THAT hard boys & girls

My younger 17 y/o brother will soon be in the market for his first car, i'm giving him advice and setting him up such that he won't be "dependent" on anyone else for his transportation

Old 12-21-2016, 06:26 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Trump's own appointments are fully on board with the globalist, crony capitalist way of running the economy. Just like Trump. "fighting Trump"? It is the working class people who need to fight Trump every step of the way.
Some of those working class people will enjoy better opportunities working for companies like US Steel and DOW Chemical. They are among the many corporations that are planning to invest in America again, and create new and better jobs in the process.

Under Obama, working class people had no hope. Wallsteet made out like bandits though. LOL @ hope and change.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:28 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Some of those working class people will enjoy better opportunities working for companies like US Steel and DOW Chemical. They are among the many corporations that are planning to invest in America again, and create new and better jobs in the process.

Under Obama, working class people had no hope. Wallsteet made out like bandits though. LOL @ hope and change.
I have some emails from Nigeria you might be interested in.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:31 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

The dems always avoid talking about the statuatual facts.

Media wages are down

Median income is down

Median net worth is down

Homeownership is at record lows

Private debt is up

Public debt has doubled under Obama

There are a record number of people receiving food stamps

There are a record number of people on welfare

By every measure the average American is worse off under Obama that they were before the recession.

There has been no recovery for the working Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post

That's not what I'm hearing from people of Trump's inner circle, namely Roger Stone, who was absolutely correct about everything he was reporting during the election.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:

Trump has appointed the biggest robber barons to his cabinet. Goldman Sachs fat cats like Mnuchin and Cohn have the most powerful economic positions in Trump's cabinet.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

That's not what I'm hearing from people of Trump's inner circle, namely Roger Stone, who was absolutely correct about everything he was reporting during the election.
Should this Roger Stone guy tell us that it will be 4 brutal years for the working class? What is he supposed to say exactly?

Trump is appointing all the big money donors and special interests to his top positions. These are globalists at heart and have been puppeteers of the previous administrations for decades. Why should these people suddenly change their mind about how they run things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies