Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 01:33 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
LMAO.....this should be fun. People more insignificant than democrats think they are going to stop Trump. LOL
This is nonsense!

I'm a dues paying Libertarian and most of the ones I know voted for Trump. Though I voted for Johnson (as a conscientious alternative to a billionaire and a criminal) the billionaire is light years better than the criminal. Bring on the Constitutional Conservative judges to fill more than 100 chairs.

We Libertarians are mostly on Trump's bandwagon, no matter how the left spin their yarns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 01:36 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Not stop but moderate-mitigate to look at things in a more pro liberty, less government standpoint. For years the major difference in use of the federal government between R and D was the latter. Both increased government scope.
So, let me get this straight: You don't think cutting back on regulations and voiding Obama's executive orders is pro-liberty? I think reducing the size of government is exactly what Trump has said he intends to do. What don't you like about that?

Old 01-04-2017, 01:36 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
I consider myself more Libertarian than anything, and although I'm skeptical of Trump (just as I was of Hillary) I'm willing to give him a chance to see if he can make some significant change to what I consider an over reaching and under productive Federal Government.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:39 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This is nonsense!

I'm a dues paying Libertarian and most of the ones I know voted for Trump. Though I voted for Johnson (as a conscientious alternative to a billionaire and a criminal) the billionaire is light years better than the criminal. Bring on the Constitutional Conservative judges to fill more than 100 chairs.

We Libertarians are mostly on Trump's bandwagon, no matter how the left spin their yarns.
Trump is an authoritarian crony capitalist.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:43 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
How many libertarians support the use of civil forfeitures? Something Trump's choice for attorney general is a strong proponent of. How many libertarians support unrestricted government use of imminent domain? How many libertarians support weakening the first amendment so that politicians can sue people that criticize them? How many libertarians think women should be punished for having an abortion? How many libertarians think authoritarian autocrat Vladimir Putin is a good guy. How many...well, you get the idea.

Last edited by r small; 01-04-2017 at 01:52 PM..

Old 01-04-2017, 01:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
This is nonsense!

I'm a dues paying Libertarian and most of the ones I know voted for Trump.
Few I know did. I know quite a few.

(my pictures)

Libertarian Convention - Album on Imgur

Quote:
Though I voted for Johnson (as a conscientious alternative to a billionaire and a criminal) the billionaire is light years better than the criminal. Bring on the Constitutional Conservative judges to fill more than 100 chairs.

I believe you are exaggerating. At best.....

Old 01-04-2017, 01:45 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Wanted to note that I know a lot of Libertarian (they say) leaning people who supported Trump who are already disappointed with some things he is speaking about conceding about. Most so-called Libertarians IMO are just Republicans who don't want to admit that they are.

On the Democrats I think they will make a comeback similar to the Republicans did. People always talk this "defeated" and "out of touch" and "insignifcant" language after a party loses big in an election. The same was said in 2008 with Obama and the GOP came back and retook the White House and all other branches of government this past year. It wouldn't be surprising if the Dems came back in the same way. Politics is wishy washy in that way.
So far, Trump isn't "conceding" on any of his promises. Where are you getting that from, MSNBC? Realize that the left-wing media is doing everything it can to discredit Trump, even before he takes office. They are criticizing things he hasn't said he is going to do, and they are criticizing things he has said he will do before they even know the details. They say he has no plan for repealing and replacing Obamacare, but that's not true because I read (I think it was from Heritage foundation) that they have been working on a plan for months that will not leave anyone without insurance when they repeal Obamacare. They know what needs to be done, and they have worked out the details. If you listen to the mainstream media, you'd think they were just going to pull the plug with no plan for a transition.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:50 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
As a libertarian I believe Trump is a greater lesser evil than the typical Republican. Still better than pretty much any Democrat largely due to judicial appointments and regulatory matters. Trade is his weak point, a serious concern.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:56 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
This is nonsense!

The Libertarians I am acquainted with in person and on-line do not see much correlation between Trump and their values.

I believe that part of the reason might be is that they tend to clear thinking individuals who value facts, logic, and reasoning whereas Trump and many on this forum resort constantly to name calling, and spreading misinformation.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:03 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So far, Trump isn't "conceding" on any of his promises. Where are you getting that from, MSNBC? Realize that the left-wing media is doing everything it can to discredit Trump, even before he takes office. They are criticizing things he hasn't said he is going to do, and they are criticizing things he has said he will do before they even know the details. They say he has no plan for repealing and replacing Obamacare, but that's not true because I read (I think it was from Heritage foundation) that they have been working on a plan for months that will not leave anyone without insurance when they repeal Obamacare. They know what needs to be done, and they have worked out the details. If you listen to the mainstream media, you'd think they were just going to pull the plug with no plan for a transition.
On the bold, I "get" that from my Libertarian associates. I don't keep up with Trump much. He isn't president yet. Once he is, then I'll pay attention to what he is doing. Also, I don't have cable so don't watch MSNBC and I don't think that cable news is reliable or worthy of being watched and that too many people watch it and are dumb enough to buy into other people's opinions as being real "news."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies