Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 09:54 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Trump's position on the first amendment (he would like to gut it) should have any true libertarian reaching for a crucifix and garlic.
Honestly, I don't know if that's his position. How would I know? Honestly, how would anyone know?

However, if this is his position, I don't know why some folks would be surprised, particularly those who feel government is just business & we're all better off when it's run that way.

Wasn't one of the ideas that propelled Mr. Trump into the Presidential seat the idea he was such a great businessmen ?

Even if that was the only criterion (good at business), wasn't his MO to prevent a proper vetting?

If he is to be the de facto 'CEO' of the USA, what are his responsibilities in re: to the American people?

Are we the people now to be considered his employees?

What are the first amendment rights of employees? As per the ideology the owner of the business holds all the cards.

Did we the people just get 'owned'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 09:57 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Just get owned? That is funny. Those in power are the masters not the servants.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:58 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Resistance to what, Trump has not done anything yet but talk? This is just more noise from people trying to guess what they think Trump might sign into law as president, and imagining the worst possible scenarios, so they can appear relevant as they oppose them.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:01 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Honestly, I don't know if that's his position. How would I know? Honestly, how would anyone know?

However, if this is his position, I don't know why some folks would be surprised, particularly those who feel government is just business & we're all better off when it's run that way.

Wasn't one of the ideas that propelled Mr. Trump into the Presidential seat the idea he was such a great businessmen ?

Even if that was the only criterion (good at business), wasn't his MO to prevent a proper vetting?

If he is to be the de facto 'CEO' of the USA, what are his responsibilities in re: to the American people?

Are we the people now to be considered his employees?

What are the first amendment rights of employees? As per the ideology the owner of the business holds all the cards.

He has stated clearly that he believes that libel laws should be loosened so as to make it easier to sue people (presumably people that criticize Donald Trump).

Old 01-04-2017, 10:03 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
He has stated clearly that he believes that libel laws should be loosened so as to make it easier to sue people (presumably people that criticize Donald Trump).
Are you surprised?

Old 01-04-2017, 10:24 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
LMAO.....this should be fun. People more insignificant than democrats think they are going to stop Trump. LOL
Wanted to note that I know a lot of Libertarian (they say) leaning people who supported Trump who are already disappointed with some things he is speaking about conceding about. Most so-called Libertarians IMO are just Republicans who don't want to admit that they are.

On the Democrats I think they will make a comeback similar to the Republicans did. People always talk this "defeated" and "out of touch" and "insignifcant" language after a party loses big in an election. The same was said in 2008 with Obama and the GOP came back and retook the White House and all other branches of government this past year. It wouldn't be surprising if the Dems came back in the same way. Politics is wishy washy in that way.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:31 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nope.

Too many of the establishment GOP lean libertarian themselves.

The GOP don't really like Trump, not most of them.

In fact, not many people actually like him at all. I doubt they ever have.

A billionaire would've married better if people liked him.

He talks about all the ***** he's grabbed and yet he cannot seem to get any wives but ones who barely speak English, have no actual careers/degrees, or both.

You don't see other popular, wealthy men married off to mail-order brides.

This tells me that he's just not really likable and people would not hang around him if he didn't have money.

Delusional.

Amal Alamuddin
Vanessa Paradis
Camila Alves
Anastassija Makarenko

Those not particularly American wives and love intrest are associated with George Clooney, Johhny Depp , Mickey Rourke , and Matthew Mcconaughey.

That is just a few men who could pick the women they wanted. American women , as whole, are not particularly in demand. The feed back I have gotten from foreign men is not particularly good either.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:24 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Are you surprised?
No. Why would I be?

Old 01-04-2017, 01:27 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Do you get paid by the post??? When doe's school start out there? Christmas break should be over

Old 01-04-2017, 01:31 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Too bad they didn't put any energy behind resisting Obama. He was the real enemy of our Republic. Trump is the man who will restore it, and so far, things are looking good, even before he has taken office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies