Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 07:21 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I just hope you use the same standard and restart these posts next year when nothing changes...Trumps Legacy. Also today, snow storm in the midwest...Obama's Legacy..
Hmm. Trump was never a community agitator in Chicago like Obama.

Trump did however build a tower in Chicago and provide many with jobs. I'm betting that none employed on that project were involved with those shootings.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:27 AM

57,347 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. Trump was never a community agitator in Chicago like Obama.

Trump did however build a tower in Chicago and provide many with jobs. I'm betting that none employed on that project were involved with those shootings.
No he never had political office, he is about to find out that building a tower is much easier than eliminating gangs in inner city neighborhoods. I know you will be consistent with your criticism of murders in our ciities next year because you are a fair person

Old 12-26-2016, 07:27 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
LOL... wonder what the excuse will be once he is sworn in? He hasn't been in office 100 days yet... he hasn't moved his family into the WH yet... he hasn't <fill in the blank> yet....
Well, if the D's are consistent, they'll blame any Trump failures on the same thing they blamed for Obama's failures --- Bush.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:28 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,890,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
If none were shot by cops, they don't matter.

Sincerely,

BLM

Its a true shame that this issue has to be driven with a Officer related shooting. The Fact is the DNC has deserted the Black Community and has taxed business right out the city.

The lost of human life should force average citizens to take measure to hold their leaders accountable.

What is interesting is we do not see Former President Obama moving back to the windy city?

Old 12-26-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No he never had political office, he is about to find out that building a tower is much easier than eliminating gangs in inner city neighborhoods. I know you will be consistent with your criticism of murders in our ciities next year because you are a fair person
I certainly will be. Remember I voted for Obama. That doesn't stop me from being blind to his failures.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,780,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
When the federal government starts running local police forces, then the President becomes responsible. Otherwise, Mayor Emmanuel, Mayor DeBlasio and others would remain accountable.
Mandatory Minimum Sentencing, especially for violent criminal convictions and early parole are state issues, and contribute to future violence.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:50 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Quote:
LOL. Trump isn't President yet.
What part of "over the next 4 years" confused you?

BTW, you should remind yourself Trump isn't POTUS yet when you attempt crediting him with things he had nothing to do with, like a Chinese businessman's decision to bring his manufacturing to the US, a decison made 3 years ago.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:53 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,655,721 times
Put a fence up around some of these neighborhoods and hang a "JAIL" sign on it. All of Chicago can't be like this; where is the will of other residents to address this (and related) issue(s)? Even if they don't care about "those other" neighborhoods, their whole City is being tarred by this type of criminality; that has got to affect aspects of every resident's life.

I'm not saying this is unique to Chicago - there are other areas with the same types of issues - but they have gotten to be the poster-child for unencumbered murder.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What part of "over the next 4 years" confused you?..
What part confused you? The topic is about Obama.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:08 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,145,354 times
Quote:
This takes place in Obama's city, a city where his first Chief of Staff is now Mayor. 8 years on and Obama has no accomplishments.

27 shot and 7 Dead in Chicago over the weekend.

Homicides up 56% over the past year.

At least 27 people were shot within 48 hours in Chicago over the Christmas weekend | Daily Mail Online
Whatthe hell does Obama have to do with gangbangers and thugs shooting each other, people will continue to get shot and killed in Chicago or any other poor innercity neighborhoods regardless or who is president, because gangbangers/thugs DO NOT follow the law or care about it.

They will only do something drastic in Chicago when the gang war spreads into downtown Chicago around the tourist or into the nicer Northside neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies