Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 05:32 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times

Advertisements

Bourdain again (who cares what 'celebrities' spout off though, right?).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anthony-b...151215285.html

Quote:
“I’ve spent a lot of time in gun-country, God-fearing America,” Bourdain continued. “There are a hell of a lot of nice people out there, who are doing what everyone else in this world is trying to do: the best they can to get by and take care of themselves and the people they love. When we deny them their basic humanity and legitimacy of their views, however different they may be than ours, when we mock them at every turn and treat them with contempt, we do no one any good.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 05:37 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,553,659 times
No liberal I know "mocks" or "treats with contempt" working class America. This is just another stupid anti-liberal meme making the rounds. You know who does, though? Wall Street and Donald Trump and his new cabinet of 1%-ers. They're laughing all the way to the bank at the working-class Trump supporters who actually thought that Trump was an "outsider" who would "drain the swamp" of East Coast "elites."

Old 12-30-2016, 05:45 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
No liberal I know "mocks" or "treats with contempt" working class America. This is just another stupid anti-liberal meme making the rounds. You know who does, though? Wall Street and Donald Trump and his new cabinet of 1%-ers. They're laughing all the way to the bank at the working-class Trump supporters who actually thought that Trump was an "outsider" who would "drain the swamp" of East Coast "elites."
Hillary did. She took Wisconsin and Michigan for granted.

Look what happened to that arrogance.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:46 PM

29,832 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Sorry, $hillary was the Wallstreet darling, not Trump. The establishment base is repulsed by Trump. Americans rejected the globalist scheme that the losercrats were peddling, and the Wallstreet bankster thugs getting rich at our expense.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:56 PM

45,432 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
You mean you actually like those trailer park dwelling, meth using, toothless, sister humping, high school dropping out, sleeveless t-shirt wearing, racist, homophobic, misogynist working class folk who live in worthless red states.

Can't tell reading some of the posters here who've said all of the above and more. In fact I seem to remember you saying similar things. I'd classify it as "contempt", but that's just me.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Sorry, $hillary was the Wallstreet darling, not Trump. The establishment base is repulsed by Trump. Americans rejected the globalist scheme that the losercrats were peddling, and the Wallstreet bankster thugs getting rich at our expense.
Talk about living in an alternative reality. Who has Trump picked as his cabinet? Wall Street bankster thugs. And hate to tell you, but nobody's more "globalist" than Trump.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:00 PM

289 posts, read 145,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome;46666534[B
]No liberal I know "mocks" or "treats with contempt" working class America. This is just another stupid anti-liberal meme making the rounds.[/b] You know who does, though? Wall Street and Donald Trump and his new cabinet of 1%-ers. They're laughing all the way to the bank at the working-class Trump supporters who actually thought that Trump was an "outsider" who would "drain the swamp" of East Coast "elites."
You must not read this forum or any news articles ...

Old 12-30-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You mean you actually like those trailer park dwelling, meth using, toothless, sister humping, high school dropping out, sleeveless t-shirt wearing, racist, homophobic, misogynist working class folk who live in worthless red states.

Can't tell reading some of the posters here who've said all of the above and more. I'd classify it as "contempt", but that's just me.
Yes, some working-class people live like that, even if not every working class person does. Facts are facts. Who else lives in trailer parks? Who else is uneducated enough to actually believe that Donald Trump, of all people, is somehow the saviour of America's working class? I mean, you have to be either seriously deluded or simply stupid to buy that ticket.

As for "red states": blue states subsidize them. Another inconvenient fact. Why do you think that is?

Old 12-30-2016, 06:03 PM

289 posts, read 145,871 times
Quote:
Yes, some working-class people live like that, even if not every working class person does. Facts are facts. Who else lives in trailer parks? Who else is uneducated enough to actually believe that Donald Trump, of all people, is somehow the saviour of America's working class? I mean, you have to be either seriously deluded or simply stupid to buy that ticket.

As for "red states": blue states subsidize them. Another inconvenient fact. Why do you think that is?
And there we have it. Might want to take a look at yourself, buddy.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:04 PM

29,832 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Talk about living in an alternative reality. Who has Trump picked as his cabinet? Wall Street bankster thugs. And hate to tell you, but nobody's more "globalist" than Trump.
Sorry, but your precious Wallstreet came out in overwhelming support of Hillary. They practically paid for her campaign.

America triumphs over crooked $hillary and her globalist backers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies