Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2017, 07:56 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,773,631 times

Advertisements

This story is now at the top of Google News. Even NPR is reporting it, and including the relevant facts. This seems like a watershed moment for the American media. Did word go out that an effort must be made to restore credibility?

4 People In Custody In Chicago Over Beating Live-Streamed On Facebook : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 01-05-2017, 07:58 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,643,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Without that gun you'd probably **** your pants.

This is obviously an isolated incident & these knuckleheads with go to jail.

But I hate how this is going to be some sort of official sanctioned torture by black people. 1 of our actions speak for all of us. Thus all the open racism in response.

People are posting this not to say "oh my God how horrible."

But

"See?"

True, but it's the same when it comes to cops. It's never a small percentage, it's just 'cops'.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:00 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,458,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, I know there are many Blacks outraged by this. I went to the comments section on facebook. Saw plenty of Black people calling those perps for what they are, thugs. Don't believe, go to FOX32 Chicago's facebook page for yourself.

These thugs didn't have to be ratted out. They ratted themselves out with that video.
I'm sure they did. It's embarrassing and horrific. I'm sure most people of any color would find this disgusting. That kid was like a mouse in a cage and had no way of defense.
The media is really to blame for the reputation black groups have been getting. The media is trying hard to create divide because it brings them a profit. But in reality, most people, regardless of color find most all of these types of crime done on black or white people horrible.

I watch the news and then actually talk to most people in real life and the two rarely match up. The news business is to skew real news so it attracts the most attention and gives high ratings. I try not to buy into it anymore.

Disability in this country is overlooked. Those kids really need some help.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:03 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,458,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This story is now at the top of Google News. Even NPR is reporting it, and including the relevant facts. This seems like a watershed moment for the American media. Did word go out that an effort must be made to restore credibility?

4 People In Custody In Chicago Over Beating Live-Streamed On Facebook : The Two-Way : NPR
It would be silly for them to ignore any good ratings piece. They will love the divide this will cause and use it to their full advantage. They'd like nothing more than a good race riot to cover. They love it when people hate each other. It's job security.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:09 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,182,299 times
All four of them can go straight to hell.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:16 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,403,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
This is obviously a hate crime. The perpetrators will be convicted. No one is defending the criminals.

That said, the right is practically salivating over it. They're using it to fuel their racist agenda. You can see it right here in this thread. I could see it on Twitter where it's been labeled the BLM kidnapping even though it is in no way related to BLM. Truly deplorable.
When the Left has a grievance, it's a righteous time to demand justice, pass legislation, and if they don't get there way then riot. When the Right has a grievance, it's apparently time to be cautious of having it fuel their agenda.

As if the world needs to be told this at this point: the political morality of the Left betrays its origins in hell.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:19 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,643,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
There is a false narrative in the US that minorities "suffer violence" at the hands of "white people" in this country.

This is DEMONSTRABLY false. Interracial crime - and especially interracial rape - disproportionately flow in one direction for the past... oh... 40+ years or so, and it's not the direction that the media, BLM and social science theories will have you believe.

Even amongst CONFIRMED hate crimes (for which there is the perception is that POC are let off the hook vs. whites), there is disproportion:

In 2011, the races of the 5,731 known hate crime offenders were as follows:

59.0 percent were white.
20.9 percent were black.
7.1 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (multiple races, group).
1.4 percent were Asian/Pacific Islander.
0.8 percent were American Indian/Alaskan Native.
10.8 percent were unknown.

There is no politician or commentator that has the balls to point this out. Want to know who holds power over you? Find out who you're not allowed to criticize or laugh at.

In the end, I don't want to even talk about it because I know and love more than my share of POC. But I will talk about it so long as the meta-narrative in this country continues to be that WHITE PEOPLE perpetuate and visit violence on blacks in any disproportionate manner.
And this is exactly why they should do away with the hate crime law, since it's so one-sided.

People actually believe these are legit numbers and not a result of white people being attacked by POC seldom being considered a hate crime.

And ya gotta love the people who watched 7 whole minutes and then play lawyer with their posts. Newsflash: You don't know the law - you just don't like white people.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-05-2017 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 01-05-2017, 08:24 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,983,858 times
I am absolutely sickened by this. My heart breaks for that poor boy. Those four animals are less than human and nothing short of monsters. Sadly, I bet, many of their "friends" probably watched the live feed and thought it was funny. What kind of people are we raising? No compassion, no morals, no remorse.. a bunch of self absorbed sociopaths..

Old 01-05-2017, 08:28 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,403,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
It's an issue of male violence. Period. This video merely sheds light on the fact that men --- black, white, yellow, red, brown -- as a population, are so violent. Whether or not the media possibly "ignores" this particular incident because the perpetrators happen to be black is only a symptom of the much larger problem, which is that SOCIETY worldwide turn a blind eye, and, indeed, tacitly accepts, high rates of violence committed by men of ALL races. Boys will be boys.

Address the REAL problem. Stop complaining about your neighbors while you ignore the big, fat, ugly elephant rampaging through your living room.
1. You don't want to go down the road of gender differentiated social and biological flaws. That won't end well for your argument.

2. You also don't want to go down the road of making the argument that white males are statistically indistinguishable from black males. That also won't end well for your argument nor for keeping a measure of order in this racially tinged discussion.

In essence, straw man argument are always, by definition, built on foundations of sand. Unless you are equipped to defend that sand, which you obviously are not in this example, then I propose that you should think twice before making the argument.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:28 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,617,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Liberal media won't report it. It does not benefit them. What about that professor that tweeted saying that white people should be exterminated.
(Insert sarcasm here
That's because he has the right to say whatever he wants to, it's his right to free speech.
But let a WHITE guy say that about a black guy, and all hell's let out of the bag!

In my opinion, either scenario shows the person saying those things is a racist, plain and simple.
It matters not, what color the person that says them is - they're racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.