Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2017, 08:30 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,448,018 times

Advertisements

House GOP appallingly votes to conceal cost of Obamacare repeal to taxpayers - Shareblue

Congressmen inserted language to specifically exclude the ACA repeal from their usual 10-year fiscal assessment done by the Congressional Budget Office. In 2015 they projected it would increase the deficit by $353 billion.

What do you think they're trying to hide? I think they've all ran their elections on the lie that they're going to save us money and they don't want the embarrassment of being proven wrong.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
House GOP appallingly votes to conceal cost of Obamacare repeal to taxpayers - Shareblue

Congressmen inserted language to specifically exclude the ACA repeal from their usual 10-year fiscal assessment done by the Congressional Budget Office. In 2015 they projected it would increase the deficit by $353 billion.

What do you think they're trying to hide? I think they've all ran their elections on the lie that they're going to save us money and they don't want the embarrassment of being proven wrong.
Well, being that their proposed budget will put us Trillions of dollars in Debt I am sure a couple of billion can be hiding in there somewhere. The sad part is so many Cons do not realize that if the Debt and spending is going up and taxes are going to be reduced, for the rich and businesses, then that leaves them and the rest of middle income Americans holding the bill. Yes, Good Times are a coming

Old 01-05-2017, 08:38 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
How that will work with 2 sides of the house and the potus approving it??

Old 01-05-2017, 08:40 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:

I found this particularly interesting about this alleged $353 billion deficit that repealing the ACA would cause.

“While CBO’s report notes that the deficit impact of repealing the law is highly uncertain, and could even reduce the deficit, it does show that repealing this law will boost nationwide employment and grow the economy,” Enzi said in a statement.

Repealing ObamaCare would add $353 billion to deficits, CBO says | TheHill

Old 01-05-2017, 08:40 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:

Good idea.

If the repeal cost so much as $1 the screaming would never stop. You cannot stop a myth with a fact, and you cannot satisfy anyone who did not vote for Trump. So the Republican legislature is not going to try.

So just sit in the back seat and watch the scenery.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:41 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Well, being that their proposed budget will put us Trillions of dollars in Debt I am sure a couple of billion can be hiding in there somewhere. The sad part is so many Cons do not realize that if the Debt and spending is going up and taxes are going to be reduced, for the rich and businesses, then that leaves them and the rest of middle income Americans holding the bill. Yes, Good Times are a coming
I keep telling the, in here to see trump tax proposal.. but...

Old 01-05-2017, 08:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I keep telling the, in here to see trump tax proposal.. but...
You will know it when they sign it into law, just have your wallet wide open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies