Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 09:07 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

Can liberals pay back the money spent on Obamacare? I will gladly pay for the wall...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 09:16 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Can liberals pay back the money spent on Obamacare? I will gladly pay for the wall...
Let's see. Over 2 million who finally have health care versus spending billions building a wall which won't benefit us at all. I will gladly help pay for healthcare of others who need it. You can spend your money on an unnecessary wall. But don't spend mine on it.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:16 PM

811 posts, read 810,376 times
let the idiot trump voters pay for it

Old 01-07-2017, 09:48 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nope, it was to be a double layered wall like there already was in some parts of Yuma and San Diego. Oh so you live on the border the truth comes out now. You're going to object to the security of our country's border and be ok with the negatives of illegal immigration and the ensuing costs of it for your own selfish reasons? Hint, we're all in this together and we should all be looking out for each other and our nation's interests as a whole. It's not all about "you".
Quote:
DHS reports that there is now fencing for 649 of the 652 miles described in the Secure Fence Act of 2006. But the vast majority of the requirement was met with vehicle barriers and single-layer pedestrian fence. The original act specifically called for double-layer fencing, and only 36.3 miles of double-layered fencing currently exist. However, the act was later amended to allow Border Security the discretion to determine which type of fencing was appropriate for different areas.
Obama says the border fence is 'now basically complete' | PolitiFact

36 miles of FENCING is not 700 miles of double layered WALL.

And I live in MS, nowhere the boarder. As for the nations interests, I think health care, education funding, and our infrastructure are far more important than building a wall that will not keep anyone out unless you can't go around it by boat or over it by plane.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:08 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

Honestly I don't care one way or the other about the wall, I don't have to look at it. If people want to come a wall won't stop them, they will go over, under or around it.
Exactly. That's why walls are obsolete. No one has them anymore. Oh btw, anybody going under your house walls to get in?

Old 01-08-2017, 07:29 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Exactly. That's why walls are obsolete. No one has them anymore. Oh btw, anybody going under your house walls to get in?
Actually yes. We had critters dig under the house, and under the fence. Birds fly over the fence all the time and end up in the yard too. And the locks on the doors will only keep someone that doesn't really want in out.

If walls, fences and locks really worked there would be no burglary or trespassing.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:14 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Actually yes. We had critters dig under the house, and under the fence. Birds fly over the fence all the time and end up in the yard too. And the locks on the doors will only keep someone that doesn't really want in out.

If walls, fences and locks really worked there would be no burglary or trespassing.

Wrong! If there were no wall, fences and locks there would be much more burglary and trespassing.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:27 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:

Of course.

People determined to get into the US will easily figure out other ways to get here.

Under the wall. Over the wall. Around the wall. By water. Overstay visas. Get work permits.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:24 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Of course.

People determined to get into the US will easily figure out other ways to get here.

Under the wall. Over the wall. Around the wall. By water. Overstay visas. Get work permits.

We can cut the numbers down though by having a wall (with tunnel sensors and the double wall can't be climbed over easily either), protecting our water and air spaces and tracking visa over stayers. You guys act like if we can't stop them 100% we should do nothing. When did Americans start having such a defeatist attitude? IMO, those who keep saying we can't do this and we can't do that don't actually want illegal immigration to end.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:26 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
I'll not only help pay for it, you let me know when construction starts, I'll be there to help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies