Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 09:36 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I guess we all have our own concept of what she meant by deplorable. For me, deplorable represent that segment of our society who resent and fear change, who are nostalgic about the old economy in which folks could earn a respectable income performing low skilled labor and who blame their loss of middle class status on immigrants, rather than their own lack of education. These are the folks who resent education, or learning a viable trade and think if they are willing to put in 40 hours a week anywhere, they should be living the dream. They believe in the past and think Trump can bring back an economy that will never be possible again. Maybe deplorable was extreme; I think naive, scared, and dependent are more accurate. In the end, if Trump doesn't get us in a major war, the educated "elite" as deplorable like to use, will continue to succeed and the Working class who believed Trump will suffer even more. Think about it, what has this man EVER done in his life for anyone but himself?

The dream huh? How about just enough to get by without welfare.

Ever see All in the Family? Archie worked on the docks and lived in a working class neighborhood, representative of the norm at the time. His whiny liberal daughter and meathead son in law lived with him and his wife -surprise, surprise. His neighbor George was black and moved UP and out by building a successful business. George achieved the dream, Archie had just enough and worked hard for it. That IS not asking TOO much, except liberals standard now is based upon third world countries standards. You guys love sweat shops and comparing the US working class to the worst countries that don't care about human rights and make workers suffer.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:36 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James1202 View Post
I do know it was a scripted remark. It was ill-advised for a number of reasons:

1) it was out of character for her,
lolol. It's worse than I thought. It's completely, 100% her nasty character.

And boy, oh boy, does she hate women. She was the first political figure to publicly call women BIMBOS.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:39 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runie View Post
I was just thinking back to Mrs. Clinton's statement (and usually it's Mr. Trump with the name calling), and I think calling supporters of her opponent "deplorable" was very ill-advised and foolish for a presidential hopeful who would eventually be president of the entire nation. If I were a Trump supporter I would surely be insulted and unforgiving of such a label.

Do you think this insult to Trump supporters was planned or was it merely a slip of the tongue? In any case, in my mind, this was one of the final straws that broke the camel's back.
she defined what a deplorable was, do you fit that definition and if so, why are you offended for being called exactly what you are ?

If you do not, then why are you mad that she called out people who I would suspect even you deem as horrible, even Trump called out the Alt Right.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:46 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Exactly! It boggles my mind why so many people, not just liberals but also conservatives, don't see this.

Not to mention even if it was possible for every single person to have a Bachelor's degree (not an Associates Degree because an Associates Degree would become worthless), then the value of a Bachelor's degree would plummet. People would be forced to go to their Doctorates just to stand out.

But that assumes there would even be enough jobs for them. With a government that does not care, unlike most major countries in the World, even white collar jobs may be in danger.
We are already seeing where people need a Masters . A bachelors unless it's in certain majors doesn't really stand out more than a high school diploma .
Many would likely be better off working 4 years out of high school in an entry level position that has room for growth .
there is big money supporting the higher education complex .

Its not for everyone but people are made to feel like they are dumb if they don't go to college .
I've met many smart individuals that don't hold degrees .

Old 12-22-2016, 09:50 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Clinton proved that deplorables are STRONGER TOGETHER
Lol

I doubt it was a slip . This is a woman that needed a team of staffers and hours to come up with a TWEET response to Rubio !
Everything was perfectly planned with her .
She thought it would be a big win for her
It was also about money. Money was always the key; the more you had the greater the odds of your success in any election. Hillary spent $1.2 billon and that was not counting the media that blasted Trump 24/7. Of course Trump also used the media for name recognition; but he spent far less than Hillary. I have to wonder how many other Presidents have won the election while spending far less than their opponent? It does go to show you that money does not always buy happiness!

Old 12-22-2016, 09:57 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
she defined what a deplorable was, do you fit that definition and if so, why are you offended for being called exactly what you are ?

If you do not, then why are you mad that she called out people who I would suspect even you deem as horrible, even Trump called out the Alt Right.
She used a term that already had a definition, she doesn't get to define anything.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:03 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
The left thinks ALL Trump supporters are deplorable. That is one yuuuge basket.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The problem with the economy ("It's the economy, stupid") is Archie and Edith are retired and trying to survive on Archie's Longshoreman's pension and Social Security while their daughter and son in law are still working menial jobs because they never could afford an education. Their kids are facing an economically disastrous future under the control of the Extreme Right wing cheapskates that Trump is appointing.

It is not completely the blame of the Republicans as some of the almost really rich Democrats spent more time pleasing their donors and social equals than working for the Bunkers that were the core of the Democratic party.

So it turned out that the pseudo Liberals of the Clinton Cabal that sold out the Democratic Party 30 years ago have become, in their own words, the deplorable people. If the Democratic Party has a hope of surviving it must find some 40 to 50 year old leaders that will place the American workers of any race creed or color at the center of their politics even if it means cutting the ties of contributions from the really rich. As the song said, "a well fed rebel just don't look right."

Old 12-22-2016, 10:36 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The problem with the economy ("It's the economy, stupid") is Archie and Edith are retired and trying to survive on Archie's Longshoreman's pension and Social Security while their daughter and son in law are still working menial jobs because they never could afford an education. Their kids are facing an economically disastrous future under the control of the Extreme Right wing cheapskates that Trump is appointing.

It is not completely the blame of the Republicans as some of the almost really rich Democrats spent more time pleasing their donors and social equals than working for the Bunkers that were the core of the Democratic party.

So it turned out that the pseudo Liberals of the Clinton Cabal that sold out the Democratic Party 30 years ago have become, in their own words, the deplorable people. If the Democratic Party has a hope of surviving it must find some 40 to 50 year old leaders that will place the American workers of any race creed or color at the center of their politics even if it means cutting the ties of contributions from the really rich. As the song said, "a well fed rebel just don't look right."
That would require them to stop playing identity politics though and also to stop pandering to illegals.
That's their main focus now , not the economy .

Old 12-22-2016, 10:50 AM

207 posts, read 507,659 times
Deplorable was the message Michelle Obama gave to Oprah in her last interview before leaving the white house. What kind of first lady tells the world there is no hope? It's arrogant, big-headed and delusional. So when Obama was in the white house we had hope, but now that her party loss and they're ending their term, there is no hope? Maybe in her inner circle, but to many finally after 8 years THERE IS HOPE!! The sad thing about her message is, even if she truly believes it in her heart that there is no hope, shouldn't she as first lady deliver a hopeful message to lift up the people of her country? That's what a dignified, intelligent and wise first lady would have done in that very important role. Nope Michelle unfortunately will leave on a very sour note, Obama with his legacy of failures including the obliteration of the Democratic party losing over 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats! Talk about obliteration!! I can't wait for the Obama's to leave the white house. Jan. 20 can't come fast enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies