Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2018, 07:26 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times

Advertisements

Trump has given up on healthcare. It's a lost cause for the GOP. The truth of their voting record coming back to hurt them.

Trump and his GOP are against protecting people with pre-existing conditions. They have opened up policies which will not cover them.
Problem is pre-existing conditions can be claimed to be hereditary. The detailed family histories you have given to your Dr's and Insurance Co. do not go away. They will follow you around.
That was why we all need protection from Ins. Companies and their history of not paying bills for pre-existing conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 07:36 AM

673 posts, read 466,217 times
More lies from the lyin' left

Old 11-03-2018, 07:39 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
More lies from the lyin' left
True. They remind me of when Dracula cringed from the cross, the dems cringe from the truth.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:15 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Yep, just more lies and fear mongering by the left. Anyone with half a brain would know that no politician or party would vote to end care for the elderly, disabled, etc. Medicare and other health programs may undergo some changes but it's not going to end healthcare for the above. Only idiots with an agenda would make such stupid claims.

I refer to the leftist ad awhile where the Republicans were supposedly pushing granny over a cliff in a wheel chair. Who did they think they were kidding?

Old 11-03-2018, 09:32 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yep, just more lies and fear mongering by the left. Anyone with half a brain would know that no politician or party would vote to end care for the elderly, disabled, etc. Medicare and other health programs may undergo some changes but it's not going to end healthcare for the above. Only idiots with an agenda would make such stupid claims.

I refer to the leftist ad awhile where the Republicans were supposedly pushing granny over a cliff in a wheel chair. Who did they think they were kidding?
So McConnell and Ryan and all the rest are lying to us?

I mean - it's one thing to make a claim about some individual somewhere, but when the very top leaders of the Party clearly say they now need to cut all these things because of Corporate Tax Cuts deficits, that speaks louder than your opinion.

It's fact. Not opinion. In many states where the GOP controlled things they refused to provide LESS care for the elderly and disabled. Fact.

In Florida, Rick Scott and others allowed "service" companies faking as insurance companies to sell ANY policies to elders. I know - my MIL has one! Many states do not allow unregulated insurance, but Florida does (it's not insurance - just 4 people in an office with no money)....

Facts and actual actions get in the way of your talking points. Remember the Republican audience shouting "Let em Die"?? Did I make that up? I heard it with my own ears and it was not one or two people...it was the feeling of the crowd and of many all over the country watching.

Try as you may, you cannot come up anything that does not show Team Blue is MUCH better when it comes to protecting and believing in a Right to Health Care. I could write a book but anyone who has looked knows.

MA. and HI. have the highest insured rate. Texas, a wealthy state, the lowest.

Blue states expanded medicare and medicaid. Many red states decided they wouldn't even take money from the Fed. Government to help their populations.

If we don't accept the basic truths, there is really no point in debate. The Right believes in Capitalist Health Care - predatory and as expensive as possible (more profits). People do not matter.

Unlike many here I believe in some kind of accuracy...that is, Republicans don't want to do away with these programs immediately. They just want to cut them and give away the money used to fund them to Corporations.....until they die on the vine.

"House GOP 2019 budget calls for deep Medicare, Medicaid spending cuts"
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3...-spending-cuts

"House Republicans offered a budget proposal on Tuesday that would cut mandatory spending by $5.4 trillion over a decade, including $537 billion in cuts to Medicare and $1.5 trillion in cuts to Medicaid and other health programs."

A surging and aging population - and massive cuts equals what? It equals the correctness of the opinion that Republicans want Grandma and our disabled to pay the price while bigwigs enjoy some tax cuts they don't need and often didn't ask for. Period.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:45 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Republicans have made their position very clear. Yes, they will try to cut Medicare and Medicaid and social security because the Republicans love to accuse the Democrats of being big spenders but look at the facts. Republicans have run up the debt more then they blame the Democrats when they get in office. They are the ultimate hypocrites.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:21 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So McConnell and Ryan and all the rest are lying to us?

I mean - it's one thing to make a claim about some individual somewhere, but when the very top leaders of the Party clearly say they now need to cut all these things because of Corporate Tax Cuts deficits, that speaks louder than your opinion.

It's fact. Not opinion. In many states where the GOP controlled things they refused to provide LESS care for the elderly and disabled. Fact.

In Florida, Rick Scott and others allowed "service" companies faking as insurance companies to sell ANY policies to elders. I know - my MIL has one! Many states do not allow unregulated insurance, but Florida does (it's not insurance - just 4 people in an office with no money)....

Facts and actual actions get in the way of your talking points. Remember the Republican audience shouting "Let em Die"?? Did I make that up? I heard it with my own ears and it was not one or two people...it was the feeling of the crowd and of many all over the country watching.

Try as you may, you cannot come up anything that does not show Team Blue is MUCH better when it comes to protecting and believing in a Right to Health Care. I could write a book but anyone who has looked knows.

MA. and HI. have the highest insured rate. Texas, a wealthy state, the lowest.

Blue states expanded medicare and medicaid. Many red states decided they wouldn't even take money from the Fed. Government to help their populations.

If we don't accept the basic truths, there is really no point in debate. The Right believes in Capitalist Health Care - predatory and as expensive as possible (more profits). People do not matter.

Unlike many here I believe in some kind of accuracy...that is, Republicans don't want to do away with these programs immediately. They just want to cut them and give away the money used to fund them to Corporations.....until they die on the vine.

"House GOP 2019 budget calls for deep Medicare, Medicaid spending cuts"
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3...-spending-cuts

"House Republicans offered a budget proposal on Tuesday that would cut mandatory spending by $5.4 trillion over a decade, including $537 billion in cuts to Medicare and $1.5 trillion in cuts to Medicaid and other health programs."

A surging and aging population - and massive cuts equals what? It equals the correctness of the opinion that Republicans want Grandma and our disabled to pay the price while bigwigs enjoy some tax cuts they don't need and often didn't ask for. Period.
+1

Old 11-03-2018, 02:34 PM

673 posts, read 466,217 times
No, the Republicans will not be doing any of the lies the lying left states. It won't happen except the disaster that is ho'bama care. Gwad what a mess. It will be fixed

Obama care works..... even when you don't

Old 11-04-2018, 03:27 AM

35,074 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Trump and GOP eager to kill Medicare and end health care for 22 million seniors/ disabled (Congressmen, minimum wage)
Are the opponents of this putative effort willing to fund "Medicare and end health care for 22 million seniors/ disabled"out of their collective pockets? Or are they looking to other people's money to do that?

Old 11-04-2018, 12:44 PM

7,778 posts, read 6,390,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
They must be so proud of themselves.

http://www.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_...b014e7c72ee032
Are you able to believe anything posted in the Huffpost????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies