Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 01:08 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times

Advertisements

Not really a shock to people with common sense, but this is a humiliating defeat after months of chest pounding and heated rhetoric for extremists who worship Trump.

For future reference, we dont have the authority to force a sovereign country to pay for anything. Welcome to the world.

Sources: Trump will ask Congress, not Mexico, to pay for border wall - CNNPolitics.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 01:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
"Sources" and "CNN" are not legitimate thread starters.

Old 01-06-2017, 01:25 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,981 times
Fake News.

Trump isn't even in office yet lol

Old 01-06-2017, 03:57 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,854 times
It's a possibility. The Republican representative that was quoted didn't say it was certain they will go this route.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:24 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,122,865 times
I just saw something the other day to where even Trump's most hardcore supporters know and have always known that Mexico is not really going to pay for it. Congress will pay for it of course. It is not a "humiliating defeat." No one is even going to care. They will just be happy the wall is there.

I repped Pknopp though for the excellent point that CNN can no longer be considered a legit news agency and anything they report resembling the truth is merely a coincidence. Since this comes out of CNN, I have to think that maybe Mexico might build the wall. If they reported that the Juarez desert was dry, I might wonder at what tasty fish might be extracted from it.

Final point: everyone knows Trump has no authority to force Mexico to build a wall. The idea was always economic coercion, but again, no one really cares. OP is a typical lib who thinks he is way ahead of the curve, when in fact, he is like one of the blind guys in the parody of the elephant, or something, who has not even the frame of reference to know how little he understands.

By the way, the wall could be built for virtually nothing if done my way. We have purposefully unfair regulations that force us to de-commission and replace our truck fleets prematurely. They are univerally sent to Mexico where they are suped up, and, under NAFTA regulations, driven back into America by Mexican companies. It is one of the most abject cases of theft against American companies and an even more abject welfare give away to Mexico. I think it would be great if we took our old tractors, pattern parked them right along the border, and just did enough diggging to sink the wheel-line in the earth. Voila--a ten or twelve foot wall for almost literally nothing that could be added to later, perhaps running a fence on top.

Poetic justice at its finest.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:30 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
It seems that only the dim witted american voter who voted for the Orange guy believed everything he said was going to happen..wait until he takes their Medicare then they will possibly wake the heck up...

Old 01-06-2017, 04:30 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Fake News.

Trump isn't even in office yet lol
Trump isn't in office yet; however, somehow *this* thread: Trump Tells DHS To Prepare For Border Wall Construction | Zero Hedge

which was posted by 18montclair's "twin on the Right" on the C-D board, is okay to post.

It's really funny, I watch these two posters. Y'all love the Trump supporter, who spews biased propaganda all day long, but don't like it when 18montclair does it!

Old 01-06-2017, 04:31 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I just saw something the other day to where even Trump's most hardcore supporters know and have always known that Mexico is not really going to pay for it. Congress will pay for it of course. It is not a "humiliating defeat." No one is even going to care. They will just be happy the wall is there.

I repped Pknopp though for the excellent point that CNN can no longer be considered a legit news agency and anything they report resembling the truth is merely a coincidence. Since this comes out of CNN, I have to think that maybe Mexico might build the wall. If they reported that the Juarez desert was dry, I might wonder at what tasty fish might be extracted from it.

Final point: everyone knows Trump has no authority to force Mexico to build a wall. The idea was always economic coercion, but again, no one really cares. OP is a typical lib who thinks he is way ahead of the curve, when in fact, he is like one of the blind guys in the parody of the elephant, or something, who has not even the frame of reference to know how little he understands.

By the way, the wall could be built for virtually nothing if done my way. We have purposefully unfair regulations that force us to de-commission and replace our truck fleets prematurely. They are univerally sent to Mexico where they are suped up, and, under NAFTA regulations, driven back into America by Mexican companies. It is one of the most abject cases of theft against American companies and an even more abject welfare give away to Mexico. I think it would be great if we took our old tractors, pattern parked them right along the border, and just did enough diggging to sink the wheel-line in the earth. Voila--a ten or twelve foot wall for almsot literally nothing that could be added to later, perhaps running a fence on top.

Poetic justice at its finest.
The level of self delusion on this post is just precious. Thank you for the laugh.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:35 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
As I Trump supporter, I never thought (A) that it would be a wall, or (B) that Mexico would pay for it.

I was, however, delighted that Trump -- unlike every other politician out there -- actually wanted to secure the border.

This is another case of anti-Trumps taking him literally but not seriously, and Trump supporters taking him seriously but not literally.

If you anti-Trumps think that we give a hoot about this, you are sadly mistaken.

And Mexico certainly WILL pay for the wall in many indirect ways -- such as not being able to dump its problems on us as easily as it has in the past.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Trump will ask taxpayers to pay for border wall, not Mexico
I knew he was lying from the first time he said it. Of course he went on to repeat the lie hundreds of times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies