Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 01:09 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times

Advertisements

Told told about the most inept President in US History.
The great “stimulus” heist: Obama seems to think nobody will remember he grabbed almost a trillion dollars for “stimulus” spending, created virtually zero private-sector jobs with it, allowed a great deal of the money to vanish into thin air, and spent the rest of his presidency complaining that he needed hundreds of billions more to repair roads and bridges.

Vast sums of taxpayer money were wasted on foolish projects that came close to the Keynesian economic satire of hiring some people to dig holes, and others to fill them in.

Here in Charlotte, money was given to a company that made hybrid city buses. Obama came to town for many photo ops with owners and a few workers. This company later went bankrupt and out of business. Oh, and this company's former lawyer is now Obama's Secretary of Transportation.

18 Major Scandals in Obama's Scandal-Free Presidency
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 01:13 AM

979 posts, read 491,154 times
Each state was responsible for how they spend the stimulus money that was given to them, don't like how it was spent in North Carolina, then blame the politicians in North Carolina for squandering the money.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:15 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,122,865 times
The IRS scandal was the worst. Absolutely disgusting.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Each state was responsible for how they spend the stimulus money that was given to them, don't like how it was spent in North Carolina, then blame the politicians in North Carolina for squandering the money.
Hmm. Nope.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. Nope.
Wrong. I guess you weren't paying attention when the stimulus money was being handed out....either that or you can't bring yourself to blame the very Republicans you elected in your state that has screwed it up so badly.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Wrong. I guess you weren't paying attention when the stimulus money was being handed out....either that or you can't bring yourself to blame the very Republicans you elected in your state that has screwed it up so badly.
North Carolina did not have a say in that money going to Design Line. If you can prove otherwise, then please do so.

Furthermore please read the link in the OP. It's obvious that you did not do so.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
North Carolina did not have a say in that money going to Design Line. If you can prove otherwise, then please do so.

Furthermore please read the link in the OP. It's obvious that you did not do so.
Feel free to prove that they did not have a say in where that money went....I would love to see your source for that claim. I do know that my state received stimulus money as well and spent it on important projects for the state. Shame your state wasn't capable of doing the same.

Oh and I did read the link, it was entertaining like all the other right wing biased stuff you like to post.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Feel free to prove that they did not have a say in where that money went....I would love to see your source for that claim. I do know that my state received stimulus money as well and spent it on important projects for the state. Shame your state wasn't capable of doing the same.

Oh and I did read the link, it was entertaining like all the other right wing biased stuff you like to post.
It's your assertion. Since you can't prove it, then it's false.

More about Design Line which Obama touted as an example of how his stimulus was good for America.

Charlotte airport sells off its troubled DesignLine shuttle buses | The Charlotte Observer

Old 01-03-2017, 04:15 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Like I'm going to click on a link from Breitbart of all places? IDFTS

Old 01-03-2017, 05:05 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Without question the worst scandal for Obama was the Hillary espionage coverup.

Obama's Department of Justice was nothing short of atrocious, and will go down in history as the most corrupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies